Regarding Timing belt

Quantum

Think most car timing belt cannot be seen from outside, and need to dismantle something to take out the belt to check. But if you are buying a used car already 4 year old or more with mileage more than 60K, better to change the timing belt to play safe.

Supercharged

change,

usually based on the manual, you will required to change at 80k.

well, it's cheap anyway. for my ride, i will require 3 belt to change at a go.

let me know if need help [;)]

1st of all, what car are you driving ?

Was it equipped with timing belt or chain ? If timing belt type around 80K interval must replace. If timing chain then no need.

Depends on if you have regular workshop or not, usually around S$ 70 to S$ 90 for timing belt alone and labour charges depends on your car model and nos of items need to remove from engine vary between S$ 50 to S$ 90/-.

Edited by Trafficwatch

Was it equipped with timing belt or chain ? If timing belt type around 80K interval must replace. If timing chain then no need.

Depends on if you have regular workshop or not, usually around S$ 70 to S$ 90 for timing belt alone and labour charges depends on your car model and nos of items need to remove from engine vary between S$ 50 to S$ 90/-.

bro, i heard fr some AD that timing chain also needs replacement at about 200k to 250k km rite?

dbl post

Edited by Fuelsaver

change,

usually based on the manual, you will required to change at 80k.

well, it's cheap anyway. for my ride, i will require 3 belt to change at a go.

let me know if need help [;)]

hi bro kurty, need help [:)]

is it true that after replacing the timing belt and stuff you need to do some alignment or calibration?

The mechanic changing the timing belt should include doing the alignment and adjusting of the belt for you.

Most car now are using chain belt liao. What you see in the engine compartment are fan belts. It will be good to share what type of 2nd car your are looking at and what year of manufacturing. Believe google also can find the answer easily.