CHC Trial Matters Part 2

RadX

best part is kongheefattchoy is represented by non other than our very own p8p MP Edwin Tong! [dizzy]

conflict of interest or something? [shocked] :angry:

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If you, yes, but for them, this is professionalism...

Turbocharged

Why will there be conflict of interest when he is not in the ministry that use him. If like that he cannot become defense lawyer for other ppl police charge Liao??

Hypersonic

I observed during news at Channel 8 last night that there were few (if any) footages of Serina Wee. Think back view only.

She has a very nice back side, I always like to see the back of her.

:D

Hypersonic
(edited)

Why will there be conflict of interest when he is not in the ministry that use him. If like that he cannot become defense lawyer for other ppl police charge Liao??

Always in the movie when a charge is read out in court for a felony, it's always the "People vs the "Mr So and So"... As a MP, he serve the people, but as defence laywer he serve the defendant, one cannot serve two master. :D

Edited by Ender

Hypersonic

Like to look or like to poke? [sly]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Like to look or like to poke? [sly]

i think either option also most will take.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

arh, u mean back view?

some can carry it off well.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Always in the movie when a charge is read out in court for a felony, it's always the "People vs the "Mr So and So"... As a MP, he serve the people, but as defence laywer he serve the defendant, one cannot serve two master. :D

Err.... This is Singapore.

Hypersonic

i think either option also most will take.

If can choose, I will take the latter. Can poke means can look. Can look doesn't mean can poke [:p]

Supersonic

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/06/04/agc-chc-pastors-tweets-scandalise-the-judiciary/

AGC: CHC Pastor’s tweets scandalise the judiciary
dmca_protected_sml_120n.pngPostDateIcon.png June 4th, 2014 | PostAuthorIcon.png Author: Editorial

img4193-300x188.jpg

City Harvest Community Services Association Board and guests - Pastor Tan Kim Hock is 3rd from left (Photo: citynews.sg)

TRE reported on 8 May that a reader had informed TRE (‘CHC pastor unhappy with court judgment‘) about 2 controversial tweets from Pastor Tan Kim Hock of City Harvest Church (CHC).

Pastor Tan tweeted on May 5 that he was “amazed at the efficiency of ST. They knew it while the court is still going on or do they know earlier”. He then added a link to an ST article on the ongoing trial against CHC founder Pastor Kong Hee and five other church leaders.

The ST article was an online news report about Presiding Judge See Kee Oon throwing out a court application to acquit CHC leaders. Judge See said there is enough evidence for the trial to continue with all of the charges intact.

The next day (6 May), he twitted again. This time, he quoted a verse from the New Living Translation version of the Bible and broadcast it through Twitter:

Ecclesiastes 3:16
– “I also noticed that under the sun there is evil in the courtroom. Yes, even the courts of law are corrupt!”

Taking the 2 tweets on 5 and 6 May together, it shows that Pastor Tan is not too happy with the judgment of the court. It is not known what he is trying to imply by quoting the bible verse.

It is interesting to note that Pastor Tan quoted the bible verse from the New Living Translation Bible. In the more popular modern translations of the bible e.g. the New International Version (NIV) Bible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_International_Version), the verse is translated as:

– “And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment — wickedness was there, in the place of justice — wickedness was there.”

Yesterday (3 Jun), the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) issued a warning to Pastor Tan for posting the two messages on his Twitter account, that are deemed to have scandalised Singapore’s judiciary system.

AGC said one of the tweets had insinuated that the State Courts gave ST ‘preferential and privileged access’ to information on whether CHC leaders involved in an ongoing trial, had a case to answer even before the decision was delivered by Judge See Kee Oon.

AGC added that the second tweet which cited the bible verse, insinuated that Singapore’s courts are corrupt, including the court hearing of the CHC leaders.

“AGC takes the view that the insinuations set out in the two tweets are insinuations which scandalise the Judiciary of the Republic of Singapore. These insinuations are scurrilous, false, and made without any objective basis,” it said.

The AGC has asked the pastor to publish an apology for the publication of the two tweets on his Twitter account within seven days. Pastor Tan has also been warned that publishing such insinuations can amount to contempt of court, and that action may be taken against him.

A check shows both tweets have since been removed from his Twitter account. He also made reference to one of the tweets deemed objectionable, tweeting:

“On 6 May, I tweeted a bible verse. On hindsight, I realise that the tweet may be possibly misinterpreted and I have since removed it.”

Meanwhile, a CHC spokesman told the media, “The church recognises that staff and congregation can post their personal views and opinions on social media but we do encourage them to post responsibly and within the limits of the laws of the country.”

