Cheapest barber!

Thaiyotakamli

Where is a good place to learn hair-cutting/ styling?

Need to have a back up career after retirement or retrenchment. Good skillset to have, other than getting a taxi licence.

↡ Advertisement

i believe they are training school for hairstylist which these trainee actually pay fee to learn, you pay $2.80 to be a guinea pig.

And the areas they open very much target at FT if you notice. Win-win for the school, trainee and the customer. :D

What I suspect is that the hairstylist are all trainees. They actually pay the shop to be able to practice and get what ever certs, etc. So the shop makes money not from the customers but from the trainee hairstylist...a different business model for their shop.

Good observation, very logical too. Thanks for pointing this out. [thumbsup]

Cheapest haircut I ever had was RM5 (S$2) in Malaysia. My 6 year old son had his for RM4. Indian barber. Proper air-conditioned barber shop; not under the tree type.

Was it a recent visit?

Neutral Newbie

just a word on precaution

if barber is NOT clean

comb can transmit lice

if get cut by , shaving blade (some dont change the disposal blade (i have seen some pretending to use "new" blade when actually the rewraped the recently use blade)), scissors or haircutter (especially the manual type) - can get warts and who knows what else

cheap is good but please make sure that barber clean

dont want to catch anything extra for the price of $2.80

other areas of caution needed

tattooing

dental (backlane in Malaysia)

ear (or any other body parts) piercing

hope this is useful information

Neutral Newbie

nah, snip avenue don't use knives only the older generations shop one have

that expertise, snip avenue use the mini electric shaver.

as for lice, even if you go to orchard road saloons, they don't guarantee

theirs got no lice.

the 10 dollar shops put their combs and scissors under the UV rays i doubt that

will kill lice, they also do not guarantee theirs no lice.

snip avenue barbers are trained, once they see lice they will inform the customer

and ask them to go watson buy special shampoo, they handle the combs properly

after that. I know cuz my maid have lice that's what happen.

snip avenue cheap and good :D thumbs up

many comments on snip avenue using trainees, well actually how hard do you think is

it to cut a guy's hair ?

To each his own, if you feel 10 dollars is better do go ahead, if 2.80/0.80 could meet your

requirements then good for you, if you need the 30-40 bucks saloon feeling also okay bah.

just cater to different markets, like CARS, toyota nissan bread butter cars, cheap plastic

dashboards, to continental BMW, mercs, luxury leather trims ,,,

Edited by Hamtaroo

Turbocharged

Maybe the hairstylist still trainee and today i went again and see member 80 cents off, i think this barber shop is non profit organization haha

wah they $.80 off... they cut what hair??? [laugh][:p] ..... next time they oay you to have your hair cut?? [hur]

I think very soon QB house and etc which charge $10 is going to be pushed out by these outlets. [sweatdrop]

Nowadays, the queues at QB and EC are very short. No need to queue most of the time.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

Maybe they got a small asterix sign you missed out on.. [laugh]

True true..haha.. maybe when you step in, they would say your hair is horribly dry..need some treatment [:p]

saw one in Jcube basement, $2.80 for cutting, whaaat? thought my eyes went blurry

should be snip ave (branch opening price)

and they'll change to $3.80 later

Just one of their marketing gimmicks. They dun want earn just hair cut only (they'll show service and attitude if customers go for haircuts only)

Don't want to start a new thread on barber.

Does anyone here goes to those barbers like The Panic Room, We Need a Hero, ete?

Too expensive IMO. If you got the money then go there for the experience lo. But I find those malay barbers also can do the same thing if you just want a haircut.

should be snip ave (branch opening price)

and they'll change to $3.80 later

Just one of their marketing gimmicks. They dun want earn just hair cut only (they'll show service and attitude if customers go for haircuts only)

Nowadays much better. I only go to snip avenue for haircut and no attitude. Good service also but the wait can be long during peak hours.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1