Australia: Sydney - Driving to Blue Mountain

Anshng

HI all

Just to check if any have driven there before? Is it drive all the way up or is it just drive to the bottom and take cable car etc?

↡ Advertisement

HI all

Just to check if any have driven there before? Is it drive all the way up or is it just drive to the bottom and take cable car etc?

You can drive all the way up. It's a wonderful and scenic drive. Did it many many times back when I was still a student. Get the best car you can afford - a good convertible is best. You can rent a couple good options from the usual car rentals or get a premium open top or an exotic from one of the luxury car rentals in Sydney.

Do take the time to stay there for the night or a few night and take the drive to the Jenolan caves. Drive's a little hairy at the tail end but well worth it. enjoy your stay there.

The best is to park at the cable station which was what I did and ride the cable car (glass bottom!!!) and take in the sights. Parking is free there.

Also, there will be several petrol stations along the way up the mountain. The "lower" the stations are located, the "cheaper" is the petrol. Have fun!

You can drive all the way up. It's a wonderful and scenic drive. Did it many many times back when I was still a student. Get the best car you can afford - a good convertible is best. You can rent a couple good options from the usual car rentals or get a premium open top or an exotic from one of the luxury car rentals in Sydney.

Do take the time to stay there for the night or a few night and take the drive to the Jenolan caves. Drive's a little hairy at the tail end but well worth it. enjoy your stay there.

Hey thanks

I wanted to drive there but my parent are a bit concerned abt driving up and down the mountain. What is the road like? Is it a wide road with many lane or is it like those up genting and cameron highland whereby there is only 1 or 2 lanes? What do you mean by hairy? Most likely will not be staying there though coz we already book hotel near the city. Thanks

The best is to park at the cable station which was what I did and ride the cable car (glass bottom!!!) and take in the sights. Parking is free there.

Also, there will be several petrol stations along the way up the mountain. The "lower" the stations are located, the "cheaper" is the petrol. Have fun!

Thanks, same question, how far uphill we need to drive before reaching the cable car station? Is the road wide and easy to drive or those mountain road that is very narrow and if not careful can go downhill one? Thanks

Neutral Newbie

HI all

Gentling highlands ah? Cable car siol

i took the blue mountain bus coz we wanted to trek around. anyway most parts its 2 lanes, 1 lane up 1 lane down. its not very narrow as the bus im on is the double decker type and the driver has no issues at all.

tell ur parents either do the drive or tahan the almost 2hr train ride =)

driving should be almost the same as the great ocean road, not very likely to drop off the road and roll down the hill

Edited by Lon3fly3r

Neutral Newbie

HI all

Gentling highlands ah? Cable car siol

↡ Advertisement