Which 1.6 litre car has the longest rear seat leg room?

Yahgo22

But I think rear leg room more or less depends on the person sitting in the front..

If driver have long legs, then rear leg room less. If driver short short legs, then more rear leg room [:)]

Absolutely correct! So I suppose the TS is asking, if the driver is the same person in each car, which one will give the most knee room at the back.

In most car reviews, they determine the knee room by first pulling the front two seat as far back as the mechanism allows. Therefore it does not matter what is the height of the driver/front passenger.

Edited by Topspin

I read someone mention volvo s80 but somehow people still talking about altis c180 latio cruz....etc etc. In my opinion, s80 is a car under the luxury car section, so should be having the longest wheelbase. so I go sgcarmart and check the specs of S80. heres my findings :

Agree, test drove the S80 T4 a year ago. My vote for a Cat A car with the biggest cabin space has to go to the S80. The car seat ergonomics is defintely one of the best!

ne way to measure the legroom scientifically is the length of the wheelbase....

based on the above few feedback, i summarize the length of the wheelbase as below:

a. elantra - 2700mm

b. almera - 2590

c. sylphy - 2700

d. mazda 3 - 2640

e. subaru impreza - 2645

Elantra has the longest wheelbase? But too bad elantra dont have tall roof height behind. Tall person dont find comfortable sitting at the rear seat of elantra.

For normal B&B cars I am quite sure its Sylphy..

>1.8 m tall and its the only car where my knees cannot reach the front seat.

more spacious than Civic 1.6l?

I have drove and sat as the front passenger of Sylphy before.

I don't really like the seat.

Twincharged

IMO Sylphy definitely more spacious at the back than Civic.

• Praise 1

I tested it this way.

I go to the driver seat, adjust to my setting, then i go to the back to seat directly behind the driver, then I measure the distance between my knee and the back of the front driver seat.

Sylphy is even bigger than Teana in this aspect.

Many factors affect this, not only wheelbase... The sitting posture of the car plays a big part. For those cars that have a sportier seating position, the front seat is v likely going to go further behind. For cars that have driver seats that are more like mpv seating position, usually there is space for the knees of long legged ppl to go so no need to push the seat so far behind to feel comfy.

Seat size also play a part. If you look at the current vios, the rear space is heavily contributed by the sheer thinness of the seats and the way that the seats are arched. The vios rear seats is also nearly 90 deg upright while some cars are more inclined. Thats y the vios is v uncomfortable for rear passenger (PPOV after jams in jakarta taxis) For Contis, their seats are usually big but they have some indents at the back of the driver seats to increase the space of the rear occupant.

The sylphy somehow has a good combination of above factors and thats why it has the biggest space to me.