Roof Terrace

Chowyunfatt

I'm not asking for Opinions, I'm asking for experience or people who know the rules & regulations to this subject.

Condo Mgt will always say NO to everything, this is to ease their problems & work load.

It is always good to know your rights, so you don't do what you shouldn't & not just listen to Mgt alone.

A second opinion is always helpful.

agree!!!

maybe you consider those devices which minimise smoke and sound lor......like carbon chimmy filter (i actually dont know got such thing or not [grin] )

i think: want to do, dont do until too big for people to notice [sly]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

do first den ppl complain point at neighbour

What happen if like HK Chief Exc, reporters hire cranes to go over fencing to take photos of illegal structures (outdoor kitchen) .... [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Picnic06

Another elite MCF spotted.

Watches photos with twin sinks and merenti wood sculpture....

Roof terrace kitchen.....

Replacing aircons and tubings inside wardrobe false partition, etc.

All points to very elite residences.

look for tua peh kong also must drive porche and maserati [laugh]:D[laugh]

Not so nice lar, I don't like to create bad blood among neighbors.

What happen if like HK Chief Exc, reporters hire cranes to go over fencing to take photos of illegal structures (outdoor kitchen) .... [laugh][laugh]

if they so hiong then LL let them catch lor...

had a conversation like this wif my gf before... just saying if your condo unit is a grd flr and land space comes with a carpark lot, can i put a car-lift on the carpark lot? without permanent drill into ground. Just plonk on top of the space

but i figured condo mgt sure KPKB big big

actually an example is the shaughnessy. they have 2 pte lots per unit. good idea to buy sports cars and put car lift [sly]

Not so nice lar, I don't like to create bad blood among neighbors.

Brother, after renovating, invite all your neighbours over for a good dinner and also introduce your new kitchen to them... [sly]

Then your are safe... [:p]

and don't forget, invite us (mcf) also ... [smash]

Supersonic

I'm not asking for Opinions, I'm asking for experience or people who know the rules & regulations to this subject.

Condo Mgt will always say NO to everything, this is to ease their problems & work load.

It is always good to know your rights, so you don't do what you shouldn't & not just listen to Mgt alone.

A second opinion is always helpful.

A kitchen is counted as part of the allowable gross floor area. An open air roof terrace may not. Hence, it's not a simple case of condo mgt wanna "ease their problems & workload" but it's their duty under the MCST to ensure that there are no violation to the approved building plans.

Brother, after renovating, invite all your neighbours over for a good dinner and also introduce your new kitchen to them... [sly]

Then your are safe... [:p]

and don't forget, invite us (mcf) also ... [smash]

You know me lar bro, I'm just a simple & quiet man who keeps to himself... [;)]

A kitchen is counted as part of the allowable gross floor area. An open air roof terrace may not. Hence, it's not a simple case of condo mgt wanna "ease their problems & workload" but it's their duty under the MCST to ensure that there are no violation to the approved building plans.

Maybe buy one this will not invite any complaint...

post-21853-1343099718_thumb.jpg

can also cook food .... [sly]

You know me lar bro, I'm just a simple & quiet man who keeps to himself... [;)]

smoke also smoke alone.......damm melancholic [laugh]:D[laugh]

gc_1_e_better_tomorrow.jpg

Pardon me, but I don't quiet understand. The area belongs to me, as long as I don't have any fixed shelter,

I shouldn't be breaking any laws right?

Turbocharged

technically, roof terrace is not designed for heavy cooking usage. they will cite plumbing issues (grease trap etc) and I would assume no hob, so leads to pollution etc.

basically - if you want this to go through ... get govt body approvals before the mcst. once you have govt approval, *most* mcsts will allow you to do the reno. (and i can say this, because im currently chairman of 3 different building mcsts as part of my job)

however, based on my past experiences, im not optimistic about your chances bro. but no harm trying i suppose.

(edited)

technically, roof terrace is not designed for heavy cooking usage. they will cite plumbing issues (grease trap etc) and I would assume no hob, so leads to pollution etc.

basically - if you want this to go through ... get govt body approvals before the mcst. once you have govt approval, *most* mcsts will allow you to do the reno. (and i can say this, because im currently chairman of 3 different building mcsts as part of my job)

however, based on my past experiences, im not optimistic about your chances bro. but no harm trying i suppose.

Thats what I'm afraid of, what happens if the chairman of my mcst is my neighbor, then I'm doomed...

What if I've got PE's approval, will that work?

Edited by Chowyunfatt

Turbocharged

Thats what I'm afraid of, what happens if the chairman of my mcst is my neighbor, then I'm doomed...

What if I've got PE's approval, will that work?

not enough. even when PE submits, govt bodies like SCDF can come in and say fire hazard. you will *also* need SCDF approval for this, and from my experience with them, they have no qualm asking a business to shut down if it doesnt conform to rules. scdf approvals range from a few hundred $ to thousands, depending on scope. yours should be maybe few hundred i assume.

it really depends on what you wanna do. you see, the problem with SG is the "if he can, why i cannot" mentality. you are *improving* the value of your property by doing a minor alteration. therefore, your property price (in theory) should increase. you now have an extra selling point also, down the road. your neighbors may feel unhappy you have one leg up, and try to copy the same, or do something better .. (or worst, depending on your taste). this will lead to the facade of the building changing from what was submitted, if everyone wants to follow your footsteps ...

not enough. even when PE submits, govt bodies like SCDF can come in and say fire hazard. you will *also* need SCDF approval for this, and from my experience with them, they have no qualm asking a business to shut down if it doesnt conform to rules. scdf approvals range from a few hundred $ to thousands, depending on scope. yours should be maybe few hundred i assume.

it really depends on what you wanna do. you see, the problem with SG is the "if he can, why i cannot" mentality. you are *improving* the value of your property by doing a minor alteration. therefore, your property price (in theory) should increase. you now have an extra selling point also, down the road. your neighbors may feel unhappy you have one leg up, and try to copy the same, or do something better .. (or worst, depending on your taste). this will lead to the facade of the building changing from what was submitted, if everyone wants to follow your footsteps ...

Ok, I understand better now...So, you are saying that if I get the papers, MCST has no say?

Or they will still have the final say?

Turbocharged

actually if one has a roof terrrace, why not just let it be that way and use it to look at the sky and enjoy the stars?

↡ Advertisement