FD2 Tires - Feedback

Cow28

Hi bros,

I know there are some threads on the tires. But There are varying feedback on this tire. Any first hand reviews ?

My objective is just quiet and good thread wear.

Thanks !

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

I know there are some threads on the tires. But There are varying feedback on this tire. Any first hand reviews ?

Thanks !

Federal FD2? I like them. Relatively quiet (on less rough patches of the NSHW, its almost silent at 120kmh), above average grip, and water expulsion for its class. IMHO it sits at the top of the touring tyres pile for performance and quietness. My FC dropped marginally though.

Wear wise, i sold the car off after about 6 months of changing tyres, so I can't say for certain, but it still had a lot of those "hairs" sticking out after 8000kms.

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but, I prefer their feel and grip on my demio over the GR90's on my lexus.

P.S. Based on the 5 cars I "look after" and the tyre's I've changed (total of 10 different sets of tyres used in the last 2 years), I would rank Toyo's C1S as the best, followed by the FD2's for your wants. (actually the C1S's are my favourite tyres of all time, with the now defunct Yoko C Drives a close 2nd, the FD2's come pretty close to the C Drives but lose out in road feel).

Edited by Elfenstar

Thanks for the comprehensive summary! I was also considering c1s but they are more expensive by about 40 dollars a piece. Base on your experience is c1s marginally or substantially quieter ? Don't really care about performance !

Thanks !

Federal FD2? I like them. Relatively quiet (on less rough patches of the NSHW, its almost silent at 120kmh), above average grip, and water expulsion for its class. IMHO it sits at the top of the touring tyres pile for performance and quietness. My FC dropped marginally though.

Wear wise, i sold the car off after about 6 months of changing tyres, so I can't say for certain, but it still had a lot of those "hairs" sticking out after 8000kms.

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but, I prefer their feel and grip on my demio over the GR90's on my lexus.

P.S. Based on the 5 cars I "look after" and the tyre's I've changed (total of 10 different sets of tyres used in the last 2 years), I would rank Toyo's C1S as the best, followed by the FD2's for your wants. (actually the C1S's are my favourite tyres of all time, with the now defunct Yoko C Drives a close 2nd, the FD2's come pretty close to the C Drives but lose out in road feel).

Fed FD II fit your requirements readily. Its definitely quiet and long wearing. Grip is slightly compromosed though.

Go fot it......

Edited by Hamburger

Supercharged

Hi bros,

Thanks !

I used to run on FD Evo595 tires. It's relatively good Tyres, for the price I paid. Surprisingly quiet on highway. Wet/dry is good. Thread wear is little faster than other Tyres.

Now I run on KU31. think this is even better than FD. I have even more confidence on wet road with heavy rain on highway. Tested sudden hard brake, and the Tyres are responsive

Thanks for the comprehensive summary! I was also considering c1s but they are more expensive by about 40 dollars a piece. Base on your experience is c1s marginally or substantially quieter ? Don't really care about performance !

Thanks !

A bit hard to compare coz the FD's were on my Demio, the C1S's I put on my FIL's LS. They both made a huge difference in NVH as well as outright grip. If the difference in sound level is any gauge, the FD's had a better improvement. The C1S was expected to be quieter and ride better than the DZ101's on the LS, but not only was it much quieter at speed and the ride better, handling and grip were also better. The same can be said for the FD2's over the OEM A300's. Btw what tyres are you currently coming from?

Edited by Elfenstar

Used it before, quiet until 30k KM and it starts to roar, overall quite comfort, price reasonable, currently using Goodyear Asymmetric 1, the more I use, the quieter it gets..... Into 30k KM for my GY also.

Fed FD2 is an entry level comfort tyre, but Taiwanese loaded it with extra load bearing cap and tread depth.

It will certainly be suitable for different class of drivers.

Edited by 5936
↡ Advertisement