Car camera recommendation

Pelican

anyone moved on from the Yi (Xiaoyi??) dashcam?

I'm looking for 2 ch cam to replace the Yi but cannot find anything in the market that can match or even come close to the 170 degrees recording angle of the xiaoyi.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

any recommendations?

What is ur budget?

If no budget, just get Blackvue DR650s. So far so good for me. Coming to one year already and no problem at all.

• Praise 1

Due to frequent connection/disconnection of my dc plug from my itronics ITB100, the centre cylinder of the DC male plug is coming loose.

Trying to get one DC male plug from Tao Bao now.  Can anyone confirm that Itronics DC male plug (which are exactly the same as Blackvue DC male plug) measures 5.1mm (outer) and 2.1mm (inner)?

• Praise 2

Hi all, can ask for advise, with budget $350, can get which Good car camera with parking mode after engine stop? Which shop with installation. Thanks

U drive everyday for at least 20mins?

U drive everyday for at least 20mins?

Hi adrain, don't have, not daily driven. But at times I don't drive for maybe 2days, I will still go and start to warmup car.

Hi adrain, don't have, not daily driven. But at times I don't drive for maybe 2days, I will still go and start to warmup car.

Then u will have to consider battery into your setup.

Go with the korean brands of car camera.

Then u will have to consider battery into your setup.

Go with the korean brands of car camera.

Just fix a fuse will do right? I read somwehere, battery volt fall below a PRE-SET figure, car camera will deactivate itself.

Just fix a fuse will do right? I read somwehere, battery volt fall below a PRE-SET figure, car camera will deactivate itself.

Not so simple.

Even if you have a device to have a pre-set value to prevent draining the car battery, you must then drive sufficient time to recharge the car battery. To depend on the car battery, one day you will not able to start ur car if you do not drive everyday.

So for parking mode to work properly, you will need a big capacity battery and a second one to be charged at home so that you can swap batteries when the other is low.

• Praise 1

Not so simple.

Even if you have a device to have a pre-set value to prevent draining the car battery, you must then drive sufficient time to recharge the car battery. To depend on the car battery, one day you will not able to start ur car if you do not drive everyday.

So for parking mode to work properly, you will need a big capacity battery and a second one to be charged at home so that you can swap batteries when the other is low.

Oh, ok noted, thanks alot.

Than I think I just stick to current pluck in to the cigarette port. No need to worry abt draining the battery's.

↡ Advertisement