Car camera recommendation

Pelican

Huh? This is only the camera right? No interface?

Have interface. Plug the usb to your mobile and install its app. You can do your settings in the app, view the recorded video or leave it connected while recording. It will then able to display gps speed in the video.

Cheap and good.

↡ Advertisement

Nice! Looks like Blackvue can stand the tropical heat here...

Oh... will search that for that... thanks!

Yes, you expressing my sentiments... my concern is whether or not the video feed from the cheap dash cams will be sufficiently clear for use when an accident occurs... I find the latest Thinkware, Blackvue and iRoad models really expensive... if a cheaper model can do the same without all the fancy features, I'll readily take that... I just need it to be able to last a few years under the heat... 

Basically just clarity to be able to read number plates and only for driving, I don't need parking mode; and wifi capability to view and transfer video files to the phone for convenience.

While we all want this I'm not sure it's a really important feature although most of the latest models achieve it.

Unless involved in hit and run then if in accident surley cars involved will stop.

I have the Thinkware 750 dual channel.

I think it is good but it does not allow viewing of output on mobile phone and recording simultaneously.

Have interface. Plug the usb to your mobile and install its app. You can do your settings in the app, view the recorded video or leave it connected while recording. It will then able to display gps speed in the video.

Cheap and good.

How do you manage all the dangling wires? Cannot hide right?

While we all want this I'm not sure it's a really important feature although most of the latest models achieve it.

Unless involved in hit and run then if in accident surley cars involved will stop.

I have the Thinkware 750 dual channel.

I think it is good but it does not allow viewing of output on mobile phone and recording simultaneously.

Thanks bro... not sure I need simultaneous recording and video output on my phone...

How do you manage all the dangling wires? Cannot hide right?

Thanks bro... not sure I need simultaneous recording and video output on my phone...

Yup, not essential but sometime just want to check that cam is working/recording.

Quick check, we are getting a new ride from mazda and wish to install an additional battery for car camera so it can record 24hrs. However the sales person keep telling us there is a risk that warranty may be void and i dont want them to use that as an excuse to void warranty. However not having a camera that records 24hrs is also a risk cos if someone hits your car in the carpark its really no proof.

Anyone managed to have a camera that records 24hrs without voiding the warranty?

• Praise 1

Quick check, we are getting a new ride from mazda and wish to install an additional battery for car camera so it can record 24hrs. However the sales person keep telling us there is a risk that warranty may be void and i dont want them to use that as an excuse to void warranty. However not having a camera that records 24hrs is also a risk cos if someone hits your car in the carpark its really no proof.

Anyone managed to have a camera that records 24hrs without voiding the warranty?

If AD install, no warranty void. Check if your AD installs additional battery for their other cars.

Otherwise, just ownself get battery or powerbank and swap out everyday and charge it at home. Thatz what I did when car was under warranty. Like that you wont be touching any of the car electrical or electronics.

If AD install, no warranty void. Check if your AD installs additional battery for their other cars.

Otherwise, just ownself get battery or powerbank and swap out everyday and charge it at home. Thatz what I did when car was under warranty. Like that you wont be touching any of the car electrical or electronics.

AD dont install =/ tried asking. But if leave the battery or powerbank hanging seems very ugly and clumbersome. I dont have much choice it seems :(

Another noob question. I see most recommending iroad or blackvue. I am given Blaupunkt v9 dashcam. Is that good enough? Whats the main difference with all these camera? For me i need something that will start recording when motion is detected even when engine is off. I was told this can be done by getting an additional battery pack.

Supercharged

good enough depends on what u want, eg. i want wide angle view, clear video in low-light, 60fps.

for 24hrs continuous recording, will need additional power source, else if tapping on car's battery, will drain it.

for recording on shock-sensed, can just tap car's battery and install power-cut device that cuts power to cam when car's battery level too low.

Battery pack for car camera gave up after 4 years of usage.

Replaced it with Cellink Neo

For those naysayer, my car is parked in open car park during working hours.

Battery pack for car camera gave up after 4 years of usage.

Replaced it with Cellink Neo

For those naysayer, my car is parked in open car park during working hours.

Good choice. Can install the app and use BT to connect to the battery.

post-2654-0-05442300-1526284118_thumb.png

I think the workshop also quoted me cellink battery. Seems like its decent i suppose.

How do i know if the can record base on shock & clear vision in dim settings?

Another noob question. I see most recommending iroad or blackvue. I am given Blaupunkt v9 dashcam. Is that good enough?

The Blaupunkt V9 bit rate is low, so file size is only 128Mb. So the level of details in the video is low, and is blocky.

The better car cams (Blackvue or Think ware etc) have higher bit rates so the video is much clearer and more details.

Then just get this. S$20 only. I am using 3 of these for both sides and front. Good enough to meet your needs. Plug and play.

https://m.banggood.com/1080P-Car-DVR-Recorder-Camera-USB-Interface-for-Andriod-DVDMP5-3Meter-Cable-p-1263406.html?rmmds=myorders

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180426-151359_Chrome.jpg

Bro, How does this cam work?

The power source? where to insert the micro SD card, & setup via the android app? Any car startup auto power on and record, and is there loop recording?

Sorry I'm asking these questions, bec the Banggood website dun have much useful details...

Thanks for your advice! :)

The Blaupunkt V9 bit rate is low, so file size is only 128Mb. So the level of details in the video is low, and is blocky.

The better car cams (Blackvue or Think ware etc) have higher bit rates so the video is much clearer and more details.

Bro, How does this cam work?

The power source? where to insert the micro SD card, & setup via the android app? Any car startup auto power on and record, and is there loop recording?

Sorry I'm asking these questions, bec the Banggood website dun have much useful details...

Thanks for your advice! :)

Any usb power source.

There is a slot on the top of the camera.

Yes, setup through andriod app. You need a OTG device to plug the usb to your phone.

With any usb power source, it will start up and record and loop according to your setting.

• Praise 1

Any usb power source.

There is a slot on the top of the camera.

Yes, setup through andriod app. You need a OTG device to plug the usb to your phone.

With any usb power source, it will start up and record and loop according to your setting.

Thanks bro.. any video (day n night) to share for this small cam? Useful as side cam..