Comments on Mazda CX5

Lycanthrope

Message added by kobayashiGT

Give your comments on Mazda CX-5 here!

Hi people:)

Nice to start knowing this forum though it can get pretty confusing moving around here. Surprised that there is not as much information on the CX-5 as compared to some car models around. Starting to get a wee bit worried.....

I also hardly see any CX-5 on the roads and even when I did (a couple of times after couple of months..hehe), they were the pre-facelift models, the ones with the honeycomb front grille.

I'm looking for some accessories for the CX-5 like window deflector (visor like how I'd been calling it last time), boot mat/protector, sports rims, etc. But choices seem limited.

Can anyone help?

Thank you:)

↡ Advertisement

I was informed by the sales person at Mazda that they do not carry any sales of Mazda accessories?!

And was asked to make any purchase on my own online?

Edited by X5actor

Neutral Newbie

What I cant seem to find is THE Mazda AD who can give me a $6K overtrade for my old wheels. His last offer was for $5K. Anyone can help?

Hi Gasman...

My recommendation is to sell your current car yourself instead of trying to trade in to AD... I was going to buy 2 cars from them as both my wife and my cars were 7 & 8 years old. The prices offered by Mazda was a rip off... They offered 40k for a 2008 Crossroad and 44K for a 2007 XC90 V8.

I bought my 6 Wagon from the used car market - 3 months old with 2500 km on clock at a much lower price and got 60K for my old volvo (if I sold it on SG Carmart, it should fetch around 65-72K, but i will have to wait). And bought my wife a test-drive CX5 std unit from Trans Eurokar with only 800 km on the clock after selling the crossroad at 44K. (Should fetch ard 50-52K if you posted on SG Carmart and waited).

Moral of the story... dont jump in. Slowly consider all the options. Might not be a bad idea to wait a bit, or look around a bit. For sure, if you have a car to trade in, Mazda might not be the best place to get a good price for it.

Oh yes... AD is not willing to give freebies... so only got basics like window film, reverse sensor. Both sales personnel and service advisor also did not seem to know if there was TPMS on the car, and if so, where are the sensors. (btw.. anyone know if the CX5 std has TPMS? there is a reset button... i am still wondering)

cheers.....

Hi Gasman...

My recommendation is to sell your current car yourself instead of trying to trade in to AD... I was going to buy 2 cars from them as both my wife and my cars were 7 & 8 years old. The prices offered by Mazda was a rip off... They offered 40k for a 2008 Crossroad and 44K for a 2007 XC90 V8.

I bought my 6 Wagon from the used car market - 3 months old with 2500 km on clock at a much lower price and got 60K for my old volvo (if I sold it on SG Carmart, it should fetch around 65-72K, but i will have to wait). And bought my wife a test-drive CX5 std unit from Trans Eurokar with only 800 km on the clock after selling the crossroad at 44K. (Should fetch ard 50-52K if you posted on SG Carmart and waited).

Moral of the story... dont jump in. Slowly consider all the options. Might not be a bad idea to wait a bit, or look around a bit. For sure, if you have a car to trade in, Mazda might not be the best place to get a good price for it.

Oh yes... AD is not willing to give freebies... so only got basics like window film, reverse sensor. Both sales personnel and service advisor also did not seem to know if there was TPMS on the car, and if so, where are the sensors. (btw.. anyone know if the CX5 std has TPMS? there is a reset button... i am still wondering)

cheers.....

Pardon me for being a little amateur here. "TPMS" means "Tyre Pressure Monitoring System", correct? If it is equivalent to the CX-5's "Tyre Deflation Warning System" (TDWS), then yes, all the CX-5 models have this TDWS. It is indicated in the local tech specs brochure.

Hope this helps:)

Not to mention that mazda SEs are not interested in selling car.

The SE who follow me for a test drive was using his hp throughout and laugh when he knew the car I was driving, saying it is hard to get good prize for my continent make.

He is also the only SE that not follow up on the trade in price.

However good the car, I find their service appalling.

I will NEVER EVER buy a new mazda. Sadly, they have been selling many cars despite their poor service.

Personally I find madza cars very attractive in terms of appearance and interior, esp madza 3, 6 and cx 5. Cx 5 is a nice suv, but in a market with strong competitors like qashqai, vezel, tucson, sportage, we are all spolit for choices.

Edited by Pioneer

Not to mention that mazda SEs are not interested in selling car.

The SE who follow me for a test drive was using his hp throughout and laugh when he knew the car I was driving, saying it is hard to get good prize for my continent make.

He is also the only SE that not follow up on the trade in price.

However good the car, I find their service appalling.

I will NEVER EVER buy a new mazda. Sadly, they have been selling many cars despite their poor service.

woah..... I think let's not use "one bamboo pole and wack everyone down" (Chinese idiom which means condemn the whole village just because of one bad fella)... correct me if I am wrong..... (I'm not related to any employee of the company)

If your decision of not buying a particular car brand is solely because of one less professional sales exec (SE) who attended to you, then I think it is not right. It'll be good if you can feedback this to the management so that that SE who may be advised improve and do better for the next customers.

