Maternity Leave for SC & SPR couple

Deckbuild

I have a read thru on MOM website but still unsure how it will work., have email MOM for a firm answer, meanwhile would like to check with bros and sis here.

I'm a SC and my wife SPR, the website state the paid maternity leave for SPR will be 8 wks and SC 16 wks with child as Singaporean.

What if vice versa Husband is SPR and Wife is SC, will the wife enjoy 16 weeks or 8 weeks given that the child will be Singaporean as well?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

If I am not wrong, it is based on the nationality of the child, not the parent. If child is registered SC, mum gets 16 weeks.

u sure you want 16 weeks maternity leave???

If the biz can carry on for 4 months without your present, your position is probably redundant.

I know a few friends who volunteerly go back to work after 8 weeks. I no sure how they settle the remaining 8 weeks. Probably work out with their employer to clear them off over 1 year or simply forfeited.

If the biz can carry on for 4 months without your present, your position is probably redundant.

I know a few friends who volunteerly go back to work after 8 weeks. I no sure how they settle the remaining 8 weeks. Probably work out with their employer to clear them off over 1 year or simply forfeited.

Yes I want. Your case apply to some company and not to others. The first 8 is being paid by the company, the later 8 is by gov. And the later 8 can be spread out for the next 12 months.

Of course I want. Why not? if my position is so easily compromised, then I only have myself to blame..

What about those self-employed mothers? Since govt is going to pay their employer, are they going to pay the self-employed also for 16 weeks?

If the government is even remotely sincere, they should foot the cost of all 16 week in wages, including Employer's CPF.

Otherwise, it's just empty talk and leaving businesses to take the load for the government's "pro-family" policies. Furthermore, the employer can, and should use the wage savings to hire a temp staff. I know of plenty of stay at home mums who will be happy with and highly qualified for such short term jobs.

The government is just creating more "pro-foreigner" policies. What's the point of hiring Singaporeans who will cost more thanks to CPF, have reservist commitments or maternity or even paternity leave? Just hire single foreigners on EP.

Edited by Jim

If the government is even remotely sincere, they should foot the cost of all 16 week in wages, including Employer's CPF.

Otherwise, it's just empty talk and leaving businesses to take the load for the government's "pro-family" policies. Furthermore, the employer can, and should use the wage savings to hire a temp staff. I know of plenty of stay at home mums who will be happy with and highly qualified for such short term jobs.

The government is just creating more "pro-foreigner" policies. What's the point of hiring Singaporeans who will cost more thanks to CPF, have reservist commitments or maternity or even paternity leave? Just hire single foreigners on EP.

don't like that leh, everything want govt to pay... Govt money comes from where?

And do you know that more than half the working population here don't have to pay income tax. I already belong to the group that needs to pay income tax. So, please, I don't want to pay more.

Supercharged

And do you know that more than half the working population here don't have to pay income tax. I already belong to the group that needs to pay income tax. So, please, I don't want to pay more.

Have more children is one way to avoid being taxed! Can get tax relief... :D

Have more children is one way to avoid being taxed! Can get tax relief... :D

不说不气,说了就火滚。Tax relief for child how much? I think is $2k or $3k.... Enough meh??

要有点诚意。没一万也该有八千。不是每个人替人写写信,包包小孩子,每个月就有一万六入口袋。我从早到晚锄泥土, 都没他的一半

不说不气,说了就火滚。Tax relief for child how much? I think is $2k or $3k.... Enough meh??

要有点诚意。没一万也该有八千。不是每个人替人写写信,包包小孩子,每个月就有一万六入口袋。我从早到晚锄泥土, 都没他的一半

There are still learning, forgive them ok [:p]

don't like that leh, everything want govt to pay... Govt money comes from where?

That's the thing.... Everyone wants to be at the receiving end.... Nothing will be implementable if everyone thinks like this....

What about those self-employed mothers? Since govt is going to pay their employer, are they going to pay the self-employed also for 16 weeks?

same as reservist make up pay claim.

per your declared income lor.

if self employed never declare income. how to claim?

if got declare income then claim per normal procedure.

Didnt the govt use the low birthrate as an excuse to bring in foreigners? The 1 million+ foreigners do not pay tax? Furthermore, I think it is high time EP holders should either contribute to CPF or pay a levy like their WP counterparts, to be fair to CPF attracting citizens and PRs. That sum of money will more than pay for whatever costs incurred.

Unless the government was never sincere to start with and just want to use birthrate as an excuse to continue to flood Singapore with foreigners at the expense of the citizens and long term PR.

BTW, I have 3 kids. I believe my wife will never pay income tax again, and I am enjoying most of the $30k tax rebate. REBATE, not relief. At my income level, I really dont see myself paying income tax for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, for the vast majority of the people here, the biggest tax load is car related. I believe the government presented a chart that showed most people will receive more money from the government than pay in taxes, PROVIDED YOU DONT OWN A CAR. :D

Edited by Jim
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

More than $2K or $3K lah..... You check IRAS website and see!

More than $2K or $3K lah..... You check IRAS website and see!

alamak, that means I underdeclare my relief all these years. So I gong gong pay more taxes than required??? [bigcry] [bigcry]

Quick, give me the link