Eight badminton players disqualified from London 2012

Yamapi

Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli, the Chinese top seeds, and their South Korean rivals, Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, were booed on Tuesday as the players repeatedly hit shots wide or served into the net. The referee, Thorsten Berg, warned the players over their conduct.

The other match also involved a South Korean pair, Ha Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung, up against the Indonesians Meiliana Juahari and Greysia Polii. The Koreans eventually won by two sets to one.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/0...lified-olympics

SK lost 2 teams. China and Indo 1 team dq

↡ Advertisement

Is it really so difficult to act?

What is so wrong? Everyone hold back their reserves during the heats too. How come they allow strategy during heats?

i think the 'purpose' is to conserve energy so play keke hit long or on the net to finish the game asap

it's not about the draw. as long as it's already confirmed to advance, whether what draw, they will conserve energy

Maybe there should be a fresh draw for each round.

the first match it is very obvious china throw match den Koreans follow suit...

too bad Koreans disqualified, their players really pretty...

you are right ... just look at swimming

but throwing the match is really bad and unsportmanship ... and disgusted spectators

Is it really so difficult to act?

What is so wrong? Everyone hold back their reserves during the heats too. How come they allow strategy during heats?

Edited by Wt_know

i don't understand, soccer also got group stage right? i remember last world cup got group stage, but why soccer cannot do match-fixing?

reminds me of that time either SEA Games or Suzuki cup, was it Thai VS Indos. Same thing, he players just strolled around the pitch and not wanting to attack. End up, a layer just walked the ball into own net....

Disgusting !!

no fixing? sure or not!!!

1. last 2 matches are played at the same time. how you know no fixing? the team manager keep posted real time on the other match result. if threat is eliminated, he quickly change out all key player to rest, to avoid injury, to avoid red card, etc. then, play 1/2 effort just to have a draw ... no heart to win.

2. if already confirm advance to next level, they will preserve all key player and put in the reserve as 1st line up. so?

in badminton for case 2, they cannot put in reserve, so play keke to conserve energy for next match

i don't understand, soccer also got group stage right? i remember last world cup got group stage, but why soccer cannot do match-fixing?

Edited by Wt_know

its ok, a lot of things you dun understand :D

Watch more soccer lah. Noob.

reminds me of that time either SEA Games or Suzuki cup, was it Thai VS Indos. Same thing, he players just strolled around the pitch and not wanting to attack. End up, a layer just walked the ball into own net....

Disgusting !!

its the suzuki cup, they both don't want to face singapore which already top the other group as hot favourites vietnam is the host, end up singapore also become champion that year.

and also, singapore football team that time don't have FT.