Golf 1.4 Sport TSI or Astra GTC 1.4 GTC

Lazydala

Neutral Newbie

and Golf haven't stalled on roads before? [laugh]

prease google DSG problems [sly]

I heard that DSG is sports tuned and therefore must be driven like a sports car. Is it true?

My friend says it spoils here in Spore because everyone doesn't drive it hard. Rev up to redline daily?

I heard that DSG is sports tuned and therefore must be driven like a sports car. Is it true?

My friend says it spoils here in Spore because everyone doesn't drive it hard. Rev up to redline daily?

[laugh][laugh] , them my latio 4at also a sport tuned, it didn't spoil with my daily near red line rev....

Opel for me also... golf design is boring...... that water 20horsee different is only on paper, if in a race, skill and ball play a major role...

The 7 speed DSG is dry clutch design. Not sure the problem but could be due to climate. 6 speed is ok.

Actually according to many owners,this 'juggering' only happens after 12-15k Km,even a new gearbox is changed,could it be the dry clutch wear down to a certain thickness,the problem come back.???

Neutral Newbie

Actually according to many owners,this 'juggering' only happens after 12-15k Km,even a new gearbox is changed,could it be the dry clutch wear down to a certain thickness,the problem come back.???

Not sure yet. There are several other problems such as mechatronics, sensor fault etc. There is no unique fault yet but probably will be resolved by VW to narrow down the related issues.

Bros. Opel Commercial - "Triangle Auto" gave up their business and now Opel Commercial vehicles very difficult to get parts too.

Those want cheap van but don't know the Opel problems then will buy Opel make and end-up stalled or foot high bills for repair. (Opel gearbox new around S$ 8K to S$ 10K) and no 2nd hand parts around !!

Edited by Trafficwatch

For Resale value: Golf

For Good Service Support: Astra

For Looks: Astra

For Driving Feel: Unsure [i felt golf is better, maybe is because i drive golf sport longer [laugh] ]

For now, I will go for Astra! [:)]

But the gearbox might be an issue in the long run....

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I find Astra GTC is quite funky and energetic but Golf 1.4 TSI is popular among buyers.

Under the boot, GTC churns out less 20 horeses than its counterpart Golf 1.4 TSI.

There are quite a number of Golfs on the road but find that Astra GTC is hard to spot on.

What are your opinions on these 2 cars?

Would like to hear pros and cons from serious ownership's view.

Of course is golf...interm of resale value..of course vw is better ...more ppl will perfer and easy to sell

What ppl say the gearbox box had problem..if u have warranty ,why need to worry abt gearbox problem..unless when u buy u dont have warranty that u should be worry..

GTC is not popular...only 2 units sold from the agent..that u should worry..

Dont look at the spec wise..i think the golf is still far far better the GTC..

Dont even think abt it..u will regret when u put the deposit...

↡ Advertisement