• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic | 100 praises

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

saw one in Jcube basement, $2.80 for cutting, whaaat? thought my eyes went blurry
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Darklord_88
  • Darklord_88
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

the earlier cheapest saloon should be snip avenue at the same price all years round.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Kurtselva
  • Premium member
    Kurtselva
    4th Gear
    Author Image

saw one in Jcube basement, $2.80 for cutting, whaaat? thought my eyes went blurry

Maybe they got a small asterix sign you missed out on.. laugh.gif
Newton's 3rd law = Karma

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe they got a small asterix sign you missed out on.. laugh.gif

check already dun have lol, heard from my friend he went there before and even get hair vacuum, he also said coloring only $18
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

maybe owner really looking at volume sales.. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Even with volume it's not easy to maintain with that kind of price point. Most other snip ave located in HDB so lower rent, guess its their first outlet in a mall. And some outlet do provide 80 cent cut if sign membership...crazy

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Jamie1982
  • Jamie1982
    Banned

free haircut

do it at home
front you can do it yourself
back get someone at home to do - preferably someone older than 10years

it is really easy

what can be worse
if all else fail or go wrong
go botak

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

There is also a $2.80 outlet at Clementi right? Quite near to the new mall, a few walking steps from breadtalk/toastbox.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My contribution of $3plus at amk ave 10, near the hawker centre stretch of shopes consider ex liao. laugh.gif

I have never tried but always see customers q'ing outside the baber shop.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So the profit margin of the $10 shop is in fact quite large all this time. blink.gif

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Err nowadays alot of place got $1 haircut...

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Raymondism
  • Premium member
    Raymondism
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

free haircut

do it at home
front you can do it yourself
back get someone at home to do - preferably someone older than 10years

it is really easy

what can be worse
if all else fail or go wrong
go botak

Too bad most of us dun work as barber so we cannot qualify as cheapest barber

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Topspin
  • Topspin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

maybe owner really looking at volume sales.. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

What I suspect is that the hairstylist are all trainees. They actually pay the shop to be able to practice and get what ever certs, etc. So the shop makes money not from the customers but from the trainee hairstylist...a different business model for their shop.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If you go to some of the private schools offering hair-styling classes, you get also get it free......but you're at the mercy of the students there......

I was offered once when my wife and I went to one such school to find out about some similar courses...... laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yup, cheapest $2.80 but you'll be bomb with all the different promotions they have laugh.gif
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

What I suspect is that the hairstylist are all trainees. They actually pay the shop to be able to practice and get what ever certs, etc. So the shop makes money not from the customers but from the trainee hairstylist...a different business model for their shop.

Very innovative..
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But this kind cannot say one... cheap also subjective.... charge you $1, but cut a few hairs... vs charge $20 but got cut, wash, perm, blow (above and below)... laugh.gif tongue.gif .... massage (above and below).... laugh.gif tongue.gif ...... more value for $$$.... laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Tried the Snip Avenue in Tampines a few months back and wasn't really satisfied. The person I got cut quickly and without paying much attention, didn't cut to the length I wanted and seemed displeased at having to do more when I asked her to rectify it. Maybe my experience was a one off thing, as my family all had positive experiences (that's why I tried out in the first place, although I admit the cost was a draw).

Then again, I can't complain, because how much can you expect for that kind of price? laugh.gif

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Where is a good place to learn hair-cutting/ styling?

Need to have a back up career after retirement or retrenchment. Good skillset to have, other than getting a taxi licence.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

i believe they are training school for hairstylist which these trainee actually pay fee to learn, you pay $2.80 to be a guinea pig.

And the areas they open very much target at FT if you notice. Win-win for the school, trainee and the customer. biggrin.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Cheapest, barber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users