• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
428 replies to this topic | 350 praises

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

my old trusty Garmin 205W no longer working, can't detect satellite even I were to stand outside my car with it in my hand for more than 15mins.

Any recommendation? I mostly need it for trips up North.

2BDriver and 3 Anonymous members praised this
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bro....IT fair around the corner.....go there and y will find so many models to choose from lah
Still recommend Garmin.
4 Anonymous members praised this
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

C-K
  • C-K
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If you seldom use it in Singapore, but frequently use it in Malaysia, you should go for Marbella running Papago software.

I personally find Papago much better than Garmin & Galatio. Moreover, Marbella is way cheaper than Garmin & slightly cheaper than Holux.

Edited by C-K, 28 August 2012 - 10:44 PM.

4 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

my old trusty Garmin 205W no longer working, can't detect satellite even I were to stand outside my car with it in my hand for more than 15mins.

Any recommendation? I mostly need it for trips up North.

I'll choose Garmin 'cos now the new model comes with lifetime map update up to 4 times per year and the cheapest one is the 40LM with 4.3" screen selling at about $179 at Challenger....... cool.gif
2BDriver and 3 Anonymous members praised this
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro....IT fair around the corner.....go there and y will find so many models to choose from lah
Still recommend Garmin.

yah, I know, that's why I want to find out which one to buy during IT fair mah biggrin.gif
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you seldom use it in Singapore, but frequently use it in Malaysia, you should go for Marbella running Papago software.

I personally find Papago much better than Garmin & Galatio. Moreover, Marbella is way cheaper than Garmin & slightly cheaper than Holux.

ok, noted. Will find out the prices during IT show smile.gif
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Garmin 2465LM
Lifetime free map updates are equally important than hardware specs.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'll choose Garmin 'cos now the new model comes with lifetime map update up to 4 times per year and the cheapest one is the 40LM with 4.3" screen selling at about $179 at Challenger....... cool.gif

Oh, very value for money leh, may consider this one also. The lifetime map update include LTA one?
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Garmin 2465LM
Lifetime free map updates are equally important than hardware specs.

oh, one more question, the latest Garmin's satellite tracking is it very fast ?

my old 205w seems to take at least 5mins~7mins to track (when it was working) sweatdrop.gif
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i will still go for Garmin for GPS. already owned two sets
2BDriver and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Oh, very value for money leh, may consider this one also. The lifetime map update include LTA one?

There are the Garmin's City Navigator, MSM and MFM updates.......neber heard of LTA one leh...... confused.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

oh, one more question, the latest Garmin's satellite tracking is it very fast ?

my old 205w seems to take at least 5mins~7mins to track (when it was working) sweatdrop.gif

My 50LM took less than 1 min to track when good weather.......just now heavy rain took about 3 mins to lock on....... laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

C-K
  • C-K
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ok, noted. Will find out the prices during IT show smile.gif

I find for you : happy.gif (outdated price)

Garmin
http://vr-zone.com/c.../garmin/25.html

Eastgear (Holux)
http://vr-zone.com/c...astgear/73.html

Marbella
http://vr-zone.com/c...arbella/28.html

Edited by C-K, 28 August 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If my budget only $100, what GPS can I buy??? sad.gif

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Mmmm.....$100 is a challenge......maybe can consider 2nd hand one or download those apps like Papago, Garmin etc.........but performance wise I don't know....... tongue.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

I have the Nuvi 200, but mine still working so not buying. Only thing is now its a bit slow and lagging due to the increased map details from the latest malfree/malsing map update.

Latest price list here :

I recommend the 50LM.

Allbright_Garmin_GPS_Navigator_Nuvi_2575RLM_Driving_Recorder__2565LM__2465LM__50LM__40LM.jpg

Allbright_Garmin_GPS_Navigator_Comparison_Chart_Nuvi_2575RLM__2565LM__2465LM__50LM__40LM.jpg

Edited by Adrianli, 29 August 2012 - 03:57 PM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

use your iphone...really/. Garmin for iphone rawks! I only use that...even tho have the vehicle GPS

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this is my immediate reply laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

10 of these

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Edms
  • Edms
    Clutched
    Author Image

marbella have built in hd dvr now
3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Price list for tomorrow comex

http://itfairsg.com/...-brochure-9563/

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Garmin Nuvi 55LM SG/MY

Garmin Nuvi 55LM SG/MY  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Dswm  |  2nd Gear

Effective and reliable GPS

Upgraded my GPS after the previous one's touch screen (can't remember the model but it was WayWay, bought about 4-5 years back) started becoming dodgy and frustrating to use. Started shopping around and surveying various brands, we stumble... » Read More

Garmin nüvi 4592LM

Garmin nüvi 4592LM  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Tictactoe  |  Clutched

A highly recommended GPS to others

I love my new nüvi 4592LM a lot! It is already loaded with detailed maps of Singapore and comes with free lifetime map updates - my routes are sure to reflect the most up-to-date maps. It also comes with POIs (points of interest) and navi... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : GPS

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: gps , navigation , garmin

Standalone GPS Go to unread post 9 replies
GPS Standalone Go to unread post 36 replies
Garmin 2567LM worth the upgrade? Go to unread post 0 replies
Got new free gps navigation app Go to unread post 16 replies
Garmin GPS Go to unread post 0 replies
Garmin NuviCam Review Go to unread post 1 replies
Garmin GPS Go to unread post 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users