Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
687 replies to this topic | 745 praises

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Pelican
  • Pelican
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dunno why my earlier thread kena removed. Havent even got chance to read the replies.

I am interested to install a car camera.
Anyone can advise which of the following

Blackvue
DR380G-HD - $350
DR400G-HD - $450

Itronics
ITB-100-HD - $398

After some enquiry, realize the dealers charge for installation. I thought installation usually included in the price.

Edited by Lightsabre, 03 April 2016 - 11:34 PM.

Raymondism, Pinobii and 4 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i always see those cheap ones at petrol kiosks, like Hoseki or Hyundai brand.. are they any good? HD also leh
Pinobii and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

395 no installation ar....?
Pinobii and 3 Anonymous members praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Gingercoffee
  • Gingercoffee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Don't use hoseki. I brought model: H3004 = $85, And model:H3005=$129.
Both suck.
3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ungtiong
  • Ungtiong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

just a curious question....if a camera sucks is it the quality or durability or software issues?

I play play use my SII as a DVR (no wide angle can only see 1/2), the quality is damn good (only use 720p setting) so are the ones on the market similar quality as my SII. IMO 720p is good enough if quality is like my SII.

saw a few DVR at Qoo10...very cheap, tempted to try.

If its a HD quality issue, i dont mind the lower specs.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i always see those cheap ones at petrol kiosks, like Hoseki or Hyundai brand.. are they any good? HD also leh

The few pictures I posted today are taken from Hoseki.
QUality OK lah...
16GB card can last about 4 days. Have to do delete all every 3-4 days or else no recording.
The mic is bad. If view video using hdmi on tv, will hear the pik pik piak piak sound.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Don't use hoseki. I brought model: H3004 = $85, And model:H3005=$129.
Both suck.

why suck?
I am using the $129 one.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Zhutou
  • Premium member
    Zhutou
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

just a curious question....if a camera sucks is it the quality or durability or software issues?

I play play use my SII as a DVR (no wide angle can only see 1/2), the quality is damn good (only use 720p setting) so are the ones on the market similar quality as my SII. IMO 720p is good enough if quality is like my SII.

saw a few DVR at Qoo10...very cheap, tempted to try.

If its a HD quality issue, i dont mind the lower specs.

dvr is like camera
the most important is the lens, not about full hd or hd
give u a low end lens with 720p, the quality also not good

the worst thing is night recording
cheap dvr will equip with low end lens which gives u very bad night recording
when car move, u cant even see the number plate
video quality will be blurry also

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Mach7
  • Mach7
    Clutched
    Author Image

BlackVue is good. Great unit with multiple features like parking mode with trigger feature, etc. But the HD version has overheating issue where the unit in operation generates a lot of heat. Price is in $3x0-$40x range.

I have seen BlackVIEW with display integrated on the unit. So far feedback from others gave reliable and quality output. Price is in $1x0 range.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

QUality OK lah...
16GB card can last about 4 days. Have to do delete all every 3-4 days or else no recording.
The mic is bad. If view video using hdmi on tv, will hear the pik pik piak piak sound.

piak piak sound? sly.gif sly.gif rolleyes.gif
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Orange999
  • Orange999
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone using the korean inavi black clair? Feedback appreciated.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

QUality OK lah...

U film conquest also? biggrin.gif

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

lobang !! but DIY install ...

http://list.qoo10.sg...anner_no=183899

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Pss2
  • Pss2
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, I know nuts about dash cam. Might be a dumb question to people who have been using. Can anyone tell me if all dash cam does 24 hours monitoring even when you are not on the road? Using battery to power it? I wanted to buy one online but I don't know if it is too difficult to install myself.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Leggt
  • Leggt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Another dumb question from me, is there a car cam that is wireless running on self-sufficient batteries?

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Winhelm
  • Winhelm
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Another dumb question from me, is there a car cam that is wireless running on self-sufficient batteries?

I was told made in china ones can only last 3 hours using in-built battery. Not sure which brand.
I am looking for one too...no wiring or connection to car battery. Warranty issue...anyone?

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ah_Zai
  • Ah_Zai
    4th Gear
    Author Image

how's the quality of the videos of such cams in low light conditions?

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Picanto

no such thing yet. in the future, maybe YES

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Bird5011
  • Premium member
    Bird5011
    4th Gear
    Author Image

BlackVue is good. Great unit with multiple features like parking mode with trigger feature, etc. But the HD version has overheating issue where the unit in operation generates a lot of heat. Price is in $3x0-$40x range.

I have seen BlackVIEW with display integrated on the unit. So far feedback from others gave reliable and quality output. Price is in $1x0 range.

Honestly...forget about BlackVue..I'm using 400HDII...still having overheat problems!!!
Adapt..Engage..Dominate

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Leggt
  • Leggt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro, cleared my doubts once and for all

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Marbella LX3 Full HD Recorder

Marbella LX3 Full HD Recorder  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by llch  |  Neutral Newbie

Fashionable design with wide angle lens

I bought this is simply of the 170 degree wide angle lens, I also liked the video quality and this saved me from an false claim during my accident last week.

Lukas LK-7950 WD

Lukas LK-7950 WD  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by soonsoonsoon  |  Clutched

So Far So Good

Had the Lukas LK 7950 Wifi for 3 months now. Bought it after extensive research on all the car cams. So far so good - video quality for both back and front cam is good. I got mine connected to the car battery direct for parking mode recording... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Camera

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: car camera , in-car camera ...

Tags: car camera, in-car camera and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)