Home Aircon

BoneStock

Turbocharged

Just to share: i recently replaced my 17 year-old Diakin non-inverter (it was hardly used the first 3 years, then later 7 yr also used only maybe 1-2 hr every night). It was a system 4 (3+1).

Replaced only the system but re-used old piping. Changed to Trentios inverter system 3 for the 3 rooms only. Less than $1900. Got 4 ticks.

Made in Singapore. Bought at Giant...

Think someone mentioned before there's a standard to adhere to...

Can anyone confirm since the newer AC is using a newer standard, is there a need to have the piping alined as well?

I'm actually holding back due to this concern. Sibeh sian have to tear down the existing setup inside the house..

↡ Advertisement

Can anyone confirm since the newer AC is using a newer standard, is there a need to have the piping alined as well?

I'm actually holding back due to this concern. Sibeh sian have to tear down the existing setup inside the house..

Need to change piping. New refrigeant used is R410a, operates at a much higher pressure than the old R22 , therefore need thicker pipe. 

Last time I changes, we used back trunking. All copper and drain pipes changed.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Thanks bro RadX , Adrianli and Vratenza  for your recommendations.

My 10 yrs old air-con kaput in last Sep. I approached Simon after reading your threads. No regret for me. Starmex is excellent. For the past 6 months, my average saving per month on electricty is about $100 (around 500 kwh). [thumbsup] 

what's the BTU and how many hours per unit per day .... to save $100 a month ?

i am using normal 2 split units but only use one about 9 hours 'on' a night ... possible to also save $100 a month ?

Just to share: i recently replaced my 17 year-old Diakin non-inverter (it was hardly used the first 3 years, then later 7 yr also used only maybe 1-2 hr every night). It was a system 4 (3+1). 

Replaced only the system but re-used old piping. Changed to Trentios inverter system 3 for the 3 rooms only. Less than $1900. Got 4 ticks.

Made in Singapore. Bought at Giant...

i also lookng at trentios ... specs look great (like all MIS stuffs) ... but i after i read some reviews on th web, i am double-considering ... seem that they have rather poor after-sales service (like all MIS stuffs).

but i am keen to hear your feedback.

Huh... i hope i haven't been duped...

What happened was that my old system was a Daikin non-inverter, the good old hardy range i was told.

So when the tenant complained not very cool, i was looking for a cheap unit that is reliable, and didn't bother about the electricity consumption, and found i think the same old Daikin non-inverter range, which was going at less than $1700 if use existing piping (and $600 more if change piping). My tenant had requested me to change to a new inverter set, so that he'll pay less for utility every month, but I was not prepared to pay upwards of $3k for the typical Mit, Panasonic, LG, etc. inverters...

But after paying for the Daikin, and waiting for the installation/replacement, the company called me up and told me that 'upgrading' to the Trentios inverter was beneficial, got 10 yr warranty for the compressor (c.f. 5 for all other brands - dunno how true), the fin of the coil is coated with some gold-colour layer which can withstand more chemical wash, and maintenance/repair is v easy as they are the first/only one that can use a diagnostic kit to connect to the compressor and the kit will be able to diagnose what's wrong, during troubleshooting (much like our cars, i gathered)...

What tilted my decision was when my agent suggested that given the weak rental market, maybe it's good to make my tenant happy by paying that bit more to get an inverter, so that hopefully they'll renew the lease without fuss when it expires...

But I had specifically asked the chap who called, whether the Trentios system can use my existing piping (for Daikin it was quite obvious not an issue). He said when the installer goes down, he will check the compatibility and also condition of the old piping system first. So when they installed it successfully, i assumed it was compatible and in useable condition. This is important as some of the trunking/pipings were concealed inside my built-in wardrobe when we first renovated the place. It would have been messy and troublesome if it needed to be replaced. Just glad didn't have to do that...

i also lookng at trentios ... specs look great (like all MIS stuffs) ... but i after i read some reviews on th web, i am double-considering ... seem that they have rather poor after-sales service (like all MIS stuffs).

I kinda worry about what you said, as i'm in a bit of denial about potential issue should it happen...

i didn't read any reviews on it, so that's more worrying. What i experienced is with Trentios (or Trend as it was called previously) is with it's portable aircons. Bought 2 units before, and one unit had to be brought back for repair just 1-2 mth after purchase. But the servicing/repair people were quite prompt, and they called me to explain that it was because the user (tenant) didn't know how to press the remote/setting, so resulted in the problem - not sure how true...

So far fingers crossed, my tenant hasn't reported any issues, and was quite appreciative of the replacement. I hope there will not be any issues... forever  :XD:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Huh... i hope i haven't been duped...

What happened was that my old system was a Daikin non-inverter, the good old hardy range i was told.

