Home Aircon

BoneStock

I can't believe it.

Business at gaincity is so good that i need to wait for 3 weeks before they could come to my house to install my new starmex

You folks waited this long for your aircon?

My Starmex, I waited for 2mths. Yours short already. July 2013 order, Sep 2013 then got stock and install. Mine not from GC, from private contractor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

My Starmex, I waited for 2mths. Yours short already. July 2013 order, Sep 2013 then got stock and install. Mine not from GC, from private contractor.

Starmex is so popular.

Jack Neo must have raked in a tidy sum for this aircon advertisement.

Guys when you all are installing new aircond please remember that the quality of the copper piping, type of insulation and super importantly the quality of the power cables used should be given higher priority than the aircond brand and model. This is especially true if you plan to conceal your pipings behind cabinets or false walls. You can change the aircond unit easily, but you will cry if you need to tear out your nicely done false wall or cabinets just to replace aircond cables or insulation.

Regardless of what the aircond seller or contractor tells you, Mitsubishi Starmex REQUIRES minimum 4core 1.25mm pure copper cable for prolonged troublefree operation. Insist on locally made power cables eg Keystone or Tai Sin and do not accept China made cables. If you do not heed this advise, your aircond will come to hound you for money and heartbreaks months and years down the road. Don't think that because you dont use your aircond regularly, it wont happen to you. It will happen and its just a matter of months.

Most of those poor quality cables were made from coated aluminium or with a high percentage of aluminium mixed with copper. If you leave a piece of aluminium foil outside for 2 wks, you will notice that aluminium corrodes and turns into (grayish) aluminium oxide dust, not to mention that aluminium is a much poorer conductor of electricity compared to copper. Once these wires oxidises, they will no longer conduct electricity. In a good day, you lose the use of your aircond, in a bad day, the whole house will be burnt down.

• Praise 2

Guys when you all are installing new aircond please remember that the quality of the copper piping, type of insulation and super importantly the quality of the power cables used should be given higher priority than the aircond brand and model. This is especially true if you plan to conceal your pipings behind cabinets or false walls. You can change the aircond unit easily, but you will cry if you need to tear out your nicely done false wall or cabinets just to replace aircond cables or insulation.

Regardless of what the aircond seller or contractor tells you, Mitsubishi Starmex REQUIRES minimum 4core 1.25mm pure copper cable for prolonged troublefree operation. Insist on locally made power cables eg Keystone or Tai Sin and do not accept China made cables. If you do not heed this advise, your aircond will come to hound you for money and heartbreaks months and years down the road. Don't think that because you dont use your aircond regularly, it wont happen to you. It will happen and its just a matter of months.

Most of those poor quality cables were made from coated aluminium or with a high percentage of aluminium mixed with copper. If you leave a piece of aluminium foil outside for 2 wks, you will notice that aluminium corrodes and turns into (grayish) aluminium oxide dust, not to mention that aluminium is a much poorer conductor of electricity compared to copper. Once these wires oxidises, they will no longer conduct electricity. In a good day, you lose the use of your aircond, in a bad day, the whole house will be burnt down.

Fully agree about the power cable... Mine was less than 2 yrs, one break down and I have to replace all three room that cost me another 300+, not to mention all the hassle opening up the trunking ..

great advice [thumbsup]

[laugh] I thought I am the odd one to set temp at 27 deg C. [laugh]

haha my inverter system 1 for my MBR. all 3 of us sleep inside. Set at 27 degrees. 26 if it's really warm day.

but it's only been 6-7 months since i moved in.

Hi Bros,

From reading this thread, seems like Mit Starmex is a popular choice.

Any good installer or any lobang to recommend System 3 unit?

Thinking of upgrading from window unit to split unit.

Thank you

• Praise 3

Anyone knows the cost of changing the capicator for compressor fan startup and topping up gas?

would think below 150

just to share about power cord cable

few years back,these batch of power cord cable are cmi ..alot aircon companies/users suffer this issue

signal lost,burnt etc..

not fault of air con companies actually

why i knew?i kana 2 times at home..and some in offices..i checked with 5 contractors..they telling me same story..lol

• Praise 1

Hi Bros,

From reading this thread, seems like Mit Starmex is a popular choice.

Any good installer or any lobang to recommend System 3 unit?

Thinking of upgrading from window unit to split unit.

Thank you

Hi bro,

Have you found the installer for starmex? I also want to install. tkx u

• Praise 1

Hi bro,

Have you found the installer for starmex? I also want to install. tkx u

Found that Gaincity not bad.. Just a bit more ex... Install Mit Starmex with them.... Close to 6 years.... No issue.... Just need regular annual maintenance.... In fact, I set my room temp at 26 degree.... Anything lower will freeze to death.... Kekekeke..... Quiet and powderful,.. Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 2

Found that Gaincity not bad.. Just a bit more ex... Install Mit Starmex with them.... Close to 6 years.... No issue.... Just need regular annual maintenance.... In fact, I set my room temp at 26 degree.... Anything lower will freeze to death.... Kekekeke..... Quiet and powderful,..

Thank you bro

The mitsubishi heavy industries parts, labour and transport fees will eat your savings after warranty ends. Just to get them come already going to cost you $85. Their parts is well known to be more expensive then Mitsubishi Electric. Do your research please.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1