Roof Terrace

Chowyunfatt

Turbocharged

so is a car lift possible if its not permanently drilled into the ground?

it will topple la bro. that kinda weight ... you need some serious loading le ... 5-10kn/m2 (i assume, im not a PE) cannot la bro. need to drill deep deep, unless like those in HK (the double car lift) but even then, im not sure those arent mounted (they could be). this question im only assuming, i really dont know. never heard of such a request before!

as for the zinc roof, ya ... other people made noise lo .. thats how i came to find out ... and the guy who had it was actually a really nice guy ... wish i could have closed 1 eye ...

↡ Advertisement

it will topple la bro. that kinda weight ... you need some serious loading le ... 5-10kn/m2 (i assume, im not a PE) cannot la bro. need to drill deep deep, unless like those in HK (the double car lift) but even then, im not sure those arent mounted (they could be). this question im only assuming, i really dont know. never heard of such a request before!

as for the zinc roof, ya ... other people made noise lo .. thats how i came to find out ... and the guy who had it was actually a really nice guy ... wish i could have closed 1 eye ...

i think if his structure dont stand out like a sore thumb, neighbours would not have complained, but if your got a low floor penthouse, pretty hard to avoid kena seen by neighbiurs

so wanna buy penthouse, buy those taller than neighbour one or face forest, sea, lake one

Turbocharged

i think if his structure dont stand out like a sore thumb, neighbours would not have complained, but if your got a low floor penthouse, pretty hard to avoid kena seen by neighbiurs

so wanna buy penthouse, buy those taller than neighbour one or face forest, sea, lake one

i know someone staying 2X floor penthouse ... still neighbor KPKB!! they install rack to hang laundry ...and literally, the only people who can see, is the direct neighbor .. thats it. and that 1 fella still go complain ... (lower floors cant see it due to angle) .. mcst sent him a warning letter some more ...

some times ah .. need to check if ur neighbors sua koo or not before moving in sia ...

i know someone staying 2X floor penthouse ... still neighbor KPKB!! they install rack to hang laundry ...and literally, the only people who can see, is the direct neighbor .. thats it. and that 1 fella still go complain ... (lower floors cant see it due to angle) .. mcst sent him a warning letter some more ...

some times ah .. need to check if ur neighbors sua koo or not before moving in sia ...

that one differrent lah....one guy hang teh kor, the other guy early in the morning open the window see ah mah teh kor, of course not happy [laugh]:D everyday see teh kor, how to tio beh pio :D[laugh] this laundry thing can be a real thorny issue.....of course if everyday sexy maid hang up sexy lingere, i am sure no complaints! [laugh]

thats why die die cannot buy those pool facing one, or face other unit one...... evev good neighbour, one day shift out, or one day kee tao hong, also :wacko:

The baseplate for the 4 posts is supposed for bolting down onto the floor.

Without bolting down, I think the 4 posts would be unstable.

Of course, an alternative is to use a metal floorplate for the parking lot, and bolt down the 4 posts.

Turbocharged

The baseplate for the 4 posts is supposed for bolting down onto the floor.

Without bolting down, I think the 4 posts would be unstable.

Of course, an alternative is to use a metal floorplate for the parking lot, and bolt down the 4 posts.

i found the instruction manual .. mockngbrd is right ...

http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-products/fo...%2012-30-08.pdf

dont need to bolt down. just requires a level concrete floor and balls of steel

Like dat oso kena comprain? If its not hanging out of the terrace... dun see why they cant :angry: Own PES oso cannot do what they want meh?

This thread is very informative for potential roof terrace owners!

Agreed! I saw a few places with roof terraces, but when I asked the agent whether I can install a roof or trellis to provide a bit of cover - the answer was always "no"!

So in the end, the terrace becomes wasted space.

Really hope TS can get his wish - cos there's lots you can do with that!

Turbocharged
(edited)

Like dat oso kena comprain? If its not hanging out of the terrace... dun see why they cant :angry: Own PES oso cannot do what they want meh?

Because when you change the facade, it may block other people's view.

I remember there was one time I was considering this new PH. It was suppose to have an unblock view towards Singapore Flyer.

But when I look directly from the roof terrace, coincidentally the view of the flyer and only the flyer was block by another PH across the street simply because that chap erected a roof for his plants. So he has all these tall plants on his roof terrace blocking the flyer.

So in the end, I didn't purchase that PH. You can imagine how mad the agent was over the other guy across the street.

Edited by Icedbs

i've seen a lot of strange things managing buildings bro. i have seen a small zinc style hut built on a building before (torn down already due to it being an illegal structure) ... people *will* try anything as long as they can get away with it (in this case, the guy was using to store dry goods)

http://smartwindows.sg/products-2

is this considered a permanent fixture and hence not allowed by MCST?

I remember there was one time I was considering this new PH. It was suppose to have an unblock view towards Singapore Flyer.

But when I look directly from the roof terrace, coincidentally the view of the flyer and only the flyer was block by another PH across the street simply because that chap erected a roof for his plants. So he has all these tall plants on his roof terrace blocking the flyer.

So in the end, I didn't purchase that PH. You can imagine how mad the agent was over the other guy across the street.

The agent should hv offered the other owner half his commisision for taking the roof down [laugh][:p]

owner lagi mad

Neutral Newbie

mcst will claim need to put it to a vote, blah blah blah.

if you go to them now and ask - they will say check with govt bodies. thats why i say ask them last. if you let them know too early, they will be on alert. sometimes its better to catch people off guard :D

the submission etc, paperwork will cost you between 5-10k, so you have to decide whether or not you want it done.

also, make sure you dont mess with the GFA if you want the plan to go through (and no, i dont think theres a way for you to "buy" more).

your PE may suggest retractable awning but *if* im not mistaken, those motorized ones are considered permanent structure (you have to check on this yourself though). most PE always tell me that the easiest way to get approval is to make sure *everything* is non-perm.

hope that helps bro! good luck :D

(fyi, my best suggestion to you is this ... join the council to understand the inner workings and get to know everyone. then there shouldnt be so much resistance. )

One of the considerations is whether the kitchen appliances / furniture are permanently fixed to the roof terrace ie movable (not bolted down) or non-movable. Movable items are usually ok.

As for the shelter for the person doing the cooking:- good size, non-permanent outdoor retractable umbrellas etc can be used as shelters for domestic type of cooking.

There is no rule against BBQ, in fact some developers even provide BBQ pit on roof terrace. Bbq produces more smoke than simple domestic cookings generally. Most likely there is also no rules against the use of BBQ facilities on a daily basis as long as the users don't create nuisance one way or another when they BBQ or cook. So normal cooking activities should be ok if you don't cook like zi char style which is very smokey.

Roof terrace is designed to take a certain maximum live load eg outdoor furniture, aircon condensers, potted plants, water features, portable spas, etc. Whatever equipment/furniture you put there for cooking have to stay within the max allowable design loads.