Pastor Tan is said to be a founding member of CHC, together with Kong Hee and wife Sun Ho.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/06/04/agc-chc-pastors-tweets-scandalise-the-judiciary/

• Praise 1

(edited)

Err.... This is Singapore.

Singapore movie... :D

Edited by Janling3

Turbocharged

AGC: CHC Pastor’s tweets scandalise the judiciary
dmca_protected_sml_120n.pngPostDateIcon.png June 4th, 2014 | PostAuthorIcon.png Author: Editorial

img4193-300x188.jpg

City Harvest Community Services Association Board and guests - Pastor Tan Kim Hock is 3rd from left (Photo: citynews.sg)

TRE reported on 8 May that a reader had informed TRE (‘CHC pastor unhappy with court judgment‘) about 2 controversial tweets from Pastor Tan Kim Hock of City Harvest Church (CHC).

Pastor Tan tweeted on May 5 that he was “amazed at the efficiency of ST. They knew it while the court is still going on or do they know earlier”. He then added a link to an ST article on the ongoing trial against CHC founder Pastor Kong Hee and five other church leaders.

The ST article was an online news report about Presiding Judge See Kee Oon throwing out a court application to acquit CHC leaders. Judge See said there is enough evidence for the trial to continue with all of the charges intact.

The next day (6 May), he twitted again. This time, he quoted a verse from the New Living Translation version of the Bible and broadcast it through Twitter:

– “I also noticed that under the sun there is evil in the courtroom. Yes, even the courts of law are corrupt!”

Taking the 2 tweets on 5 and 6 May together, it shows that Pastor Tan is not too happy with the judgment of the court. It is not known what he is trying to imply by quoting the bible verse.

It is interesting to note that Pastor Tan quoted the bible verse from the New Living Translation Bible. In the more popular modern translations of the bible e.g. the New International Version (NIV) Bible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_International_Version), the verse is translated as:

– “And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment — wickedness was there, in the place of justice — wickedness was there.”

Yesterday (3 Jun), the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) issued a warning to Pastor Tan for posting the two messages on his Twitter account, that are deemed to have scandalised Singapore’s judiciary system.

AGC said one of the tweets had insinuated that the State Courts gave ST ‘preferential and privileged access’ to information on whether CHC leaders involved in an ongoing trial, had a case to answer even before the decision was delivered by Judge See Kee Oon.

AGC added that the second tweet which cited the bible verse, insinuated that Singapore’s courts are corrupt, including the court hearing of the CHC leaders.

“AGC takes the view that the insinuations set out in the two tweets are insinuations which scandalise the Judiciary of the Republic of Singapore. These insinuations are scurrilous, false, and made without any objective basis,” it said.

The AGC has asked the pastor to publish an apology for the publication of the two tweets on his Twitter account within seven days. Pastor Tan has also been warned that publishing such insinuations can amount to contempt of court, and that action may be taken against him.

A check shows both tweets have since been removed from his Twitter account. He also made reference to one of the tweets deemed objectionable, tweeting:

“On 6 May, I tweeted a bible verse. On hindsight, I realise that the tweet may be possibly misinterpreted and I have since removed it.”

Meanwhile, a CHC spokesman told the media, “The church recognises that staff and congregation can post their personal views and opinions on social media but we do encourage them to post responsibly and within the limits of the laws of the country.”

Pastor Tan is said to be a founding member of CHC, together with Kong Hee and wife Sun Ho.

frustration mounting liao... is it coz theyre losing sheeps n having hard time paying debts? :X

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

When can they stop making news, or bad news?

Just confine belief to your own church or religion, and stop mixing religion into garmen policies

Turbocharged

When can they stop making news, or bad news?

Just confine belief to your own church or religion, and stop mixing religion into garmen policies

Actually... They didn't mix religion into gov policy. It's gov policy that get them into court today.

Hypersonic

Actually... They didn't mix religion into gov policy. It's gov policy that get them into court today.

I am referring to this recent article lah :)

Why scandalised Singapore’s judiciary system?

On the past, I cant comment, cos its up to the judge to decide.

• Praise 2

But they mixed money with religion ... the deceitful and gross mis-accounting of money - to fund their own money-making 'aspirations', using donated funds from church tithes collection.

They lost all reasonable credibility in doing so, as a religious organization!

Still want to quote from the holy book, at this stage of the trial?

Tsk tsk ... *shake head*

I am referring to this recent article lah :)

Why scandalised Singapores judiciary system?

On the past, I cant comment, cos its up to the judge to decide.

Many SGeans will agree to this.

• Praise 2

I'm rather surprised the pastor use the bible verse : Ecclesiastes 3:16 to say the Sgp courts are evil.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2