What to wear with max temp 20 degree and minimum 10 degree

Anshng

when i was in melbourne, 2 deg. no wind 2 layers suffice. very cooling and shoik. when wind came i still had only 2 layers... i fell sick the same night.

once 8 deg. i was in 3layers and my ass frozen same night fell sick again.

in melb the weather was siao... morning cold, afternoon sunny as hell, later afternoon its was raining that hailing. at night cold like siao. well thats melbourne.

other places i follow the rule of thumb shared earlier. 30deg 1 layer, 20 2 layers, 10 deg. 3 layers. 0 deg 4 layers with thermal. most of the time i feel its not only the temp. but its the wind that KILLs.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

10 degrees C is not considered cold lah!! [laugh]

It's a nice warm sunny winter's day!

You only need a jacket (not those windbreaker type you wear in air-conditioned rooms, okay?), and add a sweater if you want.

Don't need scarf or gloves even.

I don't quite recommend thermal underwear because it's difficult to remove when temperature climbs to 20?

Going to gold coast and this is the temperature there now

Scarf is for the neck area?

gold coast is fine, its a SUN SHINE Coast remember! [laugh] [laugh]

t-shirt during day time is good enough (if not singlet and t-shirt) and some time can be quite warm. Evening a jacket will do.

Supersonic

Actually for temp range between 10 deg to 20 deg still consider not very cold. Should be sufficient if you wear one piece thermal wear underneath with a jacket and maybe scarf if gets too windy.

Supersonic

Sometimes also depends on individual, some people dont even need to wear a jacket. They just wear normally like in temp 25 deg or above.

Thanks all

I think I am the kind that is quite scared of cold as I am not used to sleeping in aircon room. mY aircon temp will usual set around 24 degree

The reason i asked is coz dun want to bring along bulky winter wear that might not be used and also dun want to be caught in a situation that it is too cold for comfort as it is not like singapore if cold can just go outdoor. Haha

The coldest i experienced is when I go to japan around may few years ago. That time the temp is shiok. Cooling and not too cold nor too hot. But at night can be very chilling..

I guess i will just wear more layers if thicker clothes instead of winter wear

Thanks all

I think I am the kind that is quite scared of cold as I am not used to sleeping in aircon room. mY aircon temp will usual set around 24 degree

The reason i asked is coz dun want to bring along bulky winter wear that might not be used and also dun want to be caught in a situation that it is too cold for comfort as it is not like singapore if cold can just go outdoor. Haha

The coldest i experienced is when I go to japan around may few years ago. That time the temp is shiok. Cooling and not too cold nor too hot. But at night can be very chilling..

gold coast is suppose to be like tropical, you can get sun burn at the beach you know! :D no need to worry too much, bring 2 jackets, if it gets colder wear both [laugh]

Supersonic

I think no need to worry, if the temp suddenly drop and you feel cold. Can just buy some winter wear from there.

Turbocharged

10-20 degree no problem la.

body give out a lot of heat.

the most important are to take care of your feets and hands.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Gold Coast?

Aiyah no worries lah...

Don't need scarf or Glove.

Don't even need long johns.

A good jacket or windbreaker with hood will do, those office type. If you scare can wear a long sleeve shirt with a good pair of jeans, thick sock if you may and you're good to go!

Even though it's 10 degrees the Sun there will warm you up just nice.

Apart from the occasional wind, Aussie's Sun are scorching even in winter esp in Queensland so no worries about the cold.

If you going out at night, can wear a tee under the shirt and a cotton cap if you want.

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

Cold climate is different from A/C in Singapore. It's the sudden temperature change that your body cannot adapt to. In cold climate, your body adapts itself to the environment. In Singapore, you walk in and out of cold/hot temperature faster than your body can adapt.

But in cold climate also need to prepare for any sudden drop in temp, if not when you are outdoor you will be freezing cold! That's why must bring a thick scarf along for just in case. Scarf really helps a lot if suddenly outside is windy or raining.

Turbocharged

Thanks all

Oh yeah so remember, If you scared of the cold at night, the chill can get to you in your sleep. SO bring a comfy pair of long pants pyjamas and socks just in case.

Turbocharged

But in cold climate also need to prepare for any sudden drop in temp, if not when you are outdoor you will be freezing cold! That's why must bring a thick scarf along for just in case. Scarf really helps a lot if suddenly outside is windy or raining.

Scarf no need in gold coast lah...lol

10 deg in gold coast is different from 10 deg in london...lol

Turbocharged

Actually another good gauge is to check out those online live traffic webcams of the places you are going. Look at the clothes the people wear will give you a goood idea on the climate there too.

Hi All

I will be going overseas and the temperature is going to be max 20 and min 10. Anyone went to such countries before can advise if need special thick jacket like those winter wear or can wear those thick wind breaker used in lecture theatres? Thanks!

10 deg cel might sound vert cool but you need to know that sometimes, due to humidity, wind, sun light & other factor, human could feel temperature differently. When I was in England, I can wear a Tshirt at 15deg cel but feel okie... At Genting, after rain at night,temp was around 19 deg cel. I walk back to my hotel (outdoor) with a thin jacket plus Tshirt inside, I feel very cool....

10 degrees C is not considered cold lah!! [laugh]

It's a nice warm sunny winter's day!

You only need a jacket (not those windbreaker type you wear in air-conditioned rooms, okay?), and add a sweater if you want.

Don't need scarf or gloves even.

I don't quite recommend thermal underwear because it's difficult to remove when temperature climbs to 20?

This morning, it was 12 deg when I started work (in central Germany), at 9:15am (over sleep a little) on a rather sunny day (My guess is the night could be single digit...). & its day time in mid summer!

Only have a T-shirt, but feel 'funny liao'. then check my Iphone to see local Weather....Oh...LOL

I guess, there is still Singaporean thinking in me, see sunny, think it will be warm, especially now that it is mid summer. [laugh]

Anyway, like mention before, everyone have different thehold for cold & heat, & its better to be prepared. Heat kill slow, but cold can kill fast.

If you are not used to cold, you can get irregular accerated heart beat, & people have been known to die suddenly from it. I think a few years ago, a Singaporean Tourist die when he was in Rome ( at teen deg), due to heart failure or something). Its better to be safe then to act 'cool' in front of locals by wearing less.

Cheers & have a nice trip.

↡ Advertisement