Continuous white line Offence!

Lazydala

Turbocharged

I guess the best way to remember is that only 2 types of lines u can park.

1. U can park besides dotted white line

2. U can park along single yellow line from 7pm till 7am.

The rest all will get fined, like that makes it easier :)

just remember simi lj line also cannot park, white, yellow, green, black, police line.... want to park, park in a carpark lot.... and tear coupon.... [:p][laugh]

Yap, I guess you know no parking opp continuous white line liao.

Funny when a TS post a topic asking bout traffic rules/regulations/laws, there will be some idiots who question his or her nationality and ask bout how people passed their test.

Do you guys really memorise every single damn points in your BTT? And refresh yourselves with a new edition every time?

Neutral Newbie

Ya i think he's an FT wif no 'Talent' at all..

Juz another PEST in Singapore!

Watch out what you say!!!. Don't link everything to immigration policy. This forum is for about cars not about politics or what so ever thing. There are tons of forums bashing FT. But do not bring such never-ending and irrelevant topics here.

Nonetheless I am indeed FT or just a tourist or born-bred locally, I will still ask same question that is what this forum for. Hope you guy get it loud and clear. Sick of reading such lowly comments in car forums.

Watch out what you say!!!. Don't link everything to immigration policy. This forum is for about cars not about politics or what so ever thing. There are tons of forums bashing FT. But do not bring such never-ending and irrelevant topics here.

Nonetheless I am indeed FT or just a tourist or born-bred locally, I will still ask same question that is what this forum for. Hope you guy get it loud and clear. Sick of reading such lowly comments in car forums.

just ignore those noise.

in every forum, got ppl who complain about everything. relax and let live. just ignore them.

Got....... if you are parking against the flow of traffic for the side of the road you are parked on, you will get fined even if it was a dotted white line or a solid yellow line during permitted hours.

Even in parallel parking lots park opp flow of traffic will kena......

Even in parallel parking lots park opp flow of traffic will kena......

woots... now then i know this.. must be careful next time when parking in parallel liao :ph34r:

just remember simi lj line also cannot park, white, yellow, green, black, police line.... want to park, park in a carpark lot.... and tear coupon.... [:p][laugh]

Park in lot and put coupon with correct time/date and everything also will kena......parallel lot...park opp direction of traffic flow...

woots... now then i know this.. must be careful next time when parking in parallel liao :ph34r:

ya...bloody hell....ridiculous....every damn thing also will kena...

ya...bloody hell....ridiculous....every damn thing also will kena...

but i think the normally ignore bah.. course last time i see they walk past wont do anything one.

Nowadays damn on, if u temporaary stop and park to buy something, they have chinaman on bicycles to patrol those hot spots..snap your car pic and confirm letter will go to your house...appears they damn desperate to catch you...

Ah yes those. Were new to me till last week. I called up to LTA to complain about two of them. Gave LTA my name and number, then told them I'm a cyclist, and I get flack for other cyclists not following road rules, and to my surprise I saw two cyclists with the LTA enforcement vests cutting across three lanes without due regard for traffic, then turning into a one way street and cycling against the flow of traffic. I then went, if LTA's own officers cannot follow the rules, how do they expect the general public to do so [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Yap, I guess you know no parking opp continuous white line liao.

Funny when a TS post a topic asking bout traffic rules/regulations/laws, there will be some idiots who question his or her nationality and ask bout how people passed their test.

Do you guys really memorise every single damn points in your BTT? And refresh yourselves with a new edition every time?

wat to do . some people in sg too stress liao mah n shallow too not to mention that . so all sorts of nonsense will come out from their bloody mouth .

but i think the normally ignore bah.. course last time i see they walk past wont do anything one.

my car was parallel parked against traffic direction by my wife and when i arrived, there were a few police officers surrounding my car so i approached and ask what happened and they told me it is an offense to park against traffic flow. So i quickly rectified my parking. True story.

my car was parallel parked against traffic direction by my wife and when i arrived, there were a few police officers surrounding my car so i approached and ask what happened and they told me it is an offense to park against traffic flow. So i quickly rectified my parking. True story.

okay... then i am wrong [laugh]

Actually, for a country that have such strict passing requirement for getting licence, we are pretty poor in understanding & applying many rules. In fact a lot of rules in Singapore are pretty universal (meaning applicable in other countries), but ignored or people plainly do not know in Singapore.

I should know, I am one of the kuku. Its only when I drive oversea that I started to realize all the rules I have been ignoring when driving in Singapore. I got a lot of scolding (from passenger), flashing, & even horned in the first few weeks driving oversea. LOL

As mention, parking against flow of traffic is not allow in other 1st world countries as well. You are also not allow to overtake from the outer lane to the inner lane, & inner (for highway) lanes are for overtaking only (unless jam or something), not matter how fast you are driving, once overtake, you have to return to outer lane.

A lot of Singapore colleagues went oversea & get into accidents that my company banned them from driving when they are oversea. As least if you did not follow the rules in Singapore (how many does), do take note & follow strictly when you are oversea.

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

Actually, for a country that have such strict passing requirement for getting licence, we are pretty poor in understanding & applying many rules. In fact a lot of rules in Singapore are pretty universal (meaning applicable in other countries), but ignored or people plainly do not know in Singapore.

I should know, I am one of the kuku. Its only when I drive oversea that I started to realize all the rules I have been ignoring when driving in Singapore. I got a lot of scolding (from passenger), flashing, & even horned in the first few weeks driving oversea. LOL

As mention, parking against flow of traffic is not allow in other 1st world countries as well. You are also not allow to overtake from the outer lane to the inner lane, & inner (for highway) lanes are for overtaking only (unless jam or something), not matter how fast you are driving, once overtake, you have to return to outer lane.

A lot of Singapore colleagues went oversea & get into accidents that my company banned them from driving when they are oversea. As least if you did not follow the rules in Singapore (how many does), do take note & follow strictly when you are oversea.

lolz . i tink is base on personal character bah . bo chap type then got it right on the spot loh . but those who r not ignorant benefits loh . now talking about ignorant . i was juz on tat topic . hm coincidence oh well .

lolz . i tink is base on personal character bah . bo chap type then got it right on the spot loh . but those who r not ignorant benefits loh . now talking about ignorant . i was juz on tat topic . hm coincidence oh well .

To be fair, a lot of these colleagues do not drive in Singapore, & they have to drive on the the side of the road, & our women cannot drive manual or parallel park. In most of Europe, most people drive manual, even for Mercedes, Audi, or BMW.

↡ Advertisement