National Day Rally. What are your thoughts?

Donut

Supercharged

Absolutely nothing for the sandwich generation who have to look after elderly parents? My family is not poor enough (monthly income less than $2200) to get any subsidy but we are not rich. My mother has been bedridden since she suffered a stroke 2 years ago and we have had to hire 2 domestic workers to look after her. Do not want to place her in a nursing home. Dad is also getting on in years and cannot help out much.

The drain on finances is no joke and yet garment wants to increase taxes to fund all the other "goodies".. people like me will suffer.

It has been like that all the time. They always neglect the sandwich class, aka middle-income group. They only looked after the lower income or the super-rich! [:(]

↡ Advertisement

So what happens when 2 singles both bought a BTO flat and marries? They get to owned 2 flats in separate name??? :o

when you married, one of you need to give up lah, you think they stupid! :huh:

There are a percentage of babies born with complications, or are impaired with complications soon after delivery. The medical costs can hit up to hundreds of thousands. As private insurers will never insure newborns with condition, it is non-claimable.

New policies seem to include measures brought up to encompass such sad cases with medisave medishield, and this will help prevent moral families from plunging into financial dispair

Give credit when it's due.

The post election government has done well this time, much better in fact.

Dear all Bros, from what i was given to understand, prudential has a policy to insure the wife and unborn kid from brith complications. i was given to understand that prudential is on the only one offering this. if i am not wrong, the wife needs to a have a life plicy first before can buy this birth policy. i aint with prudential but if i say worngly, pls correct me! [grouphug]

You guys seriously think he will reverse the immigration policy? If he decreased the foreigner number in sg, the economy will shrink, and no PM will allow that. They are addicted to GDP growth.

True, they are not only addicted to GDP growth but they only care for their GDP growth. No way they will reverse, reduce or stop their immigration policy.

Absolutely nothing for the sandwich generation who have to look after elderly parents? My family is not poor enough (monthly income less than $2200) to get any subsidy but we are not rich. My mother has been bedridden since she suffered a stroke 2 years ago and we have had to hire 2 domestic workers to look after her. Do not want to place her in a nursing home. Dad is also getting on in years and cannot help out much.

The drain on finances is no joke and yet garment wants to increase taxes to fund all the other "goodies".. people like me will suffer.

nabei lah!!!! if they dont put our farking marnie in what youth orlanpic or rename what fark place excercise, need to up tax meh?!?!? [mad]

Edited by Mustank

Supercharged

sorry to ask this, always in my mind.

any idea how long is the term for PM?

5 years like our president?

sorry to ask this, always in my mind.

any idea how long is the term for PM?

5 years like our president?

until young one ready

True, they are not only addicted to GDP growth but they only care for their GDP growth. No way they will reverse, reduce or stop their immigration policy.

Another reason.... they need to increase their ever decreasing support.. last election.. 1 new citizen = 1 new vote mah...... 30k new citizen... 30k new vote.. hahhaha

So we must openly support the government... but when election..... we can do a fast stunt..... hahah

Turbocharged

1) I'm disappointed that PM Lee didn't address the widening income gap.

2) He didn't address fully Immigration policy. Yes yes we heard that Government going to moderate. What about reversing that policy.

3) Since he didn't address the 2nd issue, the other issue, overcrowding, high property prices, high COE and car prices, strain on public transport, health care sector that got to do with the 2nd issue remain unresolved. Like he said it will take years (building more MRT line, built more hospital... etc etc)

4) How hard he try to exonerate the immigration policy (ie it is good for Singapore etc), Singaporean won't accept it fully...

about reversing too much immigrants... can they do it like COE? issue too much, need to moderate then reduce [:p]

actually, for immigration policies.. Lee needs to study what other countries have done.

for example, australia and new zealand. they have specific sets of guidelines that rules what skillset is needed, and these get updated and reviewed twice yearly to make sure they are relevant.

i got a friend whose skillset used to be in that demand list, then one year after he applied, got removed from that list.. 4 years already.. and he's still waiting long long :wacko:

before hiring foreigners, companies must justify themselves before hiring, and i was told this is very difficult to get approval.

this is to make sure locals are considered first.

they also have 'integration' programmes that assist qualified new immigrants settle.

lao peh lao bu ah gong ah mah of new immigrants cannot get their PR that easily.. usually at least 10yr or more wait.. got to pay some 100k(?) deposit

importantly, locals are never asked to compromise and repent themselves to embrace new immigrants, but this is a fine line.. cos it may also relate to racism, which is supposedly illegal.

in other words, they also open their legs, but use contraceptives to prevent STD. we didn't.. and we tio cauliflower [laugh]

yup, those rejected flats .... -_-

or areas in Juring West Extension, few takers... :blink:

few taker meh?? i try before. ballot till high number.

my god.. which mean it will be sometime again..

if not why you think someone didnt choose to become President instead at founding days. :D

Turbocharged

about reversing too much immigrants... can they do it like COE? issue too much, need to moderate then reduce [:p]

actually, for immigration policies.. Lee needs to study what other countries have done.

for example, australia and new zealand. they have specific sets of guidelines that rules what skillset is needed, and these get updated and reviewed twice yearly to make sure they are relevant.

i got a friend whose skillset used to be in that demand list, then one year after he applied, got removed from that list.. 4 years already.. and he's still waiting long long :wacko:

before hiring foreigners, companies must justify themselves before hiring, and i was told this is very difficult to get approval.

this is to make sure locals are considered first.

they also have 'integration' programmes that assist qualified new immigrants settle.

lao peh lao bu ah gong ah mah of new immigrants cannot get their PR that easily.. usually at least 10yr or more wait.. got to pay some 100k(?) deposit

importantly, locals are never asked to compromise and repent themselves to embrace new immigrants, but this is a fine line.. cos it may also relate to racism, which is supposedly illegal.

in other words, they also open their legs, but use contraceptives to prevent STD. we didn't.. and we tio cauliflower [laugh]

Country size different.....we do the above and no MNCs will want to come here.

Singapore has no natural resources, and an extremely small talent pool. To be honest, there is really nothing to draw foreign companies to invest and create jobs here, if it is not for the very friendly business environment, which includes the ease of getting foreign labours in addition to the limited local pool.

This is funny. :D Too bad so far dont think our garment see it this way?!

Edited by 13177

Country size different.....we do the above and no MNCs will want to come here.

Singapore has no natural resources, and an extremely small talent pool. To be honest, there is really nothing to draw foreign companies to invest and create jobs here, if it is not for the very friendly business environment, which includes the ease of getting foreign labours in addition to the limited local pool.

+1.When these MNCs moves away,more jobs will be lost.

↡ Advertisement