Sharing of telemarketing nos for blocking.

Opel17

I am sure everyone have been irritated by telemarketing calls to their mobile phones.

* especially the roaming charges incurred when overseas.

What I will personally do to counter these telemarketing calls :

1. any call that was identified as telemarketing calls will be saved with contact name "Block".

2. all these "Block" contacts will be marked "reject all calls", so that my mobile phone will block their future calls and will not ring.

3. all contacts will be linked to google account, and transferred to the next phone when upgrading handset.

The next step is online [MCF] sharing of these "Block" telemarketing nos, so that the "blockage" can be widened.

- example :

12345678 - abc insurance

45678901 - cde spa

etc.....

- would the online [MCF] sharing/posting be allowed ?

↡ Advertisement

Great idea!

I am mostly away travelling and these idiots dun know where its a long ring tone,

the person is abroad!

Let me start

+852 19880195 conman from china (if you dun speak chinese to them, they cannot speak English to con you)

:D

I am sure everyone have been irritated by telemarketing calls to their mobile phones.

1. any call that was identified as telemarketing calls will be saved with contact name "Block".

2. all these "Block" contacts will be marked "reject all calls", so that my mobile phone will block their future calls and will not ring.

3. all contacts will be linked to google account, and transferred to the next phone when upgrading handset.

The next step is online [MCF] sharing of these "Block" telemarketing nos, so that the "blockage" can be widened.

- example :

12345678 - abc insurance

45678901 - cde spa

etc.....

What I find annoying most are SMS from property agents. If you are one and is reading this. FXXK YOU! :D

These mofos not only spam ppl's mobile phones they also create a lot of unnecessary paper waste at ppl's doorstep.

I know there's an iphone app iBlacklist that will block these mofos SMS but the phone needs to be jailbroken and the app cost $12.99, Sucks right?

- example :

12345678 - abc insurance

45678901 - cde spa

etc.....

what if new numbers keep appearing from many source.....like that very busy leh [dizzy]

i have an android ph. how to block?

I am using android phone [Motorola Razr].

- go to Phonebook/Contacts/People.

- just for trying, select 1 contact, click menu/edit.

- check with "reject all calls" is listed in the options. Select this option. [my previous Motorola Milestone do not have this option]

* test by add 1 nearby phone to your Contacts, put on "reject", try calling your mobile phone with that particular phone and see what is the outcome.

Great idea!

I am mostly away travelling and these idiots dun know where its a long ring tone,

the person is abroad!

Let me start

+852 19880195 conman from china (if you dun speak chinese to them, they cannot speak English to con you)

They will refer your nos to Nigerian who is a smooth English talker :D

Supercharged

For android or any phone, the best way is not to pick up.

If in yr blurry state of mind you do pick it up, if PRC on the other line; switch to english. For Pinoy; switch to Mandarin. For Indian; switch to your dialect group. This method shd work fine. Tested & proven.

I use the blocker feature in GO SMS and add keyword filters like <ADV>, unsub, etc. Works pretty well to block property agent or other ads.

If the SMS blocked by the filter is something you want to receive, just go to blocked messages and restore the message and check an option to no longer block this sender.

For calls, just long press the number in call log and add to reject list.

If in yr blurry state of mind you do pick it up, if PRC on the other line; switch to english. For Pinoy; switch to Mandarin. For Indian; switch to your dialect group. This method shd work fine. Tested & proven.

Sometimes I answer call and hear PRC/Pinoy/etc, I will say hello.. hello... HELLO... (while they busy talking in the background) then hang up. None of them call back.

Some more professional telemarketers from bank, financial or insurance will ask whether it's a good time to talk, I just simply reply no and keep quiet. They will say they call back later and I will simply reply thank you. None call back as well [laugh]

Errr......you already said blur blur state of mind liao, don't think all can be so alert to switch to other languages leh......

Turbocharged

Errr......you already said blur blur state of mind liao, don't think all can be so alert to switch to other languages leh......

sleep talking [laugh]

Great idea.

I am using an Android phone and I have downloaded a free software called "Call Filter". Once a number is added, in fact it has the "add last incoming number feature", future calls from that number will be rejected immediately, that party will not even hear any ringtone.

Here's the list:

6572 2610

6305 1084

6305 1082

6507 7338

6253 7834

6576 5478

6236 9258

6536 8563

6521 9929

6255 1674

6635 3560

6645 3087

6646 0930

6287 7942

6591 7000

6534 5723

6502 2088

6635 3213

6645 3082

6344 3306

6534 5954

6417 5867

Great idea!

the person is abroad!

Let me start

I am using Starhub, and with free incoming local calls, I am ok with these telemkt calls.

When overseas, it is the roaming charges that would be incurred, which they don't care, they just want to promote their products to you.

↡ Advertisement