How much would you pay for a COE if the rules were changed?

SLSAMG88

How much would you pay for a COE if the rules were changed  

186 members have voted

1. 1. For Cat A

• I can't afford a car - FML
    • 5001-10000
    • 10001-15000
    • 15001-20000
    • 20001-30000
    • 30001-40000
    • 40000-you're crazy

$200k

hearsay in MCF many got passion for car

if coe is $200k, still buy car

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

I will pay whatever the OMV of the car is...

But I will change my tune when I can afford Luxury Cars...hahahahahahaha....

But nothing more than 20K I guess....buying a piece of paper nia leh...LTA did not even frame that piece of so call certificate lor...

With COE prices so high...at least LTA could do is like a ceremony like giving out degrees.... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

In the first place there should not even be bidding with money.

Just the administrative token amount should be enough.

COE should be awarded with balloting.

Much like HDB flat application.

agreed!!!

In the first place there should not even be bidding with money.

Just the administrative token amount should be enough.

COE should be awarded with balloting.

Much like HDB flat application.

How about follow HDB this way?

One Singapore family will have ONE subsidized (or FREE) COE one in his life time (Just like HDB, two in your life times).

Or the other way.

Instead of Baby Bonus, every family will be given a FREE COE, when a baby is born. This will encourage Singaporean to make more baby. It also help young couple to afford car. A car is a NEED for family with young kids.

HA! HA! HA! HA!

This actually make sense although sounds like a joke. A free coe unlikely as this is a gov cash cow, but a subsized COE could work and popular for voters!

One Singapore family will have ONE subsidized (or FREE) COE one in his life time (Just like HDB, two in your life times).

Or the other way.

Instead of Baby Bonus, every family will be given a FREE COE, when a baby is born. This will encourage Singaporean to make more baby. It also help young couple to afford car. A car is a NEED for family with young kids.

HA! HA! HA! HA!

Twincharged

Or the other way.

HA! HA! HA! HA!

I doubt a car is a need even if you have young kids. Last year when my car in the workshop for one week, took public transport around with my son who is 1+ only and my cousin who is about 3. No problems taking the trains and buses. I don't think the govt will give out free COE also. Cuz people will take advantage of it. After getting a car, just get a car and sell it off second hand. There will definitely be buyers.

sounds good also, i can agree..btw i got my coe at $16k, everybidy say i siao that time...self comfort myself that time... ..but now.......everywhere got buddy now...hahaha....my imagination is $150k for cow...sorry...coe...

Edited by Hotfavourite
↡ Advertisement