Boss jailed for dumping dying worker by roadside

Tigershark1976

KNN.... this guy should be hang.... isnt that consider murder case liao??? 3 months jail for leaving his dying foreign worker by the side of the road (and indirectly caused his death) ??? I didnt know that a FW life could be so cheap!!!

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...821-366640.html

SINGAPORE - The employer who left his dying foreign worker by the side of the road in 2010 was jailed three months on Tuesday.

The Straits Times reported that Tay Kok Eng, 56, was also sentenced to an additional six months for hiring the same worker, who was an illegal immigrant, from August 2009 to March 2010.

Tay, the owner of Midas Maintenance and Services, also faced a $12,000 fine for failing to ensure the safety of his employee.

The worker, Chelladurai Lenin, 47, was changing the ceiling lights of a condominium lobby located Seraya Road on Mar 30, 2010 when he met with an accident.

He fell 2.8m from an unstable ladder and sustained injuries to his head and leg.

Tay offered to send Lenin to the hospital but the latter refused as he not have a legal work permit.

Tay drove him to a clinic in Tampines and Lenin started to lose consciousness. The doctor advised him to visit the hospital immediately.

However, Tay called Lenin's friend, whose identity is unknown, and they brought him to a clinic in Hougang instead.

At the clinic, the doctor also advised Tay to bring him to the hospital.

On the journey to Changi, Lenin's friend dumped him on the pavement and called 995.

Tay told the operator that they had found an injured man lying along Upper Changi Road East.

Paramedics arrived and found the Indian national dead.

↡ Advertisement

Wtf, jailed 6 months for hiring illegal, but only kEna 3 for leaving his worker to die.

What rule is this?

What happen to justice. Kinda kelong law we have. It's time to amend this kind of lemon law leh

Wtf, jailed 6 months for hiring illegal, but only kEna 3 for leaving his worker to die.

What rule is this?

What happen to justice. Kinda kelong law we have. It's time to amend this kind of lemon law leh

haiz... what to do?? hiring illegalworker means cheat gov money (levy)..... very serious offence....

leaving his worker to die?? Just 1 FW, not worth much, thus lighter penalty.

Guess thats how the law works here.... [shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead]

What rule is this?

Yalor, when I read that, I read it again for 2 more times just to confirm... really wtf....

That's why till today I still don't understand how they derived sentences when comes to crime...

Hianz.... So much of the current world we are staying in now.

That's why till today I still don't understand how they derived sentences when comes to crime...

Are u questioning the judge's capability?.. later, someone will pull out some old case as an example and said it's inline with the punishment blablabla hor....

Are u questioning the judge's capability?.. later, someone will pull out some old case as an example and said it's inline with the punishment blablabla hor....

Thats only use as satistics in certain session.... -_-

like I said.... cheat Gov money is the most serious offence in SG. Other than that.... [;)] [;)] [;)]

I give him the benefit of the doubt coz after all he's just a contractor and not a doctor. If he had knew what was coming I think he would not had think twice and sent the injured worker to the hospital.

Ppl do make mistakes and I think he dun feel good that his worker had died. Somemore he got to live with it for the rest of his life. To me that is enough punishment. He shouldn't have hired illegal immigrants just to save a lot of bucks(levy & insurance). Foolish.

I give him the benefit of the doubt coz after all he's just a contractor and not a doctor. If he had knew what was coming I think he would not had think twice and sent the injured worker to the hospital.

Ppl do make mistakes and I think he dun feel good that his worker had died. Somemore he got to live with it for the rest of his life. To me that is enough punishment. He shouldn't have hired illegal immigrants just to save a lot of bucks(levy & insurance). Foolish.

Very difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt.

From the newspaper, the worker fell down and injured at ard 3:30pm.

The contractor left the injured worker by the road side at around 9:30 pm.

From 3:30 pm to 9:30pm, total of 6 hours without medical attention. That poor worker

maybe able to survive if he was sent to hospital within 30 minutes. [smallcry]

(edited)

no hard feeling for me to quote this example bro... if the indian guy is your father.... would you still give him the benefit of the doubt?? :huh: :huh:

Edited by Tigershark1976

6 hours passed and he decided to throw the deceased at the roadside. You think this warrants some benefit of the doubt? C'mon, where is your usual dose of reality check?

↡ Advertisement