Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
585 replies to this topic | 3,035 praises

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Guess quite a few 40s here. Let's see how many of us are prepared?

As for me, have already tried for a while, and that is working till my twilight years, coaching tennis. It can maintain my lifestyle as well as keep me healthy. Did it 2 yrs ago when I took a break, and found my calling AFTER I am done with the working world.

How abt you?

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Westkid
  • Westkid
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

At 40 Goh Keng Swee just started to build Singapore. rolleyes.gif U thinking of retirement? angry.gif tongue.gif
Spread The LOVE.^^

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

At 40 Goh Keng Swee just started to build Singapore. rolleyes.gif U thinking of retirement? angry.gif tongue.gif

er...diff era hor laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Your calling for what? M1, Singtel Starhub also got calling plans, free roaming and xxx numbers of free SMS.
Choose lucky lumber also. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Haolian thread! laugh.gif

As for me, have already tried for a while, and that is working till my twilight years, coaching tennis. It can maintain my lifestyle as well as keep me healthy. Did it 2 yrs ago when I took a break, and found my calling AFTER I am done with the working world.

How abt you?

Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites :)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Your calling for what? M1, Singtel Starhub also got calling plans, free roaming and xxx numbers of free SMS.
Choose lucky lumber also. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Haolian thread! laugh.gif

u shaddap la....i know you opening whore house...knn....still dare say angry.gif angry.gif

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

u shaddap la....i know you opening whore house...knn....still dare say angry.gif angry.gif

With you as the pimp, sure lose business one. laugh.gif

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How abt you?

Then what exactly is your "calling"?

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

How abt you?

Me don't intend to retire just yet, but planning to slow down after seeing my kid through university...which is just a few years away.

To me, it is more important to get ourselves ready....to have a choice. A choice to continue working or continue to work. Many are forced to work to earn a living. If we have enough passive income we can choose whether to work or not.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Then what exactly is your "calling"?

coaching tennis lah....enjoyed it and look forward to more of it..... laugh.gif laugh.gif Good $$ too

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Gee
  • Gee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

never thought of it much actually,

would i still be working for earning past retirement age cut off, not sure, hope not.
won't be the same lifestyle that's for sure but enjoyment wise hopefully about there.

i better be prepared happy.gif

so and so - capitaine lentement

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

never thought of it much actually,

would i still be working for earning past retirement age cut off, not sure, hope not.
won't be the same lifestyle that's for sure but enjoyment wise hopefully about there.

i better be prepared happy.gif

Think it is important to start early...if u fail to plan, u plan to fail.......

In addition, perhaps adopt one place where i volunteer, etc.....

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'd like to be an adjunct lecturer in NUS. Tried it before on part time basis and enjoyed interacting and sharing stories with the younger ppl.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

I'd like to be an adjunct lecturer in NUS. Tried it before on part time basis and enjoyed interacting and sharing stories with the younger ppl.

giving back with experience and past working stints would help pass on the education and such, and yes, teaching should be like that. Waht is good is you interact and every batch is a different experience.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

How abt you?

By the time you reach retirement age, people probably only play tennis in game consoles like Wii.... laugh.gif
Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Neost
  • Neost
    5th Gear
    Author Image

How to become adjunct lecturer? Not necessary in university. I am thinking of doing it in polys but don't know how to go about applying it.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

How to become adjunct lecturer? Not necessary in university. I am thinking of doing it in polys but don't know how to go about applying it.

jus write in.....google their addresses

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

You selling insurance ah?

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

You selling insurance ah?

er, no, coffins laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

oni for you, i have this...ai mai??

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For me, i kept close contact with my former lecturers & deans. So they know they can approach me whenever they need someone.

U can also write in directly. I believe if u have rich experience in your expertise, should be able to get some classroom hours.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Gee
  • Gee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

right on.

i actually enjoy my work (surrounded by girls almost half my age, boys as well but i count them out)
feels like postponing my retirement. laugh.gif

my retirement wish would be doing restoration project that requires a LOT of patience. sweatdrop.gif

so and so - capitaine lentement

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: retirement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users