• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
178 replies to this topic | 540 praises

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.nbclosang...shservices.html

watch the video.

not much text

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am a believer in engine flushing.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Vaped
  • Vaped
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

flushed the engine at autobacs early this year in feb. after getting a used car last year in sept. so far so good. coz previous owner dragged....the engine oil change before selling the car...imo coz of the C&C svc sticker.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi_torq
  • Hi_torq
    1st Gear
    Author Image

My experience, performance improvement good. After a week, engine camshaft seized. Small particles got carried over to bearing.

Have to be done very carefully. Ensure, nothing leftover in your system.
Filters not to be removed at any point.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't waste $$$. Even if previous owner drag the maintenance interval, just fill up with mineral oil and run for 1K, drain off and repeat until you song.

Baal, 2BDriver and FourZero praised this

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Save your breath.... those who swear by engine flush will continue to do so no matter what you say or what you show them... Let them be....
2BDriver praised this

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't waste $$$. Even if previous owner drag the maintenance interval, just fill up with mineral oil and run for 1K, drain off and repeat until you song.

Yup, thats the proper way if you want to clean up your engines.... Its slower, but sure it wont cause any damage to the engine..

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yixiang1
  • Premium member
    Yixiang1
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Think i saw autobacs service package is engine flush using 4 litres of fluid leh... unlike the usual one just pour like 400ml of voltronic into engine oil, ask u rev a bit for 10-20 min... then drain out everything...

wonder if that is any good... and autobacs oil change using their vantage oil or other oil is not exactly expensive.... since it comes with the flush... only fear is later, the mechanic tell u this and that need to change... after the normal servicing.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If you care to take time to hunt for engine flush, there are some, maybe harder to find now, engine flush that needs to be added-in and driven for 200-300miles, before going for oil change.
Its becoming harder to find this type of engine flush.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Arixlim
  • Arixlim
    Banned

haha..i was doing engine flush and fuel injector all the time every month 10k at C&C, after sometime, i give up after warranty, cos i wake up and find i am a carrot...hahaha...they rabbit me all the time...hahaha....engine flush and fuel injector always hardsell...iss correct, and any SE price also difference, the older SE charges higher and more insistent.. i like this thread...now i am feeling advised. thanks

just fill up with mineral oil and run for 1K, drain off and repeat until you song....is the correct way...but it grinds metal and produces more wear and engine tear thru revving also, so i think just drive normal, they say japanese engine more durable can last 10 years after that...u must be ready to pay...
2BDriver and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

Mickkiee
  • Mickkiee
    Banned

it should not be flusehed
it must be cleaned

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    Author Image

not only deposit will get stuck in your engine.

think about it...

if the flush is strong enough to get ride of stubborn slug in minutes, what will it do to your engine seals....
2BDriver praised this

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

not only deposit will get stuck in your engine.

think about it...

if the flush is strong enough to get ride of stubborn slug in minutes, what will it do to your engine seals....

specifically your head gasket. knife.gif
1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My mechanic only flush my diesel van engine and not my petrol driven car. Guess its more of useful for high mileage vehicles.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Gee
  • Gee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

read somewhere that engine flush on old car also remove harden gunk that helps seal movement, and that created problem.
2BDriver praised this

so and so - capitaine lentement

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Pitbull
  • Premium member
    Pitbull
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Go youtube, look for " Vtec club oil change". See what the Japanese boss of Spoon says about engine flush, believe you will not touch engine flush again lol

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I always use cheap mineral oil without changing the filter, run 2-3k, drain, if not happy, drain, mineral oil and run another 2-3k den synthetic oil with filter change. Best drain when engine is still hot, oil more liquified.

Edited by KaKiLang, 24 July 2012 - 09:31 AM.

2BDriver and shutterbox praised this

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I changed engine oil and put the used one in a 20L container.
When it's full I'll empty in into a bigger drum.

What comes out during the transfer are clumps of mud-like substance besides the liquid oil.
They settle and form at the bottom of the container due to inactivity and change of temperature.

Those who experience engine failure after engine flush, probably experience these substance being dislodged by the cleaner.

Once it choked the small oil passage, there is no lubrication for the engine and the engine failed.

For those who say they have no problem with engine flush, they are lucky they have not experienced it as yet.

It doesn't mean they will always be that lucky.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You don't need a flush if you have been using good quality synthetic oil.

Take a look at what happen after using Pennzoil Ultra for 1000 mile, works as advertised.
http://www.youtube.c...rctic388/videos

Edited by Trex101, 24 July 2012 - 09:55 AM.

2BDriver praised this
<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think when your engine is pretty clean, flushing won't cause much problem. But then, if it's pretty clean, then no point flushing. What's more important is regular engine oil change and to utilise your car regularly.

The most missed point about engine oil change in Singapore is, most don't clock the extended interval of 15/20K or even 30K within 6 months, and most motorists change engine oil only in accordance to distance clocked, and not distance clocked OR 6 months whichever comes first.

Edited by Kangadrool, 24 July 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: engine, flush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users