Who needs a license? Self-driving cars are coming

Darthrevan

Apparently it's going to be really driverless which I thought our conservative authorities would never allow or at least till other cities try it out first on a prolonged basis but they have given the green light n there is also a test centre being built for extensive tests.

Not only is Delphi involved but also local start up nuTonomy with their Mitsubishi i electric cars!

Under car-lite policy, it is necessary to enable share resources.  Going forward, car would be shared resources rather than private goods.

By going driverless, it takes out the constraint of human resources.  I would like to see whether jaywalker or jaycyclist kenna bang or not.

↡ Advertisement

Under car-lite policy, it is necessary to enable share resources.  Going forward, car would be shared resources rather than private goods.

By going driverless, it takes out the constraint of human resources.  I would like to see whether jaywalker or jaycyclist kenna bang or not.

Yes this seems to be the policy now. Just that I find it hard to believe our conservative LTA willing to allow this when they don't even approve remote parking for BMW 7 series or have they allowed? 

• Praise 5

ask transpork ministar to try first ...

i peasant ... scared die one ...  [:p]

He lagi not worries cos medical bill will still come to $8/- niah .... [lipsrsealed]

:XD:

Yes this seems to be the policy now. Just that I find it hard to believe our conservative LTA willing to allow this when they don't even approve remote parking for BMW 7 series or have they allowed

Ask @radx , his beemer everything from A to Z also auto ..... [sly]  

:grin:  :grin:

• Praise 1

Yes this seems to be the policy now. Just that I find it hard to believe our conservative LTA willing to allow this when they don't even approve remote parking for BMW 7 series or have they allowed? 

No idea whether they allowed it or not.  This is still experimental only.  Until it is proven, most will not be allowed.

I saw somewhere that Delphi has been conducting this experiment in Sg for some time already.

Honestly, LTA is not conservative.  A lot of them are pure bureaucrate who do not dare to innovate. 

ask transpork ministar to try first ...

i peasant ... scared die one ...  [:p]

Driverless car you scare die, then driverless train you dont scare die? Lol.

• Praise 1

Driverless car you scare die, then driverless train you dont scare die? Lol.

Actually DTL and NEL are not really driverless ... There is a trained staff on board ...

Supersonic

Train already driverless, so not surprise that cars can also driverless.

Train don't stop bcuz of a broken antenna.

Cars don't stop bcuz of ...?

Too much reliance on technology can make a whole generation stupid. [laugh]

Supercharged

In our generation, we are going to see some radical change of robots being introduced to our workforce.  Global HR experts already been talking alot of robot automation for mundane or routine jobs.  And it will happen sooner than we think. 

In near future, jobs like receptionists, drivers, even bank investment advisers will be obsolete.  So, it looks like our govt is going along this direction as well. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Train don't stop bcuz of a broken antenna.

Cars don't stop bcuz of ...?

Too much reliance on technology can make a whole generation stupid. [laugh]

Car don't stop bcoz of? Ask Tesla la

TS: now I take taxi I also no need license. More important question to ask.. Need COE OR NOT?

Edited by BenTong