Do NOT engine flush

Mllcg

(edited)

I think when your engine is pretty clean, flushing won't cause much problem. But then, if it's pretty clean, then no point flushing. What's more important is regular engine oil change and to utilise your car regularly.

The most missed point about engine oil change in Singapore is, most don't clock the extended interval of 15/20K or even 30K within 6 months, and most motorists change engine oil only in accordance to distance clocked, and not distance clocked OR 6 months whichever comes first.

Edited by Kangadrool

I think when your engine is pretty clean, flushing won't cause much problem. But then, if it's pretty clean, then no point flushing. What's more important is regular engine oil change and to utilise your car regularly.

The most missed point about engine oil change in Singapore is, most don't clock the extended interval of 15/20K or even 30K within 6 months, and most motorists change engine oil only in accordance to distance clocked, and not distance clocked OR 6 months whichever comes first.

[laugh] yah agreed..

my 1st flush i had was a Honda COE car... within a few days there was oil leaking from my gaskets...

(edited)

haha..they also add in fuel addicives to clean engine i remember...recently....levo98? shell? got a feeling the boost and the cleaning abit performance difference, so it cleans ur engine like a engine mini flush..?..same mah...put into your fuel tank, burst with injector, difference is engine oil deposit take in the carbon....so fuel injector is cleaner perhaps..?

Edited by Arixlim

wah lan, i went Huat Lee and they sold me engine flush. Now i am scared. my car need to drive till 10th yr, if die half way, cant afford COE anymore

(edited)

wah lan, i went Huat Lee and they sold me engine flush. Now i am scared. my car need to drive till 10th yr, if die half way, cant afford COE anymore

Just curious, how much is the engine flush? Dunno why so many w/s like to sell this kinda package. [:(] Sibei ho tan meh?

Edited by Kangadrool

Just curious, how much is the engine flush? Dunno why so many w/s like to sell this kinda package. [:(] Sibei ho tan meh?

if flush kills engine, u gotta go back that WS rebuild ma [rolleyes]

25 bucks...

Actually, there is hardly a need to flush engine unless its very dirty. For me, I change my oil every 5000KM hence its always clean.

The safest way to flush an engine is to simply use mineral engine and run it for 500KM and change the oil (if you feel rich you can use synthetic oil).

• Praise 1

Just flush my engine using amsoil flush, is it ok? Amsoil is a brand swore by many. Cos my engine got a little sludge but I only pour in half bottle and drain out like 10min flat.

I wish more people pay attention to flushing the toilets.

So many public toilets people dun bother to flush.

Car dun need and they want to!

:D

• Praise 3

the first time i flush my LGT (mileage around 40K) the coolant became brownish 2 days later and the reserve tank was boiling. I have no evident to point this to the flash but so coincidental?

I'm still confused. I am thinking of doing the engine flush for the next servicing package coz just got a second hand car. I see terms like engine flush + treatment, fuel Additives + Fuel Injector + System Cleaner. Are they all the same meaning of engine flushing? Some bros mentioned use mineral oil n run for certain km, then change oil again. I mean, for layman like us, we dun know how to DIY, n I dun think the workshops advise or do this for us. We only go for our regular servicing with or without engine flush. So, in conclusion, experts pls give correct advise. Thank u very much! [confused]

↡ Advertisement