Continuous white line Offence!

Lazydala

Neutral Newbie

Do you guys know what is traffic offence 2029 - Parking Opposite Continuous White Line?

Driving in Singapore for so long but never heard of any of my driver colleagues got summon with this offence.

Try to search in LTA one motoring site -- >http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/vehicle_related_offences/illegal_parking.html#MainPar_90323 but do not see such offence.

Where can I find any document or site saying that "Parking opposite continuous white line"is offence?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Since offence of parking alongside double yellow and parking opposite sides of single while line are same, wondering why don't LTA draw double yellow line on the side of the road to be consistent?

post-36445-1345119106_thumb.jpg

It is an offence. That's way there is continuous white line and there is dotted white line. The former is in the absent of double yellow lines and essentially means the same thing...not parking along the road.

Neutral Newbie

Spent over S$ 2K to get license in Singapore but that was many years back .. can't recall every single words in the theory books :D

Neutral Newbie

You drive so long never pass basic theory ? Or you are FT ?

Spent over S$ 2K to get license in Singapore but that was many years back .. can't recall every single words in the theory books biggrin.gif [bigcry]

I can only think of situations where it's a one lane street, where you need yellow lines in place of a white line to denote no parking. In private residential areas, you could have a single yellow line on one side and a double yellow on the other. On bigger roads, a single white line denotes two-way street means the same thing (no parking), where to add double yellow lines would be extra (although also got).

Suggest your colleague should go revise their basic theory again, and don't put the blame on LTA.

Since offence of parking alongside double yellow and parking opposite sides of single while line are same, wondering why don't LTA draw double yellow line on the side of the road to be consistent?

Single white: No parking at all times

Double yellow: No parking and no waiting at all times

Can you see the difference?

Neutral Newbie

I can only think of situations where it's a one lane street, where you need yellow lines in place of a white line to denote no parking. In private residential areas, you could have a single yellow line on one side and a double yellow on the other. On bigger roads, a single white line denotes two-way street means the same thing (no parking), where to add double yellow lines would be extra (although also got).

Suggest your colleague should go revise their basic theory again, and don't put the blame on LTA.

Indeed!

Neutral Newbie

You drive so long never pass basic theory ? Or you are FT ?

I guess even foreigners need to take at least BTT to convert to SG license. BTW, I am not!

I guess the best way to remember is that only 2 types of lines u can park.

1. U can park besides dotted white line

2. U can park along single yellow line from 7pm till 7am.

The rest all will get fined, like that makes it easier :)

Neutral Newbie

TS kenna pawned...haha

who is the joker now?

I am not very familiar with forum acronyms. What does TS mean? :D

↡ Advertisement