So when the tenant complained not very cool, i was looking for a cheap unit that is reliable, and didn't bother about the electricity consumption, and found i think the same old Daikin non-inverter range, which was going at less than $1700 if use existing piping (and $600 more if change piping). My tenant had requested me to change to a new inverter set, so that he'll pay less for utility every month, but I was not prepared to pay upwards of $3k for the typical Mit, Panasonic, LG, etc. inverters...

But after paying for the Daikin, and waiting for the installation/replacement, the company called me up and told me that 'upgrading' to the Trentios inverter was beneficial, got 10 yr warranty for the compressor (c.f. 5 for all other brands - dunno how true), the fin of the coil is coated with some gold-colour layer which can withstand more chemical wash, and maintenance/repair is v easy as they are the first/only one that can use a diagnostic kit to connect to the compressor and the kit will be able to diagnose what's wrong, during troubleshooting (much like our cars, i gathered)...

What tilted my decision was when my agent suggested that given the weak rental market, maybe it's good to make my tenant happy by paying that bit more to get an inverter, so that hopefully they'll renew the lease without fuss when it expires...

But I had specifically asked the chap who called, whether the Trentios system can use my existing piping (for Daikin it was quite obvious not an issue). He said when the installer goes down, he will check the compatibility and also condition of the old piping system first. So when they installed it successfully, i assumed it was compatible and in useable condition. This is important as some of the trunking/pipings were concealed inside my built-in wardrobe when we first renovated the place. It would have been messy and troublesome if it needed to be replaced. Just glad didn't have to do that...

Like bro Ender said.. the gas pressure in the new AC standard..

If the new standard blows more pressure thru the pipes, then whether the existing piping is still hardy doesn't matter already.. the question will be when they will give way, since the old piping would likely adhere to the old standard, i.e. Ability to withstand lower pressure.

Nobody knows if the old piping was built to exceed its old standard.. it's a risk.. if not, it probably will burst or leak some time later?

Maybe u call another few other companies just to enquiry, just to make sure the existing old piping is okay to use with the Trentios system as they claimed?

Edit. What is the standard used on the Trentios system u bought... then check if the pipes can withstand it..

Edited by Solar
  • Praise 1

Like bro Ender said.. the gas pressure in the new AC standard..

If the new standard blows more pressure thru the pipes, then whether the existing piping is still hardy doesn't matter already.. the question will be when they will give way, since the old piping would likely adhere to the old standard, i.e. Ability to withstand lower pressure.

Nobody knows if the old piping was built to exceed its old standard.. it's a risk.. if not, it probably will burst or leak some time later?

Maybe u call another few other companies just to enquiry, just to make sure the existing old piping is okay to use with the Trentios system as they claimed?

Edit. What is the standard used on the Trentios system u bought... then check if the pipes can withstand it..

wah lao... now seriously  [sweatdrop]

how to check the standard huh?

Haha you also read the diy air con cleaning thread at HWZ?

I already bought this, but a black one. Now I just need a suitable pressure water gun that it not too strong that it will bent the fins.

Hhehe I didn't read

I am just a lazy guy

(edited)

what's the BTU and how many hours per unit per day .... to save $100 a month ?

i am using normal 2 split units but only use one about 9 hours 'on' a night ... possible to also save $100 a month ?

13000 & 18000 BTU, about 8 hrs a night for both units. previous model was Sanyo.

To be exact, electricity monthly consumption drop from average 1100 kwh to 650 kwh.

p/s: sorry for the late reply, somehow missed the notification. [wave] 

Edited by Jp66

Haha you also read the diy air con cleaning thread at HWZ?

I already bought this, but a black one. Now I just need a suitable pressure water gun that it not too strong that it will bent the fins.

Ok read already

From back until this page

I think This is the critical page

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/guys-you-all-got-diy-clean-your-aircon-blower-5091470-75.html

Was washing my aircon with steam power machine and a flower watering pump yesterday

And wished I had a water bag

Went to taobao and viola! Found! :grin:

I am also using a wet vacuum to vacuum out the water from the aircon waste water pipe

Hypersonic

Why the seller must show photos of its employees posing in various pictures and factory facilities? [hur][laugh]

My guess is to show they are a company. The sellers on taobao are mixtures of proper companies and individuals who operates from home and hence a high chance they can't provide proper support.

Tmall, I understand correctly has only proper companies.

• Praise 1

Why the seller must show photos of its employees posing in various pictures and factory facilities? [hur][laugh]

Actually I prefer transparent one so that I can lift up and see where I am spraying when I spray inside without getting wet everywhere :XD:

My Toshiba aircon fancoil transponder failed to "talk" to the remote controller suddenly.

The remote controller is working as I tested out with other two fan coils.

So I reckon it's the little transponder in white square plastic that has gone busted.

Anyone has had any experience and how to solve this?

I know it sounds ridiculous, since the fan coil is already drawing electricity from main - does the transponder need a button cell battery (just like PC) to work?

↡ Advertisement