National Day Rally. What are your thoughts?

Donut

I have said before, the president was supposed to be Abdullah Tarmugi. They put him up as Speaker of Parliment so he could qualify for the election.

Then Tan Cheng Bock came along and messed up the plans, and they had to get another Chinese to compete against him

Won't be surprised if they go down this route, it will be Tarmugi or Halimah Yacob who is the next President

Edited by Aventador
↡ Advertisement

have to factor in that more PRC born chinese and Indian born indians are now part of our citizens. Have to do some things to reduce their racial tendencies as well.

I have said before, the president was supposed to be Abudullah Tarmugi. They put him up as Speaker of Parliment so he could qualify for the election.

Then Tan Cheng Bock came along and messed up the plans, and they had to get another Chinese to compete against him

Won't be surprised if they go down this route, it will be Tarmugi or Halimah Yacob who is the next President

never heard of this before, but sounds plausible.

Restricting it to being a person of a certain race every election doesn't sound fair to me.

The no. of people suitable to be President is a short list, so doesn't make sense not to select the best candidate cos his/her race is not up for it this time.

Ideally sg should be big enough to require a vice president and president. And one of the pair must be a minority candidate (either President or VP).

Then you are voting for a duo, rather than a man.

• Praise 1

why talk so much about south china sea

ok ... i know it's important but what's the agenda?

Edited by Wt_know

Ya lo

Support prc I think

why talk so much about south china sea [hur]

PRC dua kee liao ma ... what to talk

Actually he is trying to educate us leh. All makes a lot of sense.. We need to make friends with everyone. Big countries may not comply with the International ruling, we must still make peace.

I believe the agenda is to let us understand what is happening to the south china sea dispute and how it affect us as a lot people do not understand and take this dispute lightly and some may think why we need to get involved? Don't care lor.. Which may not be possible due to we need to make peace with everyone including USA and China and sometimes may need to take side. If side China too much, USA not happy, side USA too much china not happy and these affects our economy..

• Praise 3

Actually he is trying to educate us leh. All makes a lot of sense.. We need to make friends with everyone. Big countries may not comply with the International ruling, we must still make peace.

I believe the agenda is to let us understand what is happening to the south china sea dispute and how it affect us as a lot people do not understand and take this dispute lightly and some may think why we need to get involved? Don't care lor.. Which may not be possible due to we need to make peace with everyone including USA and China and sometimes may need to take side. If side China too much, USA not happy, side USA too much china not happy and these affects our economy..

yeah. He's trying to educate the population on the SEA issue and how serious the ISIS issue is.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Now he talking about religion and preaches. They have acted on those who have extreme views and Isls. Then we have banned some religious people coming to singapore, Muslim, Christian with extreme views.

Suddenly I am thinking of CHC, how come KH still here can travel to other countries so freely? He not extreme meh? He also very good at talking and can convince people to do things what he want, which is to donate more money. Not extreme leh? Like brainwash

So what is he doing now? Should instruct police to put him in bars like some who is caught wanting to go join Isls..

Edited by Yewheng

I have said before, the president was supposed to be Abdullah Tarmugi. They put him up as Speaker of Parliment so he could qualify for the election.

President got what power?

Edited by Ktglfc
  • Praise 1

Heyo! Forgot .... starting to watch now.

Just nice listen to him briefly talk about what's the changes going to come ahead for the PE..

Edited by Yewheng