National Day Rally. What are your thoughts?

Donut

announced going to up tax even before the increase in social spending is rolled out [:(]

i tot the matter on personal tax increment could be done better.

eg: " if health care cost increase, the govt till then will need to increase tax proportionately.

But you all should start leading a healtier life,

thus keeping cost managable,

so that tax rate can be unchange or even decrease. Jia You ar...."

same statement, same contect, sounds better right?

↡ Advertisement

priority for parents with kids to HDB is a good one.

but unfair, to those who have waited... (many)

thus, to be leve, i say,

1) parents with kids* with HDB, one time special baby bonus $x

2) parents with kids* without HDB, one time special baby bonus $(x/2)

and x2 chance in HDB balloting

kids = child less than x yrs old

(this we need the statistician to prove when HDB prices starts going up and waiting time starts getting longer.

if start from 2005, then kids = 7 yr old and below)

my suggested cut-off.

it was 3% to 4% first before going 5%

Don't think they will stagger it out as I rem the garment said that a lot of merchants complained about having to re-program their system every time the GST increases.......so may be it'll be a 2-3% increase instead of 1%.........reasons given will be like 'helping the poor'........ [laugh]

There was one part PM said revenue from vehicle COE was not even a quarter of other revenue. I think he wanted the audience to laugh at this point, but no one did. After a pause, he continued.

Maybe alot in the audience also TL.

There was one part PM said revenue from vehicle COE was not even a quarter of other revenue. I think he wanted the audience to laugh at this point, but no one did. After a pause, he continued.

Maybe alot in the audience also TL.

Or maybe he waiting to see if someone going to throw a shoe up.......just like George Bush in Afghanistan press conference.......... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Or maybe he waiting to see if someone going to throw a shoe up.......just like George Bush in Afghanistan press conference.......... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

not likely....those who gets invited there are kar ki lang.

All are Kar Ki Lang, RC & Grassroots. Even he say increase GST to 100%, all the people will still clap hand. playing the same old record, every year

Was not expecting to get anything out of this rally speech, so didn't watch. Thought the Arsenal match would be more interesting, knn end up 0-0. What a waste of time! [bigcry]

Absolutely nothing for the sandwich generation who have to look after elderly parents? My family is not poor enough (monthly income less than $2200) to get any subsidy but we are not rich. My mother has been bedridden since she suffered a stroke 2 years ago and we have had to hire 2 domestic workers to look after her. Do not want to place her in a nursing home. Dad is also getting on in years and cannot help out much.

The drain on finances is no joke and yet garment wants to increase taxes to fund all the other "goodies".. people like me will suffer.

Did you try to approach your MP for help? I am sure there will be some kind of assistance for your case. Monthly income of 2.2k is consider low in today's context plus the additional burden... [sweatdrop]

Good to know that you are one filial son/daughter who put your parent's welfare at a high priority! [thumbsup]

No way. It was from 3% to 5% to 7%. Finally, it will become 10%.

PM Lee already said tax has to increase to pay for social spending.

Increase to pay for social spending?like that means there is more and more ppl getting poor or bankrupt in sgp??

Why don't they just admit it's for the billions lost by t**asek?

Wan more reasonable price for HDB(cos too high)....

GST all tat wanna grow or wat still lan lan had to accept it, so long HDB price dun gow up too much.... [laugh]

Edited by Rezorn86

During the part when the PM said they would say yes to (long) paternity leave ( to encourage babies ), the camera zoomed into one lady in the audience. She was clapping harder than most and cheering like strike toto.

Where's she from? NTUC, union or wanna get pregnant.

Edited by Camrysfa

Did you try to approach your MP for help? I am sure there will be some kind of assistance for your case. Monthly income of 2.2k is consider low in today's context plus the additional burden... [sweatdrop]

Good to know that you are one filial son/daughter who put your parent's welfare at a high priority! [thumbsup]

Income of 2.2K is gross or take home? [:/] I believe it depends on your expenses and commitments, i dont think any amount of salary is enough for anyone. [:p]

Not always true.

Having the quota is good, but they still scanned through the applications.

Even S-pass employees who has work here for many years still get rejected in their S-pass renewal. We are not even talking about new applications.

Ask your HR and they will tell you the headaches.

My HR always tell me no quota, that's why applications got rejected. But for renewal of passes, so far all got approved lo. Even the worker's spouse dependent pass also quite easy to get approved.

Lhl talk about changes to President election in the national day rally 2016. This coming election only malay to contest? He said need to give minority a chance to go into PE, so need to take turn to change to different race each PE. Tony tan is the current President and last PE is an Indian, so this coming PE only allow malay to contest for PE?

Edited by Yewheng

Lhl talk about changes to President election in the national day rally 2016. This coming election only malay to contest? He said need to give minority a chance to go into PE, so need to take turn to change to different race each PE. Tony tan is the current President and last PE is an Indian, so this coming PE only allow malay to contest for PE?

The hint was in the news a few days ago.....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporeans-respect-people-from-all-races-but-quite-a-number-find-racism-still-an-issue

The survey also found Singaporeans are comfortable interacting with people from another race but have a strong preference for a Prime Minister or President from their own race.

The hint was in the news a few days ago.....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporeans-respect-people-from-all-races-but-quite-a-number-find-racism-still-an-issue

The survey also found Singaporeans are comfortable interacting with people from another race but have a strong preference for a Prime Minister or President from their own race.

Haha, did not expect to chut this stun.