Flat owner takes HDB to court

Jman888

Turbocharged

Evil...but i like...I heard someone ever said a 5 room HDB flat cost around 50-60k to build but dunno how true...ppl like to quote hearsay only nia...but if it is true...wah...really fat fat...

condo construction is abt 300+psf. You estimate from there lor.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

But the HDB feels that the court does not have the power to review its decision and that it can compulsorily acquire a flat that has been illegally rented out.

WOW... HDB above the LAW ?

Orbi good for this guy...

And yes...in some ways HDB is the law in this aspect..it is wha we call a statutory tribunal, able to make and dispense decisions within its jurisdiction. This suggests that while the Courts may open the case, it may rule only on errors of law or of fact made by HDB, specifically the incorrect application of the Housing Board Act, Regulations. But since as many bros have pointed out, HDB has repeatedly made public its meaning of continuous occupation on its website and in the press already, I hope this guy has little chance of appealing.

Wow first time I am siding with the gahmen and the MIW!! [;)] woohoo..

Neutral Newbie

I just complain about my HDB owner that she :

Use curtain to create a room to rent out for 450$ per month. I did the complain because the owner chase me out 1week early because I've committed something that againts her tenant rule, what i've done is SLEEP on sofa, the reason i sleep in sofa because roommate snore too loud and im unable to sleep, i force to sleep on sofa because i got work next day.

I suppose to move out this friday and getting my deposit soon, but House owner take my personal details and question me HBD coming house to inspect this few days.

Im frustrated ( because i am the one who sent complain, yet I'll refuse to answer questions against this matter).

My question is, will HDB inspector simply reveal my name? or they will keep this as top P&C.

thanks helping me out!

KNN.

Bottomline what is HDb for?..!!?!!!?

For these bloody a-----es to make profit?

Or to provide affordable accomodation for the people?

HDB should confiscate more units.

KNN still want to sue HDB.

The simple rule should be, unless overseas on holiday or temporary, this owner of HDB must be slepping in the HDB.

Otherwise will be considered illegally renting whole unit.

Simple as that.

Fu(king bloody a-----e scumbag.

Use curtain to create a room to rent out for 450$ per month. I did the complain because the owner chase me out 1week early because I've committed something that againts her tenant rule, what i've done is SLEEP on sofa, the reason i sleep in sofa because roommate snore too loud and im unable to sleep, i force to sleep on sofa because i got work next day.

I suppose to move out this friday and getting my deposit soon, but House owner take my personal details and question me HBD coming house to inspect this few days.

Im frustrated ( because i am the one who sent complain, yet I'll refuse to answer questions against this matter).

My question is, will HDB inspector simply reveal my name? or they will keep this as top P&C.

thanks helping me out!

Either stand up for your rights, or just go home ok? [wave]

Turbocharged

My neighbour rent out all the room coss he is a PRC now living in HK (i never get to see him for past 13 years!).

the living room and kitchen is like a garage where the tenants throw their unwanted stuff when they leave, so it accumulate after they change tenant like every quarter PER room <_< <_<

you from HDB? :o :o

why don't you report to HDB? I think nowadays such such cases cannot rent out...

thanks helping me out!

go back china or what ever hole you came from lah.

Neutral Newbie

go back china or what ever hole you came from lah.

dude not sure what are u try to reply me by type a sentence call me back to where i belongs.

And Of coz, Im not from china. Thanks your wise judging.

Er.... you did break one of the terms of the contract first. Why complain directly to hdb and not discuss first with the landlord? She might provide you with very good earsnuff to block out the snores of the other tenant or suggest you try snoring louder?

Pardon the light humor, no offence meant. Just collect back your deposit and look for another place to rent. And if you are easily awakened, suggest that you ask landlord whether the rental can include the sofa in case kena same snoring situation ya.

Er.... hope you resolve your problem and have better rest too.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Er.... you did break one of the terms of the contract first. Why complain directly to hdb and not discuss first with the landlord? She might provide you with very good earsnuff to block out the snores of the other tenant or suggest you try snoring louder?

Pardon the light humor, no offence meant. Just collect back your deposit and look for another place to rent. And if you are easily awakened, suggest that you ask landlord whether the rental can include the sofa in case kena same snoring situation ya.

Er.... hope you resolve your problem and have better rest too.

I did the right move. She told me to move out 1week ( actually is 10 days) because me initially break the rule. And Yes I admitted it my fault and I agree to move out on the date she assigned. I did wrong, And I move out 10 days early, She earn 120SGD from there, its fair, this situation I think is fair enough isnt?

FYI, I already found a room, which i've chosen to stay in a room alone.

The problem is that I been asking HDB officer by asking so whether is it legal for house owner to use curtain to create a room for rent ( Im new to singapore, Im not local, thats why im asking so ).

Then suddenly owner told me HDB officer will come to inspect the house, therefore she quickly take my details and key into the website. [hur]

Im not sure the HDB will simply reveal my name to owner? or they will keep as Top P&C.

Neutral Newbie

Na bei...wicked sense of humor. ..I like [laugh]

dude please direct and make words clear. I always welcome both constructive and destructive comments.

I can stand with it, I really cant understand "deep" english.

KNN.

Bottomline what is HDb for?..!!?!!!?

For these bloody a-----es to make profit?

Or to provide affordable accomodation for the people?

HDB should confiscate more units.

KNN still want to sue HDB.

The simple rule should be, unless overseas on holiday or temporary, this owner of HDB must be slepping in the HDB.

Otherwise will be considered illegally renting whole unit.

Simple as that.

Fu(king bloody a-----e scumbag.

Don't be so hard on them bro. Yes, they're profiteering, but remember that the first and biggest profiteers are the gahmen. I'm sure Marlboro Man is still laughing about the prices that HDB flats are being sold for, considering what they cost him to build. Surely, the MIW cannot be the only ones who deserve a piece of the pie, right? [cool]

So - before you condemn them, remember - they're only trying to follow their masters. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Muahaha. :D

↡ Advertisement