Which GPS to buy?

Vtim

my old trusty Garmin 205W no longer working, can't detect satellite even I were to stand outside my car with it in my hand for more than 15mins.

Any recommendation? I mostly need it for trips up North.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

If you seldom use it in Singapore, but frequently use it in Malaysia, you should go for Marbella running Papago software.

I personally find Papago much better than Garmin & Galatio. Moreover, Marbella is way cheaper than Garmin & slightly cheaper than Holux.

Edited by C-K
  • Praise 4

my old trusty Garmin 205W no longer working, can't detect satellite even I were to stand outside my car with it in my hand for more than 15mins.

Any recommendation? I mostly need it for trips up North.

I'll choose Garmin 'cos now the new model comes with lifetime map update up to 4 times per year and the cheapest one is the 40LM with 4.3" screen selling at about $179 at Challenger....... [cool]

• Praise 4

Bro....IT fair around the corner.....go there and y will find so many models to choose from lah

Still recommend Garmin.

yah, I know, that's why I want to find out which one to buy during IT fair mah :D

If you seldom use it in Singapore, but frequently use it in Malaysia, you should go for Marbella running Papago software.

I personally find Papago much better than Garmin & Galatio. Moreover, Marbella is way cheaper than Garmin & slightly cheaper than Holux.

ok, noted. Will find out the prices during IT show [:)]

I'll choose Garmin 'cos now the new model comes with lifetime map update up to 4 times per year and the cheapest one is the 40LM with 4.3" screen selling at about $179 at Challenger....... [cool]

Oh, very value for money leh, may consider this one also. The lifetime map update include LTA one?

Garmin 2465LM

Lifetime free map updates are equally important than hardware specs.

oh, one more question, the latest Garmin's satellite tracking is it very fast ?

my old 205w seems to take at least 5mins~7mins to track (when it was working) [sweatdrop]

Oh, very value for money leh, may consider this one also. The lifetime map update include LTA one?

There are the Garmin's City Navigator, MSM and MFM updates.......neber heard of LTA one leh...... [confused]

oh, one more question, the latest Garmin's satellite tracking is it very fast ?

my old 205w seems to take at least 5mins~7mins to track (when it was working) [sweatdrop]

My 50LM took less than 1 min to track when good weather.......just now heavy rain took about 3 mins to lock on....... [laugh]

If my budget only $100, what GPS can I buy??? [:(]

Mmmm.....$100 is a challenge......maybe can consider 2nd hand one or download those apps like Papago, Garmin etc.........but performance wise I don't know....... [:p]

Hi,

I have the Nuvi 200, but mine still working so not buying. Only thing is now its a bit slow and lagging due to the increased map details from the latest malfree/malsing map update.

Latest price list here :

I recommend the 50LM.

post-2654-1346227018_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1346227075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

use your iphone...really/. Garmin for iphone rawks! I only use that...even tho have the vehicle GPS

this is my immediate reply [laugh][laugh][laugh]

10 of these

MTM00001.jpg

↡ Advertisement