Now, this begs my next question. If you did a test-drive on a car thru' a SE and realized that the SE lacked good service and you wish to change another SE for your purchase. Can or should you do that?

Neutral Newbie

Pardon me for being a little amateur here. "TPMS" means "Tyre Pressure Monitoring System", correct? If it is equivalent to the CX-5's "Tyre Deflation Warning System" (TDWS), then yes, all the CX-5 models have this TDWS. It is indicated in the local tech specs brochure.

Hope this helps:)

Hi X5actor

Thanks for the confirmation of this. I see the button to reset the system too... but what I wanted to ask and find out was this... are there any sensors fitted inside the sports rims that does this deflation or pressure monitoring. Reason was this: I was going to trade the rims/tires in to a tire shop and put on my 6 Wagon's 19" rims. Also wanted to find out how the system worked since I did not find any sensor after we stripped the tires off the rim. (a wasted time as both tires and rims were traded in, but to find out, we had to deflate and dismount the tire at least partially to check the inside to be sure.)

would you be able to enlighten on how this TDWS works? Really won't want to wait till i have a flat or deflated tire to find out if it works or not. Hahaha

Thanks in advance.

Cheers [:)]

Edited by Ccx2

Hi X5actor

Thanks for the confirmation of this. I see the button to reset the system too... but what I wanted to ask and find out was this... are there any sensors fitted inside the sports rims that does this deflation or pressure monitoring. Reason was this: I was going to trade the rims/tires in to a tire shop and put on my 6 Wagon's 19" rims. Also wanted to find out how the system worked since I did not find any sensor after we stripped the tires off the rim. (a wasted time as both tires and rims were traded in, but to find out, we had to deflate and dismount the tire at least partially to check the inside to be sure.)

would you be able to enlighten on how this TDWS works? Really won't want to wait till i have a flat or deflated tire to find out if it works or not. Hahaha

Thanks in advance.

If I'm not wrong, how the TDWS works is basically taking information from the ABS system to "calculate" the rpm of the tires. If the tires get deflated by a large amount, the number of revolutions per minute will drop significantly and there you get your warning.

Hi X5actor

Thanks in advance.

Woah.. I wish I could help. Maybe an expert here can enlighten us all?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Ownage. Appreciate the info.

Maybe this weekend, I will go deflate one tire and see what happens. NOT... wear out or even destroy perfectly good tires, or even maybe the rims. Hahaha

• Praise 1

Unfortunately, it is not an isolated matter.

I was at the showroom and no one really wanted to serve me. They were chatting with one another. The guy at the counter did try to ask SEs to serve me but they were pushing me around.

None of the SEs were serving anyone, just behind their laptops.

woah..... I think let's not use "one bamboo pole and wack everyone down" (Chinese idiom which means condemn the whole village just because of one bad fella)... correct me if I am wrong..... (I'm not related to any employee of the company)

If your decision of not buying a particular car brand is solely because of one less professional sales exec (SE) who attended to you, then I think it is not right. It'll be good if you can feedback this to the management so that that SE who may be advised improve and do better for the next customers.

Now, this begs my next question. If you did a test-drive on a car thru' a SE and realized that the SE lacked good service and you wish to change another SE for your purchase. Can or should you do that?

Thanks Ownage. Appreciate the info.

Maybe this weekend, I will go deflate one tire and see what happens. NOT... wear out or even destroy perfectly good tires, or even maybe the rims. Hahaha

You will probably have the deflate it significantly & be moving on the road, as the system needs to calculate the RPM of the tires, for the warning to appear (which I wouldn't recommend).

Just an example, if the preset pressure is 250kPa (and hence a certain RPM at a given speed), I think the change in RPM must be something like >20% (example only) for the TDWS to alert you.

• Praise 1

I was at the showroom and no one really wanted to serve me. They were chatting with one another. The guy at the counter did try to ask SEs to serve me but they were pushing me around.

at ubi huh?

I'm surprised at that. Which Mazda showroom did you go to? Ubi or Leng Kee? I recently went down to find my SE at Ubi and upon entering, 2 SEs (one after another of course) approached me and asked if I was looking for someone or needed any help.

I went to LK.

I'm surprised at that. Which Mazda showroom did you go to? Ubi or Leng Kee? I recently went down to find my SE at Ubi and upon entering, 2 SEs (one after another of course) approached me and asked if I was looking for someone or needed any help.

Haha.. I am approaching late 30s.

Maybe I was in tshirt and sport shorts after gym. Anyway is their loss. I bought a forester xt instead.

Sorry to hear that dude.

I remember many years ago when i just started work (around 20plus years old), i went to Hyundai showroom and nobody wanted to serve me and waste a turn. [bigcry]

• Praise 1

See luck also. I go in tee shirt berm red sneakers. Hip hop also. The se who served me best. My money easy to earn. Lol

Luckily for me his follow up svc is v good

↡ Advertisement