Flat owner takes HDB to court

Jman888

gist of the issue is.. he declare to HDB. rent out two room. when actual fact he sublet out whole unit minus the one close door..

you know 1 room 500, 2 room is 1000. iirc 2 bedroom plus living plus kitchen easily 1500 to 1700 now..

meaning he is cheating gahmen by 700. plus if you still stay there. the property tax will be 4% if not 10%.

he is in actual fact jumping tax too..

I only know PRs or FRs went further to sublet to cover their rental and earn more money for themselves... [laugh]

The fact that he did close up one room means the whole unit is not sublet what...nothing wrong... unless HDB clearly states that by closing one room for your own usage = sublet entire unit. If they didnt spell it out...then many ppl will close one room and sublet the balance. So if u are very clear with your rules then how come ppl tot can close one room and rent the rest? Even agents are telling owners that they can jus close one room and rent out the rest leh... something I heard quite frequently previously unless there are more changes to this...

↡ Advertisement

why you want to sue him for suing HDB?? [laugh] [laugh]

i know its typo ^_^

Lol...I mean I like to see someone sue HDB...HDB can be a pain...and someone shld sue them if got money... [laugh]

I only know PRs or FRs went further to sublet to cover their rental and earn more money for themselves... [laugh]

The fact that he did close up one room means the whole unit is not sublet what...nothing wrong... unless HDB clearly states that by closing one room for your own usage = sublet entire unit. If they didnt spell it out...then many ppl will close one room and sublet the balance. So if u are very clear with your rules then how come ppl tot can close one room and rent the rest? Even agents are telling owners that they can jus close one room and rent out the rest leh... something I heard quite frequently previously unless there are more changes to this...

if he locked one room but stay in a private/landed property, will it be fair?

actually sue hdb to disclose how much to construct a flat is better lar. at least the majority will gain.

Evil...but i like...I heard someone ever said a 5 room HDB flat cost around 50-60k to build but dunno how true...ppl like to quote hearsay only nia...but if it is true...wah...really fat fat...

if he locked one room but stay in a private/landed property, will it be fair?

Wah...if say fair or not fair...this can go on and on and on...if he has the ability..why not? It is a fair game and if you are up to that level u will say why cannot...if hv not reach will say why like tat...not fair leh... so really yah..to be born in a poor family or rich family..fair or not fair very hard to judge.. If u r not poor once, how u appreciate what is call hunger?

you want to know how much the cost ofa bottle of SKII magic water that your wife pay $100 for? [laugh] [laugh]

hahaha...but lucky my wife no nid those things....she dont like all these things n oni use moisturiser. she could have look better if she din chose me! [laugh]

whole story go read Straits time.

someone on Yahoo mention the story reported in yahoo is incomplete and ST gave a more complete picture

Cannot provide complete...especially there is a pending case... [laugh]

Wah...if say fair or not fair...this can go on and on and on...if he has the ability..why not? It is a fair game and if you are up to that level u will say why cannot...if hv not reach will say why like tat...not fair leh... so really yah..to be born in a poor family or rich family..fair or not fair very hard to judge.. If u r not poor once, how u appreciate what is call hunger?

i hungry lei! got money oso must wait till 7:20. so dont say i never feel the pangs of hunger! [cool]

Perhaps, he not happy that his flat is compulsory acquisited by HDB whereas he can fetch a better price should he sell the unit himself in the open market? HDB should have order or compel him to sell off his unit maybe say..within 3 months...etc rather than thru acquisition! <_<

i hungry lei! got money oso must wait till 7:20. so dont say i never feel the pangs of hunger! [cool]

Urs is deliberate hunger leh.. [laugh] Im also constantly feeling hungry when lunch time is approaching... now heading for lunch liao... [;)]

Perhaps, he not happy that his flat is compulsory acquisited by HDB whereas he can fetch a better price should he sell the unit himself in the open market? HDB should have order or compel him to sell off his unit maybe say..within 3 months...etc rather than thru acquisition! <_<

If they do like wat u say...it is not call punishment liao..the fact that they acquired it back is to punish him..but whether there is sufficient evidence...must see how the case develop...Landmark case...once precedent set...ppl who has the money can sue HDB if they suka suka acquire...they must make sure their rules are concised before they slap such punitive sentence on others... I not supporting this guy..but I dun like HDB... [;)]

if it is traded in a free market, then nothing to be fair or not fair. But for a regulated market, especially when people couldn't get one yet someone else can rent and not stay in it, i guess it is the public that are red eye about it. nothing to do with poor or rich lah.

Urs is deliberate hunger leh.. [laugh] Im also constantly feeling hungry when lunch time is approaching... now heading for lunch liao... [;)]

hahaha.... [laugh] [laugh] enjoy ur lunch k.......

actually its high time the govt ban sub letting

wat lock one room lock 2 rooms

all are loopholes

HDB flats are meant to be subsidized units

if kena posted overseas, then rent out whole house,

i believe such situations can apply from HDB to be allowed for rental.

how many of you heard of,

married stay with parents, HDB rent out to pay installment.

KNN !@#!$ not that i am directly implicated....

but that really one reason why people are dying to buy HDB.

if it is traded in a free market, then nothing to be fair or not fair. But for a regulated market, especially when people couldn't get one yet someone else can rent and not stay in it, i guess it is the public that are red eye about it. nothing to do with poor or rich lah.

as you have correctly pointed out.

regulated.

why he can buy that location,

and never stay

and rent out for income....

the qualifying criteria already not easy to meet (remember the single 35 yo singaporean vs bro+sis PR malaysians who are 20+)

who see already also will red eye la.

I say, nevermind let this Chew Teck Fatt talk....

bloody hell, lock one room and try to keh kiang, sue HDB.

KNN use my grandfather's money and cheat my grandfather and me?

let him defend himself...but if he cant prove his innocence, I say take his flat and fine him additional $300k minimum for wasting time and money.

↡ Advertisement