Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Manual Nissan Sunny

Coe left 6 months.

2nd owner. Transfered from my father.

Serviced at Tan Chong all the way.

Hand over date can be mid Nov. Will pay for Road tax.

Any suggestions if I should sell or scrap it?

↡ Advertisement

May I know Honda airwave body value how much? To scrap in early dec.

$150 top max

I had a friend help me with the de-reg of my Oddyssey RB 2 recently.

The guy came by to pick up the car the day before it was due to be scrapped.

Got 350 for it.

In addition to the PARF rebate, also got 4 bucks for un-used road tax. And 3 bucks for in-used COE.

Oh well, better than nothing.

PB

Did they pay you full paper? Or you have to go encash urself?

Manual Nissan Sunny

Coe left 6 months.

2nd owner. Transfered from my father.

Serviced at Tan Chong all the way.

Hand over date can be mid Nov. Will pay for Road tax.

Any suggestions if I should sell or scrap it?

Body is $250

Edited by cmcex
  • Praise 1

MITSUBISHI LANCER 1.6 Auto/Manual Body Wanted

LANCER 1.6 AUTO $500

LANCER 1.6 MANUAL $400

(subject to condition)

Buy complete with FULL PAPER REBATE!

SMS : 9-7-7-4-1.1.5.7

Edited by cmcex

Can I ask a question?

Why is that many bread and butter cars that just renewed their Coe cost so much?

For example, a vios that just renewed Coe. Take Coe to be 50k.

They can sell for much higher.

I thought it should just be the cost of the Coe plus the body value? Body value shouldn't be more than 2k

Can I ask a question?

Why is that many bread and butter cars that just renewed their Coe cost so much?

I thought it should just be the cost of the Coe plus the body value? Body value shouldn't be more than 2k

Yes. I thought that was funny as well. Awaiting to see if there are more old birds who can reply. 

They factored in the parf value they sacrifice in their cost plus a certain margin. There might be a market demand as it is still relatively cheaper compared to second hand cars based on depreciation.

• Praise 1

Can I ask a question?

Anyone?

They factored in the parf value they sacrifice in their cost plus a certain margin. There might be a market demand as it is still relatively cheaper compared to second hand cars based on depreciation.

Then why when you sell just 1 week before Coe is up, all this not taken into account?

Anyone?

Then why when you sell just 1 week before Coe is up, all this not taken into account?

Whyv shoukd they pay more than scrap b4 one week? There are risk to take for renewal amd huge cash involved.

They charge more cos Part of it comes from the loan service they provide.if you look, there are some which is not due yet but the dealer is selling as though the coe is already renewed. If there is buyer, they can renew for the buyer and extend their loan credit to the buyer. If not, they may just scrap, esp if the car model is not so popular.

Edited by Hosaybo

Can I ask a question?

Hey, I have a suggestion, you renew a Vios for 10yrs first, I buy from you COE residual + 2000.

PM me when you have renewed the vehicle, in fact I can go to LTA renew for you :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my Nissan Cefiro 230 COE due March 26, 2017. One owner and all services done by TC. Mileage done is 170K+. Planning to scrap in December. Any offer please PM me.

Hey, I have a suggestion, you renew a Vios for 10yrs first, I buy from you COE residual + 2000.

PM me when you have renewed the vehicle, in fact I can go to LTA renew for you :)

The reason he is making these statements shows that he did not read enough and do sufficient research to understand the situation . Edited by Ct3833