Home Aircon

BoneStock

ask @vratenza on his review.

I've used his aircon services and he knows his stuff

No need ask. I used him last month for my aircon servicing. His worker was really good and thorough. Only $40 per FCU. He was not free and asked his worker come in a MY plate Vios.

• Praise 1

No need ask. I used him last month for my aircon servicing. His worker was really good and thorough. Only $40 per FCU. He was not free and asked his worker come in a MY plate Vios.

good bro.  Happy that he lives up to his cred!

• Praise 1

Can we buy our own compressor & FCU direct from manufacturers (own tpt to our place)  and buy services for installation only from Simon? Cut out the middle man.  

eh i not agent..you call n ask lah [:p]

Can we buy our own compressor & FCU direct from manufacturers (own tpt to our place)  and buy services for installation only from Simon? Cut out the middle man.  

Call Simon and ask. I dont know.

Hi bro,

Shortlisted below 2. System 4(3br + 1 living) Please advise which better if u can:

1) Mit. Starmex $3700

MXY4A28VA / MSYGE10VA x3 / MSYGE24VA 

2) Daikin $3800

4MKS80FSG / FTKS25DVM x3 / FTKS6FVM

TIA

Hi bro,

Shortlisted below 2. System 4(3br + 1 living) Please advise which better if u can:

1) Mit. Starmex $3700

2) Daikin $3800

TIA

I will go for starmex.

• Praise 1

Thanks! Sounds right.

It's not only the system 4 and brand model

Also about the compressor. Maybe a lousier version.

GC good choice? I don't need cheapest. I only want reliability and peace of mind.

GC good choice. See if can arrange for m'sian installers, very skillful. Tye other day I saw my neighbour's compressor being installed by 2 ATs. My only thot was "wah lao!"

Hi bro,

1) Mit. Starmex $3700

2) Daikin $3800

TIA

Bro Starmex is a better choice.

• Praise 2

can you do that ? You have direct contact ? so leceh. Let people earn some money lah. Aircon we talking about leh, not engine oil 

• Praise 2

Hi bro,

1) Mit. Starmex $3700

2) Daikin $3800

TIA

If use often, which one has more ticks? If buy for 'show' (some don on a/c that much) then buy the one with prettier FCU. 

Sometimes, contractor buy can be cheaper a bit if they pass their bulk buy savings to you.

can you do that ? You have direct contact ? so leceh. Let people earn some money lah. Aircon we talking about leh, not engine oil 

Have not done it before, and should be able to. Daikin/Mit E all have local offices for contacts & they keep stock in their warehouse. Installation professional services maybe is  (sys4)  $400. Using the above $3700 - 400 = 3.3K. If reseller margin is 30%, saving is coming to $1K, if you cut out the middle man (who just do the transport) - but this will need a MPV or SUV. 

• Praise 1

I've been cleaning my starmex air con today for the first time.

I actually wanted to remove the blower and wash it cos that's where a lot of dirt is stuck and reduces the efficiency of the FCU. Somehow I couldn't remove it despite loosening the set screw connecting it to the motor. Zzz

Anyway I think removing the drain tray and the putting back of the evaporator coils is not as easy as the pros seem to do it. They know how to twist and apply pressure at the correct places to dislodge the parts easily. I thought it was easy but really its not. I had to use brute force and I damaged some of the fins.

After trying it out on one unit, I went back to cleaning it by the way recommended by @Mustank. But i feel this way, the blower is at most 50 percent cleaned. But steam cleaning definitely makes the evaporator fins cleaner.

Shack after cleaning 3 units. Really pay money is easier lol. Maybe next time I just ask the guy to come wash and I just use the steam cleaner to clean the evaporator coils.

Anyway I summarized the steps that I think are the most logical to clean the air con without removing the blower.

This man shows how to remove everything but it's not as easy as he makes it out to be especially the part removing the drain tray and putting back the evaporator coil later.

https://youtu.be/YcpDrW-ALP0

- Remove covers and unscrew the 2 screws holding the cover

- Unhook and remove the cover. Try to pull down the center anchor point (sometimes not required) and try to unhook the bottom (as if opening a cabinet door with a hinge at the top)

- Remove the louvers

- Vacuum and brush the evaporator coils in vertical strokes (less likely to bend the coils compared to zig zag)

- Tape trash bag below and prepare basins plus rags below

- Use water spray (focused spray) and spray the blower clean

- Use steam cleaner plus spray to wash evaporator coils

- Clean and wipe dry

- Attach vacuum to drain pipe outlet

- Place back louvers (unit cannot be switched back on without louvers in situ)

- Switch on vacuum and switch on FCU

- Replace cover and reattach screws

To remove blower

- Remove the wires and connectors originating from the drain tray from circuit board

- Remove drain tray

- Unscrew set screw on right side of blower

- Remove 3 screws holding left side of evaporator coil and pull out blower

↡ Advertisement