Do NOT engine flush

Mllcg

Neutral Newbie

flushed the engine at autobacs early this year in feb. after getting a used car last year in sept. so far so good. coz previous owner dragged....the engine oil change before selling the car...imo coz of the C&C svc sticker.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My experience, performance improvement good. After a week, engine camshaft seized. Small particles got carried over to bearing.

Have to be done very carefully. Ensure, nothing leftover in your system.

Filters not to be removed at any point.

• Praise 1

Don't waste $$$. Even if previous owner drag the maintenance interval, just fill up with mineral oil and run for 1K, drain off and repeat until you song.

• Praise 3

Don't waste $$$. Even if previous owner drag the maintenance interval, just fill up with mineral oil and run for 1K, drain off and repeat until you song.

Yup, thats the proper way if you want to clean up your engines.... Its slower, but sure it wont cause any damage to the engine..

Think i saw autobacs service package is engine flush using 4 litres of fluid leh... unlike the usual one just pour like 400ml of voltronic into engine oil, ask u rev a bit for 10-20 min... then drain out everything...

wonder if that is any good... and autobacs oil change using their vantage oil or other oil is not exactly expensive.... since it comes with the flush... only fear is later, the mechanic tell u this and that need to change... after the normal servicing.

• Praise 1

If you care to take time to hunt for engine flush, there are some, maybe harder to find now, engine flush that needs to be added-in and driven for 200-300miles, before going for oil change.

Its becoming harder to find this type of engine flush.

haha..i was doing engine flush and fuel injector all the time every month 10k at C&C, after sometime, i give up after warranty, cos i wake up and find i am a carrot...hahaha...they rabbit me all the time...hahaha....engine flush and fuel injector always hardsell...iss correct, and any SE price also difference, the older SE charges higher and more insistent.. i like this thread...now i am feeling advised. thanks

just fill up with mineral oil and run for 1K, drain off and repeat until you song....is the correct way...but it grinds metal and produces more wear and engine tear thru revving also, so i think just drive normal, they say japanese engine more durable can last 10 years after that...u must be ready to pay...

• Praise 2

not only deposit will get stuck in your engine.

think about it...

if the flush is strong enough to get ride of stubborn slug in minutes, what will it do to your engine seals....

• Praise 1

not only deposit will get stuck in your engine.

think about it...

if the flush is strong enough to get ride of stubborn slug in minutes, what will it do to your engine seals....

specifically your head gasket. [knife]

read somewhere that engine flush on old car also remove harden gunk that helps seal movement, and that created problem.

• Praise 1

Go youtube, look for " Vtec club oil change". See what the Japanese boss of Spoon says about engine flush, believe you will not touch engine flush again lol

(edited)

I always use cheap mineral oil without changing the filter, run 2-3k, drain, if not happy, drain, mineral oil and run another 2-3k den synthetic oil with filter change. Best drain when engine is still hot, oil more liquified.

Edited by KaKiLang
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

I changed engine oil and put the used one in a 20L container.

When it's full I'll empty in into a bigger drum.

What comes out during the transfer are clumps of mud-like substance besides the liquid oil.

They settle and form at the bottom of the container due to inactivity and change of temperature.

Those who experience engine failure after engine flush, probably experience these substance being dislodged by the cleaner.

Once it choked the small oil passage, there is no lubrication for the engine and the engine failed.

For those who say they have no problem with engine flush, they are lucky they have not experienced it as yet.

It doesn't mean they will always be that lucky.

↡ Advertisement