Home Aircon

BoneStock

Turbocharged

to me the main issue is to tear down some renovation works that have hidden the pipes.. a stupid overlook when i did mine previously..

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

my 1st set of aircon Fuji (not Fujitsu) sys-3 with a split for the 4th aircon use for 10 years

now on 2nd set MHI sys-4 ... 3 years still going strong and i expect to use for another 5 years at least

Edited by Wt_know

Bro....for condo, all the piping are inside the wall.

Now I feel like changing one of my blower unit, but not feasible to change piping leh.....have to hack a few walls??

how old is that FCU?

Hypersonic
(edited)

I am budget conscious.

Came across this Mitsubishi Electric System 3 inverter unit at $3249++

http://www.gaincity.com/product/MITSUBISHI-ELECTRIC-MXY3A28VA%3Cbr%3E3XMSYGE10VA_20c520b4-608d-102f-9da5-000c293efb7c

worth it?

you can't go wrong with starmex.

Super quiet. Fairly easy to clean. Spare parts are cheaper than some of the other brands.

I did lot of reading up before deciding.

There are cheaper sellers than GC, but u have to decide if u trust the installation of the pipes to them.

Get 1/2" insulation and at least 22G copper pipes. If u use GC, then these are standard.

My block from a rough estimate, i would say at least 70-80% of people are using starmex. N considering starmex is not the cheapest brand on the market.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

haha my inverter system 1 for my MBR. all 3 of us sleep inside. Set at 27 degrees. 26 if it's really warm day.

but it's only been 6-7 months since i moved in.

• Praise 1

you can't go wrong with starmex.

Super quiet. Fairly easy to clean. Spare parts are cheaper than some of the other brands.

I did lot of reading up before deciding.

There are cheaper sellers than GC, but u have to decide if u trust the installation of the pipes to them.

Get 1/2" insulation and at least 22G copper pipes. If u use GC, then these are standard.

My block from a rough estimate, i would say at least 70-80% of people are using starmex. N considering starmex is not the cheapest brand on the market.

My Mit Starmex 9 years old liao, no problem at all.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Do you folks opt for warranty extension when you buy your aircon?

hmmm i got it as the free gift when i bought.

1 yr + 4 yr warranty.

Maybe u ask the rest. haha.

Generally i would say washing machine and AC would be the 2 household items i don't mind buying extended warranty. Simply for peace of mind and convenience.

Edited by Lala81

Bro, 10 years,

i am sure your aircon is already EOL. Is it even possible to just swap out the FCU like that? i dont think the multi split system in the market is that modular. I am sure the refrigerant that your 10 yo system is using should be R22A and not the current R410A. Also, i think you may have a problem with the compressor communicating with the FCU unit.

hmmm i got it as the free gift when i bought.

1 yr + 4 yr warranty.

Maybe u ask the rest. haha.

Generally i would say washing machine and AC would be the 2 household items i don't mind buying extended warranty. Simply for peace of mind and convenience.

Recently i faced a rotten situation. So two FCUs have been experiencing blinking LEDs and troubleshooting using the remote control yielded F3. It is a daikin unit.

Cut to the chase. Basically the installer guy came down and told us that there is a problem with the power cable that was used for the system. Apparently even the aircon power cables have brands and this one was SPEED. Poor manufacturing standards resulted in copper corrosion issues (most likely the maker did not use pure copper) which prevented communication between the FCU and the compressor unit. My understanding is that the data bus between the two should be at least 5kbps.

Already out of warranty so i was very very unhappy when the installer told me coolly i had to pay $500 when to me it is a classical situation of manufacturing defect which arose through no fault of mine.

My anger was greatly directed to this so called "engineer" who told me in a matter of fact manner that several customers who had their units fitted with this faulty cable experienced issues within the warranty period and so theirs were rectified FOC. And he kept going on that it is not their fault that the cables was faulty and the supplier was the government. Talk about blaming the garment!

What a half baked statement and a fella devoid of common sense to boot!

What i found disturbing was that they and perhaps this engineer dude stood twiddling their thumbs while they noted several folks on this brand of cable having problems. Apparently, there is no ethical obligations on their part to initiate contact on customers whom they KNOW are on this particular brand of power cabling to nip the problem in the bud. Was it my fault that the power cable chose to fail out of warranty? Copper corrosion basically meant that internal impedance should be on the high side. Under extreme situations, the power cables could catch fire resulting in electrical fires.

How was this resolved? The "engineer" told me he would not make a profit out of this service call and charge me for the cost of the cabling and waive the installation as well as transport fees. Wow how noble of him indeed.

The installer is natuxxx cxxx.

Hypersonic

Recently i faced a rotten situation. So two FCUs have been experiencing blinking LEDs and troubleshooting using the remote control yielded F3. It is a daikin unit.

Cut to the chase. Basically the installer guy came down and told us that there is a problem with the power cable that was used for the system. Apparently even the aircon power cables have brands and this one was SPEED. Poor manufacturing standards resulted in copper corrosion issues (most likely the maker did not use pure copper) which prevented communication between the FCU and the compressor unit. My understanding is that the data bus between the two should be at least 5kbps.

Already out of warranty so i was very very unhappy when the installer told me coolly i had to pay $500 when to me it is a classical situation of manufacturing defect which arose through no fault of mine.

My anger was greatly directed to this so called "engineer" who told me in a matter of fact manner that several customers who had their units fitted with this faulty cable experienced issues within the warranty period and so theirs were rectified FOC. And he kept going on that it is not their fault that the cables was faulty and the supplier was the government. Talk about blaming the garment!

What i found disturbing was that they and perhaps this engineer dude stood twiddling their thumbs while they noted several folks on this brand of cable having problems. Apparently, there is no ethical obligations on their part to initiate contact on customers whom they KNOW are on this particular brand of power cabling to nip the problem in the bud. Was it my fault that the power cable chose to fail out of warranty? Copper corrosion basically meant that internal impedance should be on the high side. Under extreme situations, the power cables could catch fire resulting in electrical fires.

How was this resolved? The "engineer" told me he would not make a profit out of this service call and charge me for the cost of the cabling and waive the installation as well as transport fees. Wow how noble of him indeed.

seems like power cables is a recurring theme...

Turbocharged

I can't believe it.

Business at gaincity is so good that i need to wait for 3 weeks before they could come to my house to install my new starmex

You folks waited this long for your aircon?

I can't believe it.

Business at gaincity is so good that i need to wait for 3 weeks before they could come to my house to install my new starmex

With 36 degree few days ago and the warm weather/night for past week, I guess a lot of people installing new air con before the heat wave.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I can't believe it.

Every year during the hot season, you have to wait for a few weeks.

I tried that before a couple of years ago. I think it's the same every year with the sudden surge in demand.

• Praise 1

My friend tell me copper price went up a lot

I think I rather use my old extension wires than buy new ones [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

I can't believe it.

Pretty standard.

Even off peak lead time is about 1 wk for GC.

Peak season is like that one. About 2 yrs back, i went to their AMK showroom on weekday evening to buy a window aircon for my home. Took me 30 mins just to be able to get the sales person free. And that's with me and my wife queueing to talk to separate sales persons lol.

↡ Advertisement