Stationery speed cam BKE towards PIE Changi

Chucky2007

Just now on way home from Woodlands towards East, was driving along BKE.. no cars around so happily clear carbon.. drove around 150km/hr at the stretch of BKE towards PIE changi where there's a stationery speed cam. Noticed that there are no flash from the cam n also cam facing the opposite direction of BKE towards woodlands.

Questions:

1. No flash means no record? Since its already dark as its 1am?

2. Is that cam capturing 1 direction which is BKE woodlands only?

3. What's penalty for speeding above 60km/hr on a 90km/hr expressway?

4. How long will letter appear?

Before I'm being lecture for speeding.. I hereby apologise first.. no ill intention, not racing or trying funny stunts.. just driving faster to clear some accumulated carbon

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just now on way home from Woodlands towards East, was driving along BKE.. no cars around so happily clear carbon.. drove around 150km/hr at the stretch of BKE towards PIE changi where there's a stationery speed cam. Noticed that there are no flash from the cam n also cam facing the opposite direction of BKE towards woodlands.

Questions:

Before I'm being lecture for speeding.. I hereby apologise first.. no ill intention, not racing or trying funny stunts.. just driving faster to clear some accumulated carbon

The stretch before the speed camera is quite nice (and easy) to speed due to the long down slope, I did 120kmh there but didn't dare to go any faster.

1. From my knowledge, no flash = safe. I could be wrong.

2. That camera works for both directions, which is why there are warning signs in both directions of BKE.

3. Demerit Points - 18 demerit points and prosecution in court if traveling in excess of more than 50kmh up to 60kmh.

4. No idea for this one...

The stretch before the speed camera is quite nice (and easy) to speed due to the long down slope, I did 120kmh there but didn't dare to go any faster.

1. From my knowledge, no flash = safe. I could be wrong.

2. That camera works for both directions, which is why there are warning signs in both directions of BKE.

3. Demerit Points - 18 demerit points and prosecution in court if traveling in excess of more than 50kmh up to 60kmh.

4. No idea for this one...

Ok thanks..

Lucky my wife dun like to drive n she has full 24 points like me.. But she will ban me from driving if the TP letter ever comes when she realize I'm doing 150 on sg road [bigcry]

Ok thanks..

Lucky my wife dun like to drive n she has full 24 points like me.. But she will ban me from driving if the TP letter ever comes when she realize I'm doing 150 on sg road [bigcry]

Are You a doctor, a famous one?. If yes, them by all means use your wife's point since the fine is only 1k if kena caught but if You are not a famous doctor, u sure u wanna take that risk?... [:p]

Ok thanks..

Bro. You already pawned yourself here by saying you are a male. So if the camera is live, TP is watching this thread. Good luck to you, you'll be charged for speeding, obstructing civil servant from carrying out his duty and providing false information to law enforcer. Anyway, you will be hauled to court for speed exceeding 50km/h.

Letter shld appear in a week or 2. Never ever think or use your wife's driving license as a cover up. Shld also never try any stunts on S'pore roads... Last of all, good luck to you! [:)]

Questions:

[attachment=71524:speed

when speed cams were first introduced, they only had lens on one side. as an upgrade, they were modified to have lenses on both sides. but i guess they failed in a way that the cams looks asymmetric, the side with the visor is the real deal.

anyway, this is only based on my own deduction. i wouldn't want to challenge my own theory also.

i hope this will answer some of your questions, can't tell which direction the cam is facing at the point when you went thru, go find out yourself.

hope you won't get blasted for your post though... good luck!

disclaimer:- speed at your own risk, don't cause harm to others

Edited by 987

the camera in both direction is definitely life. saw the flash in both direction before...

when speed cams were first introduced, they only had lens on one side. as an upgrade, they were modified to have lenses on both sides. but i guess they failed in a way that the cams looks asymmetric, one side is dummy, the side with the visor is the real deal. having said that, these cams can swivel, meaning change directions, they can only take shots from the side with visor.

anyway, this is only based on my own deduction. i wouldn't want to challenge my own theory also.

@ chucky2007, i hope this will answer some of your questions, can't tell which direction the cam is facing at the point when you went thru, go figure itspeedcam.bmp out yourself.

Edited by 987

I was told b4 by a fren of mine whose from d authorities..BKE cam r alive..dats y if u notice along dat strech all motorist tend to slow down..

Are You a doctor, a famous one?. If yes, them by all means use your wife's point since the fine is only 1k if kena caught but if You are not a famous doctor, u sure u wanna take that risk?... [:p]

Nope.. law ministry plugged the lope hole already... Bloody doctor spoil market...

when speed cams were first introduced, they only had lens on one side. as an upgrade, they were modified to have lenses on both sides. but i guess they failed in a way that the cams looks asymmetric, one side is dummy, the side with the visor is the real deal. having said that, these cams can swivel, meaning change directions, they can only take shots from the side with visor.

@ chucky2007, i hope this will answer some of your questions, can't tell which direction the cam is facing at the point when you went thru, go figure it out yourself.

U r quite right. The one at ECP towards changi at bottom of slope after Benjamin sheares also looks the same type.. but confirm only facing ECP city AYE direction upslope.. as its a 70km/hr.. I normally pass the cam at 90-110km... Been doing that for years never receive love letter

speeding over 60kph above speed limit is quite a serious offence.

traffic live cam can detect real time vehicle speed as well as VIN.

some newer ones can even detect multiple vehicles at one time.

all these will be redundant once the GPS IU is operational.

Sorry to hear about your speeding case.

I am a photography enthusiast and from photography point of view, no flash under such 1am dark condition means the camera film will not be able to capture your number clearly.

Unless its a digital cam, where a short shutter speed and high ISO could capture your car even without flash.

This is also why after 7.30pm on bus lanes, there is seldom LTA wardens at the side of the roads. There is no way for the LTA wardens digital camera, whether in still shot mode or in movie mode to be able to capture your moving car clearly.

Unless they are using high speed cameras such as the Casio Exilim or the JVC PX-10. I have used both cameras before and so far, the JVC PX-10 offers a much clearer quality. And I am certain the wardens ain't using such model.

Edited by Rubbishman

I saw flashing from the cam in the morning in yr 2003 cos i remb i was driving to my camp, i dont drive that area nowadays.

Questions:

don't worry la bro. That cam no working one. If you drive slowly and closely to the cam, you will see some birdnests inside the holes.

Anyway, I might be wrong.. but I've never heard anyone kena caught by that cam b4.

↡ Advertisement