Sticky dashboard

Xmark

Do you remove the sticky stuff before applying the conditioner? What cleaning product you are using?

Xmark bro..use a apc to wipe clean then apply conditioner.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

since its long holiday, I decided to do something to my home pvc chair that has the sticky problem.

tried rubbing some cooking oil with cloth on the problem area and it WORKS!

Neutral Newbie

Melted dashboard is very different from normal plastic. Strong cleaners like acetone, alcohol , 3M cleaners and etc. may cause further damage to the dashboard ( try it at your own risk). It also gives out more toxic gas than a non melted plastic. The treatment of the melted plastic has to be a one time treatment to stop the outgassing and further melting. It is not so simple to treat the melted dashboard. The world temp is going up more and more cars are with this problem.

I got the sticky dashboard two years ago, I know what works and what don't.

Need some help on this, my car passenger side dashboard has the problem of melting. Just driving around in hot sun for about 15 mins will make it sticky already. But driver side no problem...

Need some help on this, my car passenger side dashboard has the problem of melting. Just driving around in hot sun for about 15 mins will make it sticky already. But driver side no problem...

Cant do much..i tried all vinyl products i have..the only way is rewrap or change the dashboard if still under warranty..

So what do you recommend?

Cant do much. I have the same problem. In fact the material become so soft that you can use finger nail to press into it.I use dashboard Cover to cover the dashboard . But some part cart be covered .what to do ?

Cant do much. I have the same problem. In fact the material become so soft that you can use finger nail to press into it.I use dashboard Cover to cover the dashboard . But some part cart be covered .what to do ?

[/

Mine also can press with finger nail. Sometimes I just use a spare towel or cloth to cover up, luckily it's only on the passenger side so it more or less covers entirely

Once the damage has been done. You wouldn't be able to restore it to the perfect condition anymore.

But with the 3M adhesive remover. you can probably get it slightly better.

try to use a sunscreen if u always park under the hot sun and also to use a interior protector that has UV protection for prevention

This sticky dashboard only happen to Toyota car. Just because their car are selling the started using inferior materials for Toyota cars. The quality is going down the drain. Toyota can got no more resell value. The Customer service support is hopeless and the arrogant. 

You email to them also they don't respond.

Is time we condemn Toyota cars.

Liew 

• Dislike 1

This sticky dashboard only happen to Toyota car. Just because their car are selling the started using inferior materials for Toyota cars. The quality is going down the drain. Toyota can got no more resell value. The Customer service support is hopeless and the arrogant.

Liew

Every car will have its own set of problems...

Supersonic

Liew

yes for Nissan. Their dashboard give you a soft touch type of material. it melt.

As for Toyota vios to altis none of mine colleagues complain of melting dashboard. Reason they are so hard. LOL.

yes for Nissan. Their dashboard give you a soft touch type of material. it melt.

As for Toyota vios to altis none of mine colleagues complain of melting dashboard. Reason they are so hard. LOL.

So conclusion,hard or soft dashboard which is better in long run?

Supersonic
(edited)

So conclusion,hard or soft dashboard which is better in long run?

I believe there is nothing to do with soft or hard dashboard but more related to the plastic raw material(polymer ) being used during manufacturing.

Those who have their car parked in the multistory and underground car park will face less of this problem as compare to those who have their car parked under hot sun all day long.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic
(edited)

I believe there is nothing to do with soft or hard dashboard but more related to the plastic raw material(polymer ) being used during manufacturing.

Those who have their car parked in the multistory and underground car park will face less of this problem as compare to those who have their car parked under hot sun all day long.

Haha like that also get a dislike ? Ok ok noted. But i will still continue to speak my view. However, it will be better to express what you dislike than to be so cha boh lah. At least the rest know where i am misleading them. I wont go advocate changing the general policies because of 1 or 2 cha boh in a forum like this.

By the way i saw a report somewhere in the US, toyota is giving extended warranty to a few batch of cars that were affected by sticky and cracking dashboard, obviously they know the problem. Hope they have fixed it in their new models.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement