What to wear with max temp 20 degree and minimum 10 degree

Anshng

Hi All

I will be going overseas and the temperature is going to be max 20 and min 10. Anyone went to such countries before can advise if need special thick jacket like those winter wear or can wear those thick wind breaker used in lecture theatres? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hi All

I will be going overseas and the temperature is going to be max 20 and min 10. Anyone went to such countries before can advise if need special thick jacket like those winter wear or can wear those thick wind breaker used in lecture theatres? Thanks!

a jacket will more than suffice...are u gg to oz now cos it's winter now?

really dun see a need to wear those "foamy" thick wind breakers

Turbocharged

i used to wear a leather jacket with thermal insulation (which can be unzipped and taken out) - that way, when its too cold .. add it in, otherwise for 10-20degrees celcius, a medium jacket will do (be careful of wind chill and use a scarf if you have to ...)

i lived in boston for 3 years .. one year, it dropped to -27 degrees celcius ... i wore 4 jackets and walk out that day ... still can remember the @#$# train froze to the tracks and snow was up to my knees .. so i had to walk back about 5miles to my apartment ><

a jacket will more than suffice...are u gg to oz now cos it's winter now?

really dun see a need to wear those "foamy" thick wind breakers

Going to gold coast and this is the temperature there now

Scarf is for the neck area?

i used to wear a leather jacket with thermal insulation (which can be unzipped and taken out) - that way, when its too cold .. add it in, otherwise for 10-20degrees celcius, a medium jacket will do (be careful of wind chill and use a scarf if you have to ...)

i lived in boston for 3 years .. one year, it dropped to -27 degrees celcius ... i wore 4 jackets and walk out that day ... still can remember the @#$# train froze to the tracks and snow was up to my knees .. so i had to walk back about 5miles to my apartment ><

Do u mean those thermal packs that can keep warm?

Wah -27 degree celcius is scary..Below freezing point

Turbocharged

Do u mean those thermal packs that can keep warm?

Wah -27 degree celcius is scary..Below freezing point

no ..thermal lining bro ... so leather + thermal prevents wind from hitting your chest.

went to buffalo new york last year during winter and the temp over there was -10....i was freezing my ass off till the point i cant talk....cant imagine -27!!!

Turbocharged

its tolerable provided the wind doesnt blow ... sometimes you actually have to turn around so it doesnt hurt your eyes. i have 2 pairs of thermal gloves, the foldable ear muffs, thermal long johns etc ... and you sometimes can still feel -27 ... but yes a scary is your best friend. if you have a light jacket, wear a hoodie underneath to cover the back of your neck ... 2 light jackets (make sure your neck is covered if you arent used to it ... normally in 10 i would only wear 1 regular jacket) should be sufficient for 10-20.

any jedi master looking cloak will do, power +100, thermal retention +100 [laugh]:D[laugh] even the afghan chaps subscribe to this!!! [laugh]:D[laugh]

220px-Sharbat_Gula_on_National_Geographic_cover.jpg

no ..thermal lining bro ... so leather + thermal prevents wind from hitting your chest.

Thanks bro. I believe it works like thermal flask? =P

(edited)

Whether in sub zero or 10+ degree... important is to keep your chest warm....a scarf will help alot..

Above 10 deg, scarf & glove are only for fashion, only women do that. You have to be sub zero before most guys consider wearing a scarf where I live now, unless you work outdoor.

WOrst than the cold is the dryness. My fingers are badly cracked with bleeding, despite applying much handcream, during Winter in Late Feb-March with sub zero temp(all day) for almost a month (what otherwise a very mild winter) due to eruption of a cold snap from heart of Siberia (-60 C at the heart of the storm, when it reached Germany, in the neighborhood of about 3000km, its a more 'mild' -12to -25 deg C).

Only cure when I fly back to Sunny Singapore (for a short while).

Anyway, in most temperate countries, you have to bring at least a jacket if you will be out til the night even in Summer. The temperature difference even within a day can be drastic.

Edited by Kiadaw

(edited)

Hi All

no need, 10 to 20 degrees is not that cold. just a nice leather jacket over a normal shirt will do. dont need real winter wear.

at most a t-shirt underneath a sweater and a light jacket in case.

dont be a guniang like half of Singapore.

if you are specifically talking about gold coast, i would basically be wearing t shirts in the day and a track suit jacket at night or just a sweater over t shirt. plse dont go bringing heavy winter stuff and regret.

have fum.

Edited by Throttle2

Ard 20 yrs back when I went GC with my cousins

We brought jacket along

But in the end we walked down the streets only in tee n jeans to njoy the cool

But individual is different to coldness

If u r those type that scare of cold

Better bring a pair of cotton gloves lor

Cold is not scary

It's the wind!

Lol

Njoy ur trip

Aussie is shiok

Hi All

whatever anyone prescribe might not be true to you. how's your tolerance for cold?

if you are those who are afraid of cold, it's better for you to wear two layers before the jacket. i.e. a t-shirt (no need to be thermal) and shirt over it. then wear a jacket.

not afraid of cold? t-shirt and bermuda/jean with a jacket to carry along just in case.

you might also need to consider what time will you be out and where you will be heading. when it's sunny, you probably will feel warm to you dress too much.

Turbocharged

no need, 10 to 20 degrees is not that cold. just a nice leather jacket over a normal shirt will do. dont need real winter wear.

at most a t-shirt underneath a sweater and a light jacket in case.

dont be a guniang like half of Singapore.

if you are specifically talking about gold coast, i would basically be wearing t shirts in the day and a track suit jacket at night or just a sweater over t shirt. plse dont go bringing heavy winter stuff and regret.

have fum.

Yup... came back from gold coast not long ago... day time only wear only t shirt and nite time light jacket to counter wind.... and Bermuda most of the time...... [:p]

↡ Advertisement