Which GPS to buy?

Vtim

Anyone can advise which is better option :

Holux 62S AV or Marbella N50 or Marbella Geomate 500 or Garmin 50lm ? Very confused now.. Wanted to buy Marbella 500 because of the free car camera but don't know the clarity it... appreciate any experts can advise.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Holux 62S AV or Marbella N50 or Marbella Geomate 500 or Garmin 50lm ? Very confused now.. Wanted to buy Marbella 500 because of the free car camera but don't know the clarity it... appreciate any experts can advise.

Thanks.

U risk having ur windows smashed for having a GPS + car camera.

• Praise 1

use sygic on both iphone & android...

good good to use.... very fast lock-on & search... no need to bring another device

not sure on the map update though... using "ameh" version.....

• Praise 2

how is the garmin gps locating malaysia location through search like building/road name?

tested holux gps from fren, cant even locate ksl city through building/road name.

a few yrs back my Garmin 205w navigate all the way to Sunway lagoon, not bad, only don't have Junction View, now new models all come with it.

going IT show?

only wondering would they cut price lower than the flyer or even throw in more free gift for those basic model.

don't think there will be any more price cut, not too sure about free gift, will most likely go down on Sunday.

don't think there will be any more price cut, not too sure about free gift, will most likely go down on Sunday.

if i didnt rmb wrongly, 149 for 40lm at challenger under member price.

i am a member too.

shall see how it goes, but the map look abit weird lei, am new to gps.

but at least maanage to locate ksl unlike the holux gps cmi.

Bro just buy garmin sg/Mal from aps store to your iPhone or iPad at $30+ only , and you are ready to go , it comes with malsing too. But sygic is very good too

• Praise 3

Bro just buy garmin sg/Mal from aps store to your iPhone or iPad at $30+ only , and you are ready to go , it comes with malsing too. But sygic is very good too

am using a 3gs.

have the papgo paid version, dont seem to be working very well.

too lag on driving, route is updated slower than driving.

• Praise 1

Thanks.

I went for Marbella but I wouldn't get the N50 and it looks a bit laggy. Top up $40 you get the gps with all those safety features like Bluetooth and free camera doesnt sound a bad deal, but the camera they claimed its very very limited set only.

They have a big TV there to show you the camera resolution right? Or probably u need to ask them for it then they will show you?

• Praise 3

am using a 3gs.

have the papgo paid version, dont seem to be working very well.

too lag on driving, route is updated slower than driving.

iPhone navigation really can not la, whether using Sygic, Papago or google maps I have tried them all on my 3Gs and 4GS until I gave up.

I almost got caught by TP for using phone while driving cuz the stupid phone couldn't function properly or hang there until I gave up Liao. I can't live without my driving license.

iPhone navigation really can not la, whether using Sygic, Papago or google maps I have tried them all on my 3Gs and 4GS until I gave up.

I almost got caught by TP for using phone while driving cuz the stupid phone couldn't function properly or hang there until I gave up Liao. I can't live without my driving license.

I wouldn't advice anyone to use their phones to navigate, no matter how good they are.

They take away cpu power which is needed to work other functions like the "phone feature" itself.

Buy a dedicated gps unit and be done with, especially it's so cheap nowadays.

• Praise 1

Personally dun like those hp navigation apps, i find slower, also juz imagine when using & someone called you.

Unless you download it to a spare hp..i downloaded onto my old 3GS hp..

Using holux 62xx with papago map for 3yr+ liao..still steady with free updates from eastgear.

• Praise 1

$149 at challenger too for member.

as well get member point and confirm can swipe card.

at IT show, i doubt it.

Today, consumers are spoilt for choice when deciding on which brand of GPS device to buy and not only that, it is very much cheaper and comes with many features. All these were unthinkable a few years back when GPS was still in its infancy in our market. I remember a few years ago, I bought my first GPS, the Garmin Nuvi 660 at $1K. At that time, there wasn't much choices in the market and free maps weren't easily available except for MSM. No Papago, no Marbella, no Holux, no nothing. Even the so-called advance features of the 660, being one of top models of Garmin at that time, couldn't even compare to a lower end model today like the 2465. So, the prices have fallen drastically with many players in the markets and also in inclusion of many advance features unheard of then. FOr me, Garmin is still the way to go. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I am also thinking of getting a GPS to replace my trusty road directory but not really sure whether I should get one or not?

I seldom travel up north and singapore is a small place where most of the time, a flip thru the directory is sufficient even though it will take a bit of time to read the map... [laugh]

I only occasionally drive to place where I am not familiar with...

The plus pt which I can think of is that by getting a GPS, I no longer need to flip the map or memorised the route to take... can change destination mid way...

Should I get one?

Thanks...

• Praise 2

Getting a GPS is like buying a smart phone.

At first you think you don't need one.

After you get one, you realise that you can't live without one.

2 most useful functions for me.

- GPS is useful for finding shortest routes. Even though you may know how to get to somewhere, the route you have been using all the while may not be the shortest.

- GPS can search by shop name/restuarant name. Friends tell me where to meet for dinner, I do not even have to write down the address. Just type name into GPS.

↡ Advertisement