Teacher vs Parents = Police Report!!

Jman888

the teacher in fact having all the good intention, my wife almost go get a pair of new shoe for my kid before that day as his shoe was quite dirty (no spare!), but then i said, they won't look so far down [laugh] [laugh]

Actually I don't feel that the teacher was trying to punish the boy or being harsh and words just got twisted between what was said and what's reported.

I felt that the teacher in her good intentions told the boy that he need to be presentable in the Oral Exam, else marks might get deducted.

And this was on the day of the examination itself as given ample warning, the boy still did not turn up presentable (per the school's requirement) and the teacher did not wanted the boy's grade to be affected, so no choice, last minute trimming.

↡ Advertisement

And the stupid Principal criticised the teacher for not issuing the letter a day earlier.

No lah, that principal that made the comment about issuing the letter late was not from Unity Primary School but from another all-boys school.

Still, it doesn't negate the fact that the principal of the teacher should standby and back up the teacher. Rules are rules and who cares if the haircut is $6 or $60.

Turbocharged

and IIRC, the teacher herself cannot deduct marks as she is not the examiners for PSLE oral should be 2 teachers from other schools.

dyslexia mean is forgetful meh??

[shakehead] lousy parent, creating excuse for their children.

Don't know leh.

When the TNP reporter was at their home, the mum was complaining that "no warning" was given and at that point, the boy sheepishly went into his room and produce the letter. The mum then chided her son but simply brush off and said dyslexia can cause forgetfulness. Stupid excuse!!!

Don't know leh.

When the TNP reporter was at their home, the mum was complaining that "no warning" was given and at that point, the boy sheepishly went into his room and produce the letter. The mum then chided her son but simply brush off and said dyslexia can cause forgetfulness. Stupid excuse!!!

if there is no official diagnosis of dyslexia, is she cursing her own kid? [shakehead] [shakehead]

It is also a fact that if the school deems a student to be in improper attire, it can bar the student from taking an exam. This rule applies from primary schools all the way to universities.

Anyway, looking at that boy's picture, I doubt he's an angel and for that matter, neither is his mother. Things like this cause kids to learn that they can simply excuse away their actions and expect the world to eat their BS. Then they enter the army. Lucky for the guys. For the girls, oh well. Would like to see him pull that same crap on his CSM when he inevitably books in late and claim that the MRT broke down.

Edited by Requiemdk

It is also a fact that if the school deems a student to be in improper attire, it can bar the student from taking an exam. This rule applies from primary schools all the way to universities.

Anyway, looking at that boy's picture, I doubt he's an angel and for that matter, neither is his mother.

maybe the mother rather sch bar the boy from taking his oral exam than to waste the $60 haircut :ph34r:

Tink if e son's results turned out flying colours, e mum will tell e teacher to cut his hair regularly liao....if otherwise, sure dragon n lion n Phoenix all chun pattern....e hair-raising type.

Teacher abit impatient and chose wrong time and day to cut hair....unless she can outdo the $68 haircut.

The boy shd hv told $68 hairdresser to give him botak look, no issue of forgetfulness.

The mum shd knw when own son needed a haircut....if each time only $5 and not $68, can cut every mth liao and dun waste taxpayers money with police report.

Understand e hairy-frying issues but hey, e boy will forget e incident as quickly as that warning letter, e teacher confirmed cannot make it as hairdresser and mum will now open eyes big big to ensure $68 haircut well maintained.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

Don't know leh.

in short, the boy feel so paiseh got such a kuku parents.. haircut nia go police [shakehead]

Last time if I let my parents know that I was punished in school, the first thing I get from them is not hugs or kisses but another round of whacking. Thereafter, they will then ask for the reason. If i'm at fault, it's another third round of whacking by them. If I'm not really at fault, it will still be my fault cos the teacher would HAVE a reason for punishing me.

That was how I was brought up and hey, I didn't turn out that bad. Kids are juz too sheltered nowadays

Edited by Altivo

in short, the boy feel so paiseh got such a kuku parents.. haircut nia go police [shakehead]

And I think the mata who took down her statement must be trying his best not to laugh at the mum. [laugh]

School diary got state acceptable hair length leh

this is the boy

was the pix after the teacher's free haircut....?

With the current info available, i support the teacher. I detest the mother and principal.

To the man on the street, i think there needs to be some basic discipline and respect instilled to kids in school.

A teacher is a role model that imparts value to the young generation.

If haircut is a personal expression that is very important, so be it, the mother can outline her priority or share her pov.

1. Is there any school rules on hairstyle, e.g. cannot touch ears for guys?...

2. Does the kid value the warning letter?

3. Is there any past discipline problem/ issue with this student?

4. Are there any past complaints on the teaching style of the teacher?

5. What is the principal's experience, career promotion history? Helicopter ? scholar?

6. Who is/are the arrogant party in this saga.

7. Why police is involved? I seriously think that is uncalled for. The mother needs to explain.

wah..... you CID/CPIB or other govt dept? :huh: :huh:

With the current info available, i support the teacher. I detest the mother and principal.

To the man on the street, i think there needs to be some basic discipline and respect instilled to kids in school.

A teacher is a role model that imparts value to the young generation.

If haircut is a personal expression that is very important, so be it, the mother can outline her priority or share her pov.

1. Is there any school rules on hairstyle, e.g. cannot touch ears for guys?...

2. Does the kid value the warning letter?

3. Is there any past discipline problem/ issue with this student?

4. Are there any past complaints on the teaching style of the teacher?

5. What is the principal's experience, career promotion history? Helicopter ? scholar?

6. Who is/are the arrogant party in this saga.

7. Why police is involved? I seriously think that is uncalled for. The mother needs to explain.