• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
76 replies to this topic | 180 praises

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All

I will be going overseas and the temperature is going to be max 20 and min 10. Anyone went to such countries before can advise if need special thick jacket like those winter wear or can wear those thick wind breaker used in lecture theatres? Thanks!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Estrangable
  • Estrangable
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All

I will be going overseas and the temperature is going to be max 20 and min 10. Anyone went to such countries before can advise if need special thick jacket like those winter wear or can wear those thick wind breaker used in lecture theatres? Thanks!

a jacket will more than suffice...are u gg to oz now cos it's winter now?

really dun see a need to wear those "foamy" thick wind breakers
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hatred isn't something you're born with. It gets taught. At school, they said segregation is what's said in the bible... Genesis 9, Verse 27. At 7 years of age, you get told it enough times, you believe it. You believe the hatred. You live it... you breathe it. You marry it."
Mississippi Burning, 1988

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i used to wear a leather jacket with thermal insulation (which can be unzipped and taken out) - that way, when its too cold .. add it in, otherwise for 10-20degrees celcius, a medium jacket will do (be careful of wind chill and use a scarf if you have to ...)

i lived in boston for 3 years .. one year, it dropped to -27 degrees celcius ... i wore 4 jackets and walk out that day ... still can remember the #$# train froze to the tracks and snow was up to my knees .. so i had to walk back about 5miles to my apartment ><

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Whether in sub zero or 10+ degree... important is to keep your chest warm....a scarf will help alot..

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

a jacket will more than suffice...are u gg to oz now cos it's winter now?

really dun see a need to wear those "foamy" thick wind breakers

Going to gold coast and this is the temperature there now

Scarf is for the neck area?

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i used to wear a leather jacket with thermal insulation (which can be unzipped and taken out) - that way, when its too cold .. add it in, otherwise for 10-20degrees celcius, a medium jacket will do (be careful of wind chill and use a scarf if you have to ...)

i lived in boston for 3 years .. one year, it dropped to -27 degrees celcius ... i wore 4 jackets and walk out that day ... still can remember the #$# train froze to the tracks and snow was up to my knees .. so i had to walk back about 5miles to my apartment ><

Do u mean those thermal packs that can keep warm?
Wah -27 degree celcius is scary..Below freezing point

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Good thermal underwear will do away with the need to wear overly cumbersome jackets in the temperature range you specified.
1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Do u mean those thermal packs that can keep warm?
Wah -27 degree celcius is scary..Below freezing point

no ..thermal lining bro ... so leather + thermal prevents wind from hitting your chest.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Estrangable
  • Estrangable
    5th Gear
    Author Image

went to buffalo new york last year during winter and the temp over there was -10....i was freezing my ass off till the point i cant talk....cant imagine -27!!!
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hatred isn't something you're born with. It gets taught. At school, they said segregation is what's said in the bible... Genesis 9, Verse 27. At 7 years of age, you get told it enough times, you believe it. You believe the hatred. You live it... you breathe it. You marry it."
Mississippi Burning, 1988

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

its tolerable provided the wind doesnt blow ... sometimes you actually have to turn around so it doesnt hurt your eyes. i have 2 pairs of thermal gloves, the foldable ear muffs, thermal long johns etc ... and you sometimes can still feel -27 ... but yes a scary is your best friend. if you have a light jacket, wear a hoodie underneath to cover the back of your neck ... 2 light jackets (make sure your neck is covered if you arent used to it ... normally in 10 i would only wear 1 regular jacket) should be sufficient for 10-20.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

any jedi master looking cloak will do, power +100, thermal retention +100 laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif even the afghan chaps subscribe to this!!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

no ..thermal lining bro ... so leather + thermal prevents wind from hitting your chest.

Thanks bro. I believe it works like thermal flask? =P

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Whether in sub zero or 10+ degree... important is to keep your chest warm....a scarf will help alot..

Above 10 deg, scarf & glove are only for fashion, only women do that. You have to be sub zero before most guys consider wearing a scarf where I live now, unless you work outdoor.

WOrst than the cold is the dryness. My fingers are badly cracked with bleeding, despite applying much handcream, during Winter in Late Feb-March with sub zero temp(all day) for almost a month (what otherwise a very mild winter) due to eruption of a cold snap from heart of Siberia (-60 C at the heart of the storm, when it reached Germany, in the neighborhood of about 3000km, its a more 'mild' -12to -25 deg C).

Only cure when I fly back to Sunny Singapore (for a short while).

Anyway, in most temperate countries, you have to bring at least a jacket if you will be out til the night even in Summer. The temperature difference even within a day can be drastic.

Edited by Kiadaw, 30 July 2012 - 02:50 AM.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi All

no need, 10 to 20 degrees is not that cold. just a nice leather jacket over a normal shirt will do. dont need real winter wear.
at most a t-shirt underneath a sweater and a light jacket in case.

dont be a guniang like half of Singapore.

if you are specifically talking about gold coast, i would basically be wearing t shirts in the day and a track suit jacket at night or just a sweater over t shirt. plse dont go bringing heavy winter stuff and regret.

have fum.

Edited by Throttle2, 30 July 2012 - 03:11 AM.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

normally my rule of thumb,

30degree: one layer
20degree: two layer
10degree: three layer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Skyiet27
  • Skyiet27
    Banned

Ard 20 yrs back when I went GC with my cousins
We brought jacket along
But in the end we walked down the streets only in tee n jeans to njoy the cool
But individual is different to coldness
If u r those type that scare of cold
Better bring a pair of cotton gloves lor
Cold is not scary
It's the wind!
Lol
Njoy ur trip
Aussie is shiok

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Fireball0088
  • Premium member
    Fireball0088
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi All

whatever anyone prescribe might not be true to you. how's your tolerance for cold?

if you are those who are afraid of cold, it's better for you to wear two layers before the jacket. i.e. a t-shirt (no need to be thermal) and shirt over it. then wear a jacket.

not afraid of cold? t-shirt and bermuda/jean with a jacket to carry along just in case.

you might also need to consider what time will you be out and where you will be heading. when it's sunny, you probably will feel warm to you dress too much.

PSN ID = hsb0088

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no need, 10 to 20 degrees is not that cold. just a nice leather jacket over a normal shirt will do. dont need real winter wear.
at most a t-shirt underneath a sweater and a light jacket in case.

dont be a guniang like half of Singapore.

if you are specifically talking about gold coast, i would basically be wearing t shirts in the day and a track suit jacket at night or just a sweater over t shirt. plse dont go bringing heavy winter stuff and regret.

have fum.

Yup... came back from gold coast not long ago... day time only wear only t shirt and nite time light jacket to counter wind.... and Bermuda most of the time...... tongue.gif

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Robo
  • Premium member
    Robo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

when i was in melbourne, 2 deg. no wind 2 layers suffice. very cooling and shoik. when wind came i still had only 2 layers... i fell sick the same night.

once 8 deg. i was in 3layers and my ass frozen same night fell sick again.

in melb the weather was siao... morning cold, afternoon sunny as hell, later afternoon its was raining that hailing. at night cold like siao. well thats melbourne.

other places i follow the rule of thumb shared earlier. 30deg 1 layer, 20 2 layers, 10 deg. 3 layers. 0 deg 4 layers with thermal. most of the time i feel its not only the temp. but its the wind that KILLs.
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

10 degrees C is not considered cold lah!! laugh.gif

It's a nice warm sunny winter's day!

You only need a jacket (not those windbreaker type you wear in air-conditioned rooms, okay?), and add a sweater if you want.

Don't need scarf or gloves even.

I don't quite recommend thermal underwear because it's difficult to remove when temperature climbs to 20?

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: wear, with, temp, degree, minimum and 1 more...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)