Flat owner takes HDB court

• Search this thread
197 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Where got so easy to sue HDB! They have enough proof and so took action to repossess the flat.
That time some PR didn't declare their overseas property when buying HDB flats, thinking HDB has no way to check... but they were all wrong!

If want to rent out flat, can apply for permit. Why need to lock one room? Scare IRAS tax huh?

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Cars08
  • Cars08
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

HDB flats are meant for owner-occupation. Flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must fulfill the Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) for subletting. They must also obtain HDB's approval to sublet the flat. They can submit the application online at www.hdb.gov.sg/subletting.

Unauthorised subletting of flat is an infringement of the lease. HDB takes a serious view of such infringement and will not hesitate to take strong action against those who flout the rules. Unauthorised subletting of flat includes instances where owners sublet one or more bedrooms while they do not live in the flat during the period of subletting. Instead, they keep one room locked and come back only occasionally. HDB can repossess the flat of those who commit such infringements. In lieu of this action, HDB may impose a penalty against them.
Enforcement Action By HDB

HDB carries out targeted investigations on suspected cases of unauthorised subletting. If the infringement of unauthorised subletting is established, action will be taken against the flat owners concerned. In 2011, HDB took action against 56 flat owners who committed the infringement. The action includes imposition of a penalty and repossession of flats.

Provide Feedback on Unauthorised Subletting of Flat

To help prevent abuse of public housing, residents are encouraged to call our Toll-Free Hotline No. 1800-5556370 to provide feedback on any suspected cases of unauthorised subletting of flat. The Hotline is available Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 5pm. Residents can be assured that any information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Last Updated on 11 Jul 2012
Source: HDB website

I read the bold and I wonder if the update was in any part carry out after the incident. If so, then it will not be right. It is HDB's responsibility to convey all its terms and conditions for subletting when giving their approval and for the owner to look at the terms and conditions. It cannot suka suka change the terms and expect owners to read up their website constantly... This one good show lah... laugh.gif

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    6th Gear

is it? oh i thought he evicted. as the case against him as illegal sublet is not weak. everyone knows about the locked room loophole.

That's the misconception most people have about the compulsory acquisition of flats which are illegally let out.

Most people think it is "cheong kong" or confiscated, but it is actually acquired according to perceived market value by HDB, that is why every now and then you see on HDB they have got small pockets of flats to sell.

If I am not wrong, some are because of this compulsory acquisition, some are folks who passed away with no kin etc...

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Mightymito
  • Mightymito
    5th Gear

why didnt he just ask mommy and daddy move into his flat and rent out theirs. They probably meet the MOP and whats more his flat is a five room.

He only has himself to blame.

Edited by Mightymito, 14 August 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Chpeck
  • Chpeck
    3rd Gear

probably just the valuation without COV part.

HDB transaction is always about COV, one will sure go crazy having it forfeited.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Cars08
  • Cars08
    5th Gear

why didnt he just ask mommy and daddy move into his flat and rent out theirs. They probably meet the MOP and whats more his flat is a five room.

He only has himself to blame.

Actually alot of new flats also got ppl rent out...but wonder why HDB never go catch..there are also alot of PRs who will stay within the flat and rent out every corners of the flat...why like that can meh? sometimes I find HDB beri funny...their rules can be neither here nor there... if sublet out but I use a room as my office can or cannot? If I fly around and back to my home only 1-2 times a mth, this one consider subletting whole hse? Policy very vague makes ppl guess or find loopholes...I can only say HDB has itself to blame for not keeping up with the changing trend...instead focus only on $$$.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hondacub777
  • Hondacub777
    Turbocharged

i share your view and that's why i think HDB also blame-able although the mr chew is worse.

mr chew for trying to exploit loopholes and even though kena penalised for it, still want to take legal action.

hdb for their not so logical rules and very lax and sporadic enforcements.

Agreed.HDB usually gives out warning.If the owner continue to ignore the warnings,HDB will use the last resort,

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

AdvanzTec
  • AdvanzTec
    Neutral Newbie

But the HDB feels that the court does not have the power to review its decision and that it can compulsorily acquire a flat that has been illegally rented out.

WOW... HDB above the LAW ?

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    NOS-ed

alot of ppl probably balls shrink liao upon hearing this news

you go to those old 3 room flats in whatever parts of singapore.... many are whole flat rented out kind...
you think they got apply for special permission from HDB?

mostly is on paper rent 1 room... but you get the whole flat... of course it comes at a special price too...
you need rental flat, so you keep quiet... owner need money, so owner keep quiet too.

if HDB wants to catch.. i think 56 man years also cannot finish catching including those who own private properties / overseas properties

be a good citizen, plse report known cases.
"Viva Cuba Libre!"

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious

Actually alot of new flats also got ppl rent out...but wonder why HDB never go catch..there are also alot of PRs who will stay within the flat and rent out every corners of the flat...why like that can meh? sometimes I find HDB beri funny...their rules can be neither here nor there... if sublet out but I use a room as my office can or cannot? If I fly around and back to my home only 1-2 times a mth, this one consider subletting whole hse? Policy very vague makes ppl guess or find loopholes...I can only say HDB has itself to blame for not keeping up with the changing trend...instead focus only on $$$.

that's why i say, instead of allowing people to sublet out or rent out whole flat, hdb should just go back to the basics and take out all these provision for leesees to make money. then the objective hdb flat is meant for affordable housing for masses can be achieved.

once you allow people to make money out of hdb flat, the rental yield will justify their paying high price for it.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Cars08
  • Cars08
    5th Gear

that's why i say, instead of allowing people to sublet out or rent out whole flat, hdb should just go back to the basics and take out all these provision for leesees to make money. then the objective hdb flat is meant for affordable housing for masses can be achieved.

once you allow people to make money out of hdb flat, the rental yield will justify their paying high price for it.

Once they started they cannot stop..it's like drugs...need more and more... shakehead.gif need to beef up the reserves...

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    6th Gear

yes land cost...
left pocket right pocket theory

land cost high
thus cost of construction high
raw material high (can believe)

land is sold by SLA !

To us... end of the day same wallet..... but to them..... diff wallet.... laugh.gif ..... SLA no equal to HDB (MIW).... so this simi lj land cost..... is the variable cost... that's why wanna get the actual cost....

Ya, lim peh built the house at 50K, I sell hse to you at 200K... lim peh still lost $$$, becuase the CB SLA sell the land like sell gold bar, sold to me at $300K.... we also LL suck thumb.... laugh.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    6th Gear

But the HDB feels that the court does not have the power to review its decision and that it can compulsorily acquire a flat that has been illegally rented out.

Yes. I think the govt do feel that the court has no power to review their decisions.

But it's their mistake for accidentally revealing what they think in public.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious

Once they started they cannot stop..it's like drugs...need more and more... shakehead.gif need to beef up the reserves...

yeah man, feeding people with drugs!

and i wasn't given a chance to join the drug party! laugh.gif

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious

My neighbour rent out all the room coss he is a PRC now living in HK (i never get to see him for past 13 years!).

the living room and kitchen is like a garage where the tenants throw their unwanted stuff when they leave, so it accumulate after they change tenant like every quarter PER room dry.gif dry.gif

you from HDB? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

if i am from HDB... no Foreigner will ever get a flat. sly.gif

who want to vote for me in 2016 biggrin.gif
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious

I only know PRs or FRs went further to sublet to cover their rental and earn more money for themselves... laugh.gif

The fact that he did close up one room means the whole unit is not sublet what...nothing wrong... unless HDB clearly states that by closing one room for your own usage = sublet entire unit. If they didnt spell it out...then many ppl will close one room and sublet the balance. So if u are very clear with your rules then how come ppl tot can close one room and rent the rest? Even agents are telling owners that they can jus close one room and rent out the rest leh... something I heard quite frequently previously unless there are more changes to this...

its called, trying to cheat the system.

i dont want to repeat myself. if you dont or fail to see that there is a problem, then nothing much i can say.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious

If rent out 1 or 2 rooms dun have to declare HDB but sublet the whole unit will need to declare.

i thought new rule since last year?? rent out 1 room also need to declare??

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious

maybe the update is on the number of ppl caught?.

HDB flats are meant for owner-occupation. Flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must fulfill the Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) for subletting. They must also obtain HDB's approval to sublet the flat. They can submit the application online at www.hdb.gov.sg/subletting.

Unauthorised subletting of flat is an infringement of the lease. HDB takes a serious view of such infringement and will not hesitate to take strong action against those who flout the rules. Unauthorised subletting of flat includes instances where owners sublet one or more bedrooms while they do not live in the flat during the period of subletting. Instead, they keep one room locked and come back only occasionally. HDB can repossess the flat of those who commit such infringements. In lieu of this action, HDB may impose a penalty against them.
Enforcement Action By HDB

HDB carries out targeted investigations on suspected cases of unauthorised subletting. If the infringement of unauthorised subletting is established, action will be taken against the flat owners concerned. In 2011, HDB took action against 56 flat owners who committed the infringement. The action includes imposition of a penalty and repossession of flats.

Provide Feedback on Unauthorised Subletting of Flat

To help prevent abuse of public housing, residents are encouraged to call our Toll-Free Hotline No. 1800-5556370 to provide feedback on any suspected cases of unauthorised subletting of flat. The Hotline is available Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 5pm. Residents can be assured that any information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Last Updated on 11 Jul 2012
Source: HDB website

I read the bold and I wonder if the update was in any part carry out after the incident. If so, then it will not be right. It is HDB's responsibility to convey all its terms and conditions for subletting when giving their approval and for the owner to look at the terms and conditions. It cannot suka suka change the terms and expect owners to read up their website constantly... This one good show lah... laugh.gif

Edited by Joseph22, 14 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious

if i am from HDB... no Foreigner will ever get a flat. sly.gif

who want to vote for me in 2016 biggrin.gif

i sure VOTE you!!!!!!! bounce1.gif bounce1.gif bounce1.gif

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious

if you can't even use HDB flat for collateral, what do you want the court to do? laugh.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Others Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users