Comments on Mazda CX5

Lycanthrope

Message added by kobayashiGT

Give your comments on Mazda CX-5 here!

hyundai and kia suv is more garang, bigger, stylo & mylo and looks more conti than cx-5

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

hyundai and kia suv is more garang, bigger, stylo & mylo and looks more conti than cx-5

Yah, maybe that's the current trend. Seen a lot of Hyundai Tuscon and KIA SUV on road. But personally, I still preferthe CX-5 current design. :)

Just read about the new 2015 CX-5 facelift model. Exterior not much difference except for the grill. Interior, change is the user interface. Looks more like BMW, with the turning knob button.

Actually, I would prefer there is a rear air-con vent and maybe a front sensor. That would be nice... :)

Not too sure if AD will bring in the 2.2 diesel with the ACC and other active safety features. But here's a quick vid on the diff between the current Cx5 and the coming facelift Cx5.

Edited by Dice

The new CX5 facelift looks gorgeous. Have earmarked it. Last checked with Mazda Spore, they have no idea when the new one is coming. But they said to wait for the facelifted Mazda 6 (both sedan & wagon).

• Praise 1

hopefully ... the new CX5 will be much more spacious inside than the current pre facelift version.. felt really tight space and a lttle claustrophobic

hopefully ... the new CX5 will be much more spacious inside than the current pre facelift version.. felt really tight space and a lttle claustrophobic

Found this piece of news from Ozland but its a 2.5 variant.

http://www.motoring.com.au/reviews/2015/medium-passenger/mazda/cx-5/mazda-cx-5-2015-review-49776

"Seating has also been improved with new designs and an increase of 30mm in rear seat cushion length"

Anything bigger, have to get the CX9 lor.

why is there no much comments on CX5, though it's also same class SUV as Qashiqa, Outlander, Harrier, Xtrial etc,

I tested and most impression is its engine response in the beginning stage [thumbsup]

specious is so so, interior decent

• Praise 1

why is there no much comments on CX5, though it's also same class SUV as Qashiqa, Outlander, Harrier, Xtrial etc,

I tested and most impression is its engine response in the beginning stage [thumbsup]

specious is so so, interior decent

no idea..

this cx5 i like alot.. features pretty good imho..

My test drive report done on 08 May 2016 which was shared earlier in Mazda Owners folder -

Here goes, 2016 CX-5 test drive first impression. Drove the 2.0 standard version.

Exterior - very nice new look. Front grill is the obvious difference. No more honey comb grill.

Interior - The standard one not much to shout about. The premium specs has a more plush interior. Very comfy. Good spacing & legroom for driver.

As for the rest of the gadgets, its pretty much the same as with the new M3 & M6. What was wow factor for me is the Electric Park Brake.

Passengers comments also positive. Ample headroom & generous legroom.

Drive - very responsive engine though the steering is not as hard as previous Mazda models. Overtaking cars, the CX--5 was zippy enough for me. Running block off at the traffic lights was fast. A thumbs up good test for me.

Another plus point, which was evident, the engine noise was not so audible. Inside cabin was quiet enough but not totally eliminating the engine sound. Did a couple of hard turns at the roundabout at old airport road, (road leading to paya lebar airbase) the CX-5 handled it well. Body roll was minimal though its quite a tall car.

Overall im pretty pleased with the CX5. The adequate boot space just about concludes my curiosity.

As for the price, (currently at $163,888 premium model, haven't deduct their celebratory promo & whatsnot) Im going to wait for their new promo when the CEVS rebate is not in the equation.

What I cant seem to find is THE Mazda AD who can give me a $6K overtrade for my old wheels. His last offer was for $5K. Anyone can help?

My test drive report done on 08 May 2016 which was shared earlier in Mazda Owners folder -

Here goes, 2016 CX-5 test drive first impression. Drove the 2.0 standard version.

Exterior - very nice new look. Front grill is the obvious difference. No more honey comb grill.

Interior - The standard one not much to shout about. The premium specs has a more plush interior. Very comfy. Good spacing & legroom for driver.

As for the rest of the gadgets, its pretty much the same as with the new M3 & M6. What was wow factor for me is the Electric Park Brake.

Passengers comments also positive. Ample headroom & generous legroom.

Drive - very responsive engine though the steering is not as hard as previous Mazda models. Overtaking cars, the CX--5 was zippy enough for me. Running block off at the traffic lights was fast. A thumbs up good test for me.

Another plus point, which was evident, the engine noise was not so audible. Inside cabin was quiet enough but not totally eliminating the engine sound. Did a couple of hard turns at the roundabout at old airport road, (road leading to paya lebar airbase) the CX-5 handled it well. Body roll was minimal though its quite a tall car.

Overall im pretty pleased with the CX5. The adequate boot space just about concludes my curiosity.

As for the price, (currently at $163,888 premium model, haven't deduct their celebratory promo & whatsnot) Im going to wait for their new promo when the CEVS rebate is not in the equation.

What I cant seem to find is THE Mazda AD who can give me a $6K overtrade for my old wheels. His last offer was for $5K. Anyone can help?

back to the future?

(edited)

back to the future?

HAHAHAHA

Pai seh pai seh. Should be 2015.

Too engrossed in looking forward to the imminent COE drop in 2016.

Edited by gasman

HAHAHAHA

Pai seh pai seh. Should be 2015.

Too engrossed in looking forward to the imminent COE drop in 2016.

LOL...am also looking at the CX5....saw it at the launch last time. Drove a CX7 last time and no regrets!!

LOL...am also looking at the CX5....saw it at the launch last time. Drove a CX7 last time and no regrets!!

CX7 fuel guzzler wor.....

If youre getting the CX5, what's your color choice & why, if I may ask?

CX7 fuel guzzler wor.....

If youre getting the CX5, what's your color choice & why, if I may ask?

jus a change..

because Nissan QQ and Honda Vezel got all the "potential" buyers liao ...

and those who bought BMW X3, VW Tiguan, Audi Q3 would not buy CX-5

Why is the interest of this car so low?? Anyone can comment?

I'm keen on this car though.

Edited by Wt_know

Personally I find madza cars very attractive in terms of appearance and interior, esp madza 3, 6 and cx 5. Cx 5 is a nice suv, but in a market with strong competitors like qashqai, vezel, tucson, sportage, we are all spolit for choices.

because Nissan QQ and Honda Vezel got all the "potential" buyers liao ...

and those who bought BMW X3, VW Tiguan, Audi Q3 would not buy CX-5

What about ex owners of Forrester, Rav4 or CRV?

↡ Advertisement