Do NOT engine flush

Mllcg

(edited)

Btw, I came across a product at a station called CD2. Its an add on additive to eo and not a flushing product.

Claims to contains lots off detergents to clean the internals of the engine. Sludge, sticky rings...etc.

Any bro here tried it before or have more knowledge on this product?

PS : http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/CD-2-Chemical-Oil-detergent/_/N-260b?itemIdentifier=238992_0_0_

Features & Benefits

Designed for cars with over 40,000 miles. Comes in 4, 6 and 8 cylinder formulations. A product that’s right for any 4 cycle automotive engine. Contains Cerflon, a ceramic reinforced P.T.F.E. compound. Cerflon is a thermally stable concentrated micronized friction and wear modifier. It reduces wear and prevents metal to metal contact and surface scuffing. Today’s most recent automotive oil certification requirements have lower anti-wear levels that may not be right for an older or higher mileage car. CD-2 Adrenaline Power Restorer with Cerflon contains up to twice the amount of anti-wear, anti-oxidants, anti-corrosion and detergent additives as compared to regular motor oil. These additives provide extra wear protection, especially in critical valve train and bearing components and engine cleanliness in hard working engines subject to extreme operating conditions. Conditions that can promote the formation of harmful acids, oil thickening and engine sludge which can lead to clog.

• Replenishes detergents and dispersant in your motor oil
  • Cleans all internal engine parts
  • Prevents rust and corrosion
  • Restores pep and power
  • Replenishes additives to worn oil

Don't waste your money on such stuff.

Just service your car at stipulated service intervals according to car manual and the car will serve you well for a long time.

Edited by Yuan
  • Praise 2

No need to add anything to your engine oil, I saw the Chevron advert yesterday on the Techron concentrate. Can give it a try and at least it from petrochem Co, just add a bottle to a full tank just before you go for servicing so the sludge etc can be drain off during your oil change.

Hypersonic

No need to add anything to your engine oil, I saw the Chevron advert yesterday on the Techron concentrate. Can give it a try and at least it from petrochem Co, just add a bottle to a full tank just before you go for servicing so the sludge etc can be drain off during your oil change.

Techron concentrate is added to the petrol, more as a fuel injector cleaner.

Have nothing to do with oil change [grin][grin]

Techron concentrate is added to the petrol, more as a fuel injector cleaner.

Have nothing to do with oil change [grin][grin]

oh, so no need to change EO fast after pouring in??

Supersonic

Btw, I came across a product at a station called CD2. Its an add on additive to eo and not a flushing product.

Many claims..etc.

If you want to try something, locally look for Marvel Mystery Oil at Esso station.

Those who have ticking sound when the engine is cold, it seemed to fix it.

It's probably some dirt, contaminant, stuck near the valves making the noise.

PTFE in engine oil has a bad reputation. One company was sued in USA.

Sonax “Formula 1 Performance” Easy Off Engine Cleaner (Flush)

Sonax Easy Off Engine Cleaner Flush removes all soot and sludge residues from the engine quickly and safely in an easy-to-use way during the oil change. Heavily oxidised and lumpy oil residues are completely dissolved too. The new oil remains free from “residues”.

During the cleaning process, the product simultaneously coats all surfaces susceptible to abrasion with a durable protective film. The “engine rinse” improves the compression of the machine, treats the wearing parts gently and preserves the properties and protective benefits of the newly inserted engine oil

How to Use:

1- Use before each oil change to improve engine performance.

2- Add complete contents of 500 ml bottle to the used engine oil, with engine turned off. One bottle treats 5 liters of engine oil.

3- Do not exceed 10% treatment level. Run the engine on idle for 5-10 minutes.

4- With the engine off, drain the oil while still hot. Replace the sump plug, install a new oil filter and re-fill the new oil.

post-143060-0-41241100-1403061758.jpg

All engine oil except racing oil already contains detergents to clean your engine

so no need to waste money on additional detergents.

If got money to burn spend it on new tyres and brake pads.

So many cars I see with extra body kits but botak tyres.

Looking good until they have to jam brake and then

they cannot stop.

:D

• Praise 3

All engine oil except racing oil already contains detergents to clean your engine

they cannot stop.

It is quite an irony to still see such cars almost or most of the time on the roads today.

they cannot stop.

It's true, sooooo true.

Too bad i got no praise point liao. Paiseh.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Anyone tried both pennzoil full syn 5, 40 and 10, 30 ? What is the feedback? If my engine tend to be rougher n less refined which is better for me? Though w40 would be thicker when fully heated, i heard that 10, 30 has a thicker base oil. I keep my rpm within 3.5k most of the time. Tia.

they cannot stop.

Totally with u on this Mate 👍👍👍

It's true, sooooo true.

Too bad i got no praise point liao. Paiseh.

I praise on behalf for u Liao. Hahaha 😄👍

I have been hearing good reviews on Liqui Moly Ceratec, anyone here tried?

So far no one hv problem after using this I think. It's suppose to help old engine or relatively old engine do a coating in it kind. It's worth having it.

Don't need to do too often, every 20K or 30K can Liao but must be after u do a engine oil change n must not change engine oil within 5K or else waste money.

Cheers 👍😃

• Praise 1

Supersonic

As oppose to doing top overhaul every 120 to 140 mileage as recommended, would using heavier eo be a viable alternative. Eg initially w30, after 100k w40, after 200k use w50 or continue using w40 but substitute 0.5 litre with those vis improver like stop oil n the likes. Comparing this w forking out 1k plus for top over haul?

My E60 consume 1L EO every 5k mileage on my motul 300v 5w40, swap to 15w50 engine feel slightly heavier but it give me so smooth on high rev. Maybe my car getting old since it was 130k mileage. Wear and tear can't be avoid but we can slow down it's progress.

Flushing and not flushing is depends on car owner. Somebody said after clear carbon car must mod brake since it feel like flying. Some said after flush engine feel smoother.

I tried all kind of those funky just for fun. And i found best way was change engine oil regularlly, no matter it was 29 dollar oil from giant or 300 dollar oil for big brand.

If you wanna clear and clean all dirty thing from engine, change cheap oil go full speed in ns highway, drain and replace after a trip.

If you still alive, yes, your car will be silky smooth and more powerful as before.

My E60 consume 1L EO every 5k mileage on my motul 300v 5w40, swap to 15w50 engine feel slightly heavier but it give me so smooth on high rev. Maybe my car getting old since it was 130k mileage. Wear and tear can't be avoid but we can slow down it's progress.

Flushing and not flushing is depends on car owner. Somebody said after clear carbon car must mod brake since it feel like flying. Some said after flush engine feel smoother.

I tried all kind of those funky just for fun. And i found best way was change engine oil regularlly, no matter it was 29 dollar oil from giant or 300 dollar oil for big brand.

If you wanna clear and clean all dirty thing from engine, change cheap oil go full speed in ns highway, drain and replace after a trip.

If you still alive, yes, your car will be silky smooth and more powerful as before.

130k is nothing for a german car. So 1l for every 5k is a lot of oil for the car to be drinking.

What mileage did the car start drinking so much oil?

130k is nothing for a german car. So 1l for every 5k is a lot of oil for the car to be drinking.

What mileage did the car start drinking so much oil?

Right after use 300v 5w40 @ 120k mileage, drain and swap to 15w50 @128k, previously pennzoil ultra 5w40 and elf excillium 5w40 boh tai ji.

Maybe the oil property cause this.

Valve gasket replace before i bought also proven no leak on engine seals and gaskets.

↡ Advertisement