National Day Rally. What are your thoughts?

Donut

Priority for hdb for couples with kids and paternity leave, both could be helpful..

Don't understand how useful is medisave for kids, coz it;s our own pocket money after all..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I like the idea of giving priority to couples who have kids to purchase HDB flats. It does make sense...those who have kids need the flat more.

Some couples may not like that, but for quickly getting a flat, I think they will do it.

Also for those who are singles, seems like he is hinting that they too could buy new HDB soon instead of just the resale market. Good news for singles and at the same time, moderate down resale prices.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

I like the idea of giving priority to couples who have kids to purchase HDB flats. It does make sense...those who have kids need the flat more.

Some couples may not like that, but for quickly getting a flat, I think they will do it.

However, for those who are singles, seems like he is hinting that they too could buy new HDB soon instead of just the resale market. Good news for singles.

Yes I support this initiative of couple with kids. It's a real need and HDB has the power to do it

I like PM for very brave to correct people wrong mindset and attitudes in 1 part of his speech.

&

I also like PM quote " nothing comes from heaven"

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I like PM for very brave to correct people wrong mindset and attitudes in 1 part of his speech.

&

Totally agree. Nothing is free. Something need to be pay for another thing.

I kind of like this year's Rally. More real, more down to earth.

I sense the garment is waking up to listen to the people's woes

I too, like some of the points touched. Apart from those mentioned in earlier post. I also like the part about being more big hearted to not just foreigners but also towards fellow Singaporeans eg. among neighbours, etc.

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Priority for hdb for couples with kids and paternity leave, both could be helpful..

Don't understand how useful is medisave for kids, coz it;s our own pocket money after all..

Maybe they will put $$ into the kids' medisave accounts? Match $1 to $1 from the parents?

Ohhhh...how thoughtful.

But when it reminds me that they have a motive behind this I can hardly give a damn....that's me. If you are touched by those words...well, what can I say?

• Praise 1

There are a percentage of babies born with complications, or are impaired with complications soon after delivery. The medical costs can hit up to hundreds of thousands. As private insurers will never insure newborns with condition, it is non-claimable.

New policies seem to include measures brought up to encompass such sad cases with medisave medishield, and this will help prevent moral families from plunging into financial dispair

Give credit when it's due.

The post election government has done well this time, much better in fact.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

A lot of stuff will only take place not this year

Most before 2020

Same thing year after year

With a few things added in

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Most of it were good..except for the portions which said Singaporeans were nasty in their online posts abt FTs..we are ... at fault again..not the FTs' fault... [bigcry]

I've always like watching the N Day rallies, this year no different. I like the PM, on/off bitching aside. But yeah, implementation is the key. Like Punggol development, talk talk talk for years then do.

&

His father famous quote is "Nothing is free in this World". Both quotes carry the same meaning.

↡ Advertisement