National Day Rally. What are your thoughts?

Donut

Supercharged

Er ... that like we are discouraging married ? :huh:

If the singles are truly serious to settle down as a couple, then they should gave up their flats and buy a bigger one together, joint names.

If they still wanna keep their singles flat, then better remain as single!

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

sorry to ask this, always in my mind.

any idea how long is the term for PM?

5 years like our president?

Another way to change PM is to change the party's majority seats in Parliament. If not the term for PM will go on and on until a successor takes over

Turbocharged

Country size different.....we do the above and no MNCs will want to come here.

Singapore has no natural resources, and an extremely small talent pool. To be honest, there is really nothing to draw foreign companies to invest and create jobs here, if it is not for the very friendly business environment, which includes the ease of getting foreign labours in addition to the limited local pool.

the question is whether talent or trash.

the former has been abused, and a lot of the latter have been let in instead

i have seen a fair number of real talents, but even greater number of trash.

the former ones are able to win new business and contracts for the company, train us up to their level of expertise and broader mindset; whereas the latter are opposite.. and are the ones we don't want... the 'cauliflower' i refer to [laugh]

I foresee GST and maybe income tax to increase?

Prob GST than income tax.......they have been harping that HK is beri competitive and has slightly lower income tax, so don't think they will increase it.......

the former ones are able to win new business and contracts for the company, train us up to their level of expertise and broader mindset; whereas the latter are opposite.. and are the ones we don't want... the 'cauliflower' i refer to [laugh]

Agreed, i have nothing against the immigration policies if they are really taking in the real talent, and not just allowing any ah hua or ah beng on the street to come in. Seems like now the immigration policies has now become towards quantity than quality.

Edited by 13177

Tax will increase. Should be GST to 10%?

I dun mind paying 10% GST but must tell me why increase by 3% and what will they be used for... If more is channelled to medical and social well being why not...but to increase ministerial salary to another record high...hmmm... NO!

Missed the rally. Anywhere to watch again?

not sure if anyone posted already..

here you go, follow this link got more including other languages.

not sure if this works

I dun mind paying 10% GST but must tell me why increase by 3% and what will they be used for... If more is channelled to medical and social well being why not...but to increase ministerial salary to another record high...hmmm... NO!

The 10% GST is a reality sooner or later. Frankly speaking, 10% is easier to calculate than 7%.

They would have increase few years back if not for the downturn and sensing the resentment of the citizens.

The 10% GST is a reality sooner or later. Frankly speaking, 10% is easier to calculate than 7%.

They would have increase few years back if not for the downturn and sensing the resentment of the citizens.

maybe not 10% in 1 shot la..

start with 8% first, then 9%, then 10%

i believe tharman said no gst hike until 2016. This is probably planned after the next GE.

maybe not 10% in 1 shot la..

start with 8% first, then 9%, then 10%

No way. It was from 3% to 5% to 7%. Finally, it will become 10%.

PM Lee already said tax has to increase to pay for social spending.

Even they tell you where the money channelled to, but how you know they really do it?! -_-

Supercharged

Even they tell you where the money channelled to, but how you know they really do it?! -_-

You have to trust them to do it. Otherwise, don't vote for them. [:/]

Turbocharged

To be fair, they have tighten the criteria these days.

Ask your HR, it is very hard to get S-pass or E-pass approval these days